HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gameday thread: Vancouver @ Columbus

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Mizral

vCash: 500
Sweet! Beauty pass by Daniel.

Ohlund scores (Sedin, Sedin)

Old
10-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Canadian Chris

Whoooooooo Hoooooooooooo!

Old
10-13-2003, 03:37 PM
cnukfan

vCash:
Belated wooooooo hooooooooooo

Old
10-13-2003, 03:48 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Sopel looked awful... but I gotta love him cause he kept the puck in for the Ohlund goal.

Sami Salo should have had that breakaway.. he just needed to elevate the puck a little and it was in, Denis was down so early

Also, the Sedins were passing too much when they carried the puck in.. you cycle when you dump and chase. If they can get as far in as the faceoff circle, they should take a shot instead of dumping and cycling.

Old
10-13-2003, 03:58 PM
Edonator
The Mightiest Club

The Big Line is a joke. Trying to make a pretty goal won't get them any where. Sopel is god.

Old
10-13-2003, 04:21 PM
MVP

Way to go Cloutier for losing the temper and the goal

1 : 1

EDIT: Cloutier absolutely loss it since the penatly, at less this is happening in the early part of the season instead of the playoff.

2 to 1 Columbus

Old
10-13-2003, 04:28 PM
tantalum

Atleast it's happening early in the season? Not what I was thinking...I was thinking it's his second game, against a team with no rivalry and he's already had a temper tantrum. Not a good sign IMO. Especially in a game that they were winning at the time.

a game and a half and two bad goals at crucial times in the game.

Old
10-13-2003, 04:30 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalum
Atleast it's happening early in the season? Not what I was thinking...I was thinking it's his second game, against a team with no rivalry and he's already had a temper tantrum. Not a good sign IMO. Especially in a game that they were winning at the time.

I think it is a good sign, since i think Hedberg is a better fit with the team anyways.

Old
10-13-2003, 04:32 PM
tantalum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
I think it is a good sign, since i think Hedberg is a better fit with the team anyways.
Well then we are in full agreement! Bad sign if they plan on using CLoutier as the main guy. Of course a couple of these and the situation rapidly changes. I just don't think Cloutier has the mental fortitude to stave off a serious challenge for his spot. It's up to Hedberg to provide that challenge.

Old
10-13-2003, 04:42 PM
Red

Ugh.

Old
10-13-2003, 04:44 PM
LaVal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
Way to go Cloutier for losing the temper
there is no way in hell that should have been a penalty in the first place. but yes, it was a pretty soft goal.

Old
10-13-2003, 04:45 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalum
Well then we are in full agreement! Bad sign if they plan on using CLoutier as the main guy. Of course a couple of these and the situation rapidly changes. I just don't think Cloutier has the mental fortitude to stave off a serious challenge for his spot. It's up to Hedberg to provide that challenge.

Completely in agreement. i don't understand why Cloutier acted the way he did and loss his temper, i mean it is clear that he has a bad reputation of losing his temper, and the other team often look at it as one of Canucks' s biggest weakness, but his lack of maturity continues to hurt the team.i thought Cloutier would of learn by now, but i guess you cannot teach old dog new trick.

Old
10-13-2003, 04:45 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI
What happened
Cloutier got tangled up with Nash and they jostled a little. At the next whistle Cloutier skated over to Columbus' bench and started yapping at someone. Picks up 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike and then gives up a weak goal on the ensuing powerplay. I wouldn't have minded the penalty if he had kept the puck out on the PP, but he got caught cheating off the post.

2-1 Columbus now. (That was the first goal, they got a second about a minute and half later)

Old
10-13-2003, 04:48 PM
Mizral

I think outside of a stretch in the 2nd period there, we've been playing a great game. It seems to me that while the 'Bus are winning, we've had a bit of trouble connecting on our chances - but you know what, as we start scoring, confidence will be built up throughout our lineup. I mean, Naslund hasn't scored yet, but you can rest assured that when he does, they will come in huge bunches.

Anyhow, a strong third will turn this one around without too much worry, I don't think. The Jackets are good against us, but not that good

PS: I'm very impressed with Henrik's passing, again. The pass he made to Bertuzzi for a fairly good chance, albiet a missed shot, was just crazy! I love how the twins again got points. Thats 2 assists for both in 3 games. I think they've been playing sort of par for the course as far as they are normally concerned, too, they are just finishing their chances. Why does this make me so excited? Well, I think they can both turn it up a notch or 3 - especially in the goal scoring department.

Old
10-13-2003, 04:53 PM
Canadian Chris

I wouldn't call the 2nd Columbus goal a bad goal at all with regards to Cloutier.

My question is what the hell are the 2 other forwards, and 1 other defenseman doing looking at the puck...Seriously. All 1 of those players had to do was have their head on a swivel, take a look and get inbetween Marchant and the puck, and chances are that doesn't go in.

People are so quick to blame Cloutier now. Yes, the first goal, he cheated, and got burned. The second goal WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED had the forward/dman taken a look at who was where.

Old
10-13-2003, 04:54 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

too much watching the puck, not enough taking the man

Old
10-13-2003, 04:58 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Chris
I wouldn't call the 2nd Columbus goal a bad goal at all with regards to Cloutier.

My question is what the hell are the 2 other forwards, and 1 other defenseman doing looking at the puck...Seriously. All 1 of those players had to do was have their head on a swivel, take a look and get inbetween Marchant and the puck, and chances are that doesn't go in.

People are so quick to blame Cloutier now. Yes, the first goal, he cheated, and got burned. The second goal WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED had the forward/dman taken a look at who was where.
i don't think anyone is blaming Cloutier for the second goal, but the first goal was the direct result of Cloutier's bad temper, and Canucks had the game in control before that, those are facts.

Old
Mizral

Morrison! Pretty goal!

(Ohlund, Sopel)

Old
incawg

now that's a start to a period!

Old
10-13-2003, 04:59 PM
Rageinthecage

Morrison scores. 2-2 Was wondering when the big line would score 5 on 5.

Old
10-13-2003, 05:01 PM
incawg

hey May won a fight!

Old
10-13-2003, 05:02 PM
Edler Von Gud

vCash: 1308
Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Damn Denis is the only reason were not winning right now, he's made plenty of saves on 2-1's and breakaways, damn he's pretty good, but I think we will get to him sooner or later.

May and Shelley had a scrap there.

Old
10-13-2003, 05:02 PM
MVP

Bertuzzi and Arvedsson 2 on 1 on Denis, and Denis with the save.

And Linden with a clutch defensive play before that.

May fought and shown his toughness.

Old
10-13-2003, 05:06 PM
Edler Von Gud

vCash: 1308
Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
God, stay in the net Cloutier, you can't stick handle, so don't even try, that almost cost us a goal there.

Old
10-13-2003, 05:08 PM
Reign Nateo

Good start to the third.

Christ Cloutier almost cost us the game in the 2nd, he should have fought someone and go himself kicked out of the game.

Closed Thread