HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oh Lord, Why Lord (Flinn to LA again?)

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2005, 01:42 PM
TubbyTerrion*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Oh Lord, Why Lord (Flinn to LA again?)

There's a great Todd Rundgren song from the mid-70s called "Don't You Ever Learn?" --- I think I'll suggest it to Kings management.

Looks like on the ahl website, under transactions, in their usual almost impossible to decipher, Flinn has been "deleted" from the Manchester roster because he has been "Recalled From Loan By Los Angeles"

such a loan... the gift that I have no "interest" in whatsoever.

Old
11-26-2005, 01:47 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Expect some fistitcufts tonight, and of course it's like the only game all season that I will miss.

Old
11-26-2005, 01:47 PM
King Blazer

From the Monarchs web site:

11/26/05

Flinn Heads Back To Los Angeles

MANCHESTER, NH – The Los Angeles Kings, the parent club of the Manchester Monarchs, have recalled left wing Ryan Flinn from the Monarchs, Kings President of Hockey Operations/General Manager Dave Taylor announced today.

link: http://www.monarchshockey.com/fullstory.php?id=1857

Old
11-26-2005, 01:55 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Expect some fistitcufts tonight, and of course it's like the only game all season that I will miss.

I'm looking for a ticket for tonight. If I comment on your avatar, can I have yours?

Old
11-26-2005, 02:40 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
I'm looking for a ticket for tonight. If I comment on your avatar, can I have yours?
I actually gave them away already or else I would've given it to you.

Old
11-26-2005, 02:50 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
I have little doubt that you won't find one. Now, if the seats aren't good enough...That's a different story.

11-26-2005, 03:13 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
I have little doubt that you won't find one. Now, if the seats aren't good enough...That's a different story.

it is a family night tonight though... right?

Old
11-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat
it is a family night tonight though... right?
I'm not going but ya it is.

Old
11-26-2005, 05:43 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

boy... Kings fans are almost impossible to please....for two seasons, all we heard was AM is stupid b/c he's anti-goons! Now, he wants to play one, but its the fans that are now anti-goons...

yeah the problem is that flinn plays poorly, but find me a goon that doesnt

Old
11-26-2005, 06:31 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
boy... Kings fans are almost impossible to please....for two seasons, all we heard was AM is stupid b/c he's anti-goons! Now, he wants to play one, but its the fans that are now anti-goons...

yeah the problem is that flinn plays poorly, but find me a goon that doesnt
I could get a long list of guys who I'd much rather play over Flinn.

Old
11-26-2005, 06:35 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Add Mitch Fritz to you list. He just burried his 4th of the season after Grebeshkov coughed it up in his own end AGAIN...Monarchs trail 1-0 with about 4-min left in the first...

Old
11-26-2005, 07:09 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
As long as he gets 5 minutes of ice time or less and he puts fear into the guys who want to take runs at Avery and other than I'm glad he's on our side. We have a lot of talent on this team so the less a 4th liner like Flinn plays the more other guys get to be on the ice. I want to see Flinn KO somebody tonight.

Old
11-26-2005, 07:15 PM
Reaper45

I'd take guys like Boulerice, May, Grant Marshall, and Langdon over guys like Flinn anyday.

Old
11-26-2005, 10:58 PM
braincramp

Flinn in an absolutely meaningless fight . . . loses helmet, hits head on ice . . . probably seriously injured. I feel sorry for him. It just serves the blood lust of some fans throughout the NHL.

Old
11-27-2005, 07:18 AM
YESSUH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by braincramp
Flinn in an absolutely meaningless fight . . . loses helmet, hits head on ice . . . probably seriously injured. I feel sorry for him. It just serves the blood lust of some fans throughout the NHL.
Says here he's severely injured

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/5114562

Old
11-27-2005, 07:55 AM
chiavsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by braincramp
Yes, because people love seeing a guy get severely injured

Old
11-27-2005, 08:52 AM
King Blazer

today's OC Register indicates he was expeceted to be released last night...

Flinn, who had been recalled earlier in the day from Manchester, the Kings' AHL affiliate, suffered what will probably be a concussion and had to be carried off the ice.

Flinn got into a fight with Chicago defenseman Jim Vandermeer 9:08 into the contest and nearly fell before he threw any punches. Flinn regained his footing and landed several blows to Vandermeer's head.

Flinn's helmet came off just as the two players were falling to the ice, and the back of his head struck the ice. He didn't move for several seconds and was bleeding from a cut to the back of his head. He was transported to County-USC Medical Center.

Flinn was coherent enough to telephone his fiancée and tell her he was taken to the hospital, where he was placed under observation. He was expected to be released late Saturday night.

link: http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...cle_860719.php

Last edited by King Blazer: 11-27-2005 at 09:33 AM.
Old
11-27-2005, 06:16 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Let it be known that I was extremely distressed by the injury to Flinn, and despite whatever I say about him on any hockey boards, I would NEVER wish anything life threatening to happen to him on or off the ice.

That being said, I couldn't help but chuckle when David Courtney made the PA announcement in between the second and third periods that said he (Flinn) was "coherent and under observation," because in the three/four years he's been around the organization, neither of those things were particularly evident.

As soon as he's out of the hospital and on the mend, I will take my Flinn (autographed) bobble head doll, pour ketchup over it, and make some sort of obscene and inappropriate avatar, but it would NEVER be meant to be anything but poor-taste humor, and not any kind of indictment of him personally.

Old
11-27-2005, 06:20 PM
King Blazer

I spoke with a couple of the Monarchs FO folks this afternoon before the Monarchs game. Flinn called earlier in the day and spoke with a couple of the players. He says he's fine...

Old
11-27-2005, 06:39 PM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
I spoke with a couple of the Monarchs FO folks this afternoon before the Monarchs game. Flinn called earlier in the day and spoke with a couple of the players. He says he's fine...
That's great to hear. There were conflicting reports last night. Some said that he would be released from the hospital after a few hours and others stated that he had a "severe head injury".

Old
11-27-2005, 07:46 PM
bland

It's much easier to say this knowing Flinn's feeling pretty well.

Anybody else find it incredibly ironic that both of our enforcers are on the IR because of injuries sustained in fights?

For years we have had to deal with a certain breed of fan who insisted that the primary reason for so many of our skill players' injuries was Murray's refusal to dress an enforcer. Now, with the exception of Bure's back, the only injuries on the roster belong to the tough guys.

Flinn's scrap is every thing that is wrong with fighting in hockey. There was absolutely no reason for that fight, other than you have a guy like Flinn who cannot contribute anything but dropping the gloves. At least Parros was defending himself after he was jumped from behind for smoking Ohlund. Flinn and Vandemeer accomplished what? Nothing. Sure the fans, myself included, love it when the gloves come off, but seriously, it is totally pointless to risk injury like this.

By the way, I'm firmly with the camp that says Flinn was out cold from the punch, and lucky to escape serious injury from hitting the ice after Vandemeer flipped him like a rag doll. I'm very greatful that he's not in a life-threatening situation, but here's hoping that he's done with hockey and moves on to a more meaningful and less dangerous lifestyle.

Old
11-28-2005, 10:33 AM
Game Misconduct

I will wear my Flinn jersey tonight.

Old
11-28-2005, 12:26 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bland
It's much easier to say this knowing Flinn's feeling pretty well.

Anybody else find it incredibly ironic that both of our enforcers are on the IR because of injuries sustained in fights?

For years we have had to deal with a certain breed of fan who insisted that the primary reason for so many of our skill players' injuries was Murray's refusal to dress an enforcer. Now, with the exception of Bure's back, the only injuries on the roster belong to the tough guys.

Flinn's scrap is every thing that is wrong with fighting in hockey. There was absolutely no reason for that fight, other than you have a guy like Flinn who cannot contribute anything but dropping the gloves. At least Parros was defending himself after he was jumped from behind for smoking Ohlund. Flinn and Vandemeer accomplished what? Nothing. Sure the fans, myself included, love it when the gloves come off, but seriously, it is totally pointless to risk injury like this.

By the way, I'm firmly with the camp that says Flinn was out cold from the punch, and lucky to escape serious injury from hitting the ice after Vandemeer flipped him like a rag doll. I'm very greatful that he's not in a life-threatening situation, but here's hoping that he's done with hockey and moves on to a more meaningful and less dangerous lifestyle.
I appreciate your support of Flinn but disagree with your comments. Vandemeer ran Avery earlier and Flinn was sending a message and standing up for his teammates and doing exactly what he is supposed to do. That's what enforcers do, try to keep the other team from running our skill guys and intimidating us and the Hawks were running everyone including Garon.

Without fighting in the NHL, guys will be using there sticks. Let me tell you, if I was on the ice, I'd rather have a guy maybe land a punch (which half the time none ever land) on me then get smacked with an aluminum stick on the side of the head.

Old
11-28-2005, 01:04 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
I appreciate your support of Flinn but disagree with your comments. Vandemeer ran Avery earlier and Flinn was sending a message and standing up for his teammates and doing exactly what he is supposed to do. That's what enforcers do, try to keep the other team from running our skill guys and intimidating us and the Hawks were running everyone including Garon.

Without fighting in the NHL, guys will be using there sticks. Let me tell you, if I was on the ice, I'd rather have a guy maybe land a punch (which half the time none ever land) on me then get smacked with an aluminum stick on the side of the head.
With all due respect Johnny, the notion of the Kings needing to dress guys to protect Avery just seems to go against his whole mantra....

Old
11-28-2005, 02:27 PM
TubbyTerrion*

The only person the Kings need to protect Avery is Mike Altieri... and believe me, he's on it!

Closed Thread