HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Same old Sabres

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2003, 03:29 PM
Jooce81

vCash: 500
Same old Sabres

what the hell is going on??? wheres the offense??? tell me we got Drury and delmore for defense.... its the same Lindy "we gotta play defense" system. it's gonna be a long season.

Old
10-11-2003, 03:41 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

what is this garbage im watching?????? 5 shots after 2 periods???? This team has no grinders, no forecheck, bunch of finess with nothing else. This is terrible and the fans have every right to boo them right now.

Old
10-11-2003, 03:44 PM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres22
what is this garbage im watching?????? 5 shots after 2 periods???? This team has no grinders, no forecheck, bunch of finess with nothing else. This is terrible and the fans have every right to boo them right now.
If we were all finesse, we'd at least have a few shots.

Old
10-11-2003, 04:04 PM
Jooce81

alright, i'm now offically calling for Lindy Ruff's head.

Old
10-11-2003, 04:17 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

this is disgusting, max fiddles with the puck but cant hit the net, pyatt is just a big sissy who doesnt hit or do much of anything out there, ....and the islanders scored a 5th goal right now. so im just gonna turn the tv off, this is pathetic

Old
10-11-2003, 04:36 PM
Kozak72

Bunch of lifeless bumbs.

Old
10-11-2003, 04:41 PM
chuckie

wow

13 shots ouch!!!!!!

Old
10-11-2003, 04:42 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
At least Campbell looks good. And Peters is an upgrade over Boulton.

Other than that, this year sucks like crazy so far...but I'm not going to lynch them after 2 games. If they're 2-7 or something by the time this road trip is over, then I'll start to worry....but I'm hoping they can come out at least 4-5 or 4-4-1. I can dream, can't I?

Old
10-11-2003, 04:43 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

They need a good kick in the rear end, they are embarrasing this organization and us as fans. Maybe it is a time for a coaching change, if not we need player changes...

Dallas coming up with turco *ugh* another shut out coming I think...

Then the longest road trip in sabres history.....not good

so many problems not enough solutions, what do you guys think this team needs after watching the first 2 games?

Old
10-11-2003, 04:45 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 353
Hopefully this will put an end to the unrealistic, overly-optimistic posts. The Sabres are a marginal team stocked with talented, but inconsistant players from top to bottom. If they play up to their abilities, it will still take a bit of luck to make the playoffs. I was against re-signing Ruff and it'll be a bright day when they let him go.

Old
10-11-2003, 04:50 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
I am disgusted with the performance by the sabres tonight. I want to know when this team will be able to compete again. I know it is still early in the season, but there is no effort what so ever on the ice. Goaltending looks good, everything else doesn't. Is this what we have to look forward to all season.

Old
10-11-2003, 05:28 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
dont rush miller !!

Old
10-11-2003, 05:47 PM
Slangston

I'm so pissed...I feel like flooding this forum with negativity.

What in the world was that? That had to be the WORST game I've ever watched in my life. I think the fans deserve a full refund for that debacle tonight.

This team is full of *******. That's right, I said it, *******. The moderator can ban me if he wants, but right now that really doesn't matter to me. I'm more concerned with the product on the ice. Where was the heart, where was the passion?

The defense looks lost as there is no cohesion whatsoever. The D corps must have popped a few Nyquil pills before the game because they seemed to have all fallen asleep after the first 10 minutes of the game. Delmore is as advertised...a below average hockey player with a decent shot. He's not a player I want to see much of this season at all. Zhitnik...Maybe he really was born in Chernobyl because something is seriously wrong with his head. I think breathing in the air over there has done some serious damage to his brain. Patrick looked old and slow, I've seen some 50 year olds playing in the beer leagues skate better than he did tonight.

The forwards are a joke. I don't see anyone on this team that is willing to take a hit to make a play. Here's what we got...Ok speed, Ok skill, not too much size up front, and SOFT. The Sabres look like a village of red and black smurfs out there, only thing missing is Smurfette. Curtis Brown...What a wuss. Just what good is he anyways, what does he do? Not a damn thing as far as I'm concerned. The least he could do is when he goes to bed tonight...Pray to Allah or whomever his God is to strike a lightning bolt in Satan's ass to get him going. Excuse my language, but I'm so upset.

You see, as a die hard fan I will support this team through thick and thin but tonight really left a bad feeling in my stomach. This might seem like a pointless rant, but this is just something I had to get off my chest otherwise it would have been bothering me all night. Just what all of you guys thoughts are about the Sabres first two games into the season? Is this something that we should expect season, did we overestimate this team?

Old
10-11-2003, 05:49 PM
djhn579

My God! It looks as if none of these guys played at all in preseason! Most of the passes missed, guys weren't even looking for the puck, and they looked as listless as pond water! Someone earlier complained about Max fiddling with the puck, but at least he was trying to make something happen and that's more than could be said for most of those guys. What did we get Drury for? I saw a little from him in the first game, not much in this game. Even Briere has been invisible...

Hopefully they will pull together soon...

Old
10-11-2003, 06:08 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
It was one of the worst games I've ever seen them play... I'd have to go with their 7-2 loss to Detroit in 99-00 as the worst IMO... but tonight was horrid.

Old
10-11-2003, 06:15 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
<----------------

Old
10-11-2003, 06:17 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
dont rush miller !!

miller is ready, the team on the other hand is not, this game was not millers fault, he is indeed ready or atleast showed he is in the two games, no goalie would win with the way the sabres played infront of them tonight!

Old
10-11-2003, 06:23 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slangston_Hughes
What in the world was that? That had to be the WORST game I've ever watched in my life. I think the fans deserve a full refund for that debacle tonight.

This team is full of *******. That's right, I said it, *******. The moderator can ban me if he wants, but right now that really doesn't matter to me. I'm more concerned with the product on the ice. Where was the heart, where was the passion?

The defense looks lost as there is no cohesion whatsoever. The D corps must have popped a few Nyquil pills before the game because they seemed to have all fallen asleep after the first 10 minutes of the game. Delmore is as advertised...a below average hockey player with a decent shot. He's not a player I want to see much of this season at all. Zhitnik...Maybe he really was born in Chernobyl because something is seriously wrong with his head. I think breathing in the air over there has done some serious damage to his brain. Patrick looked old and slow, I've seen some 50 year olds playing in the beer leagues skate better than he did tonight.

The forwards are a joke. I don't see anyone on this team that is willing to take a hit to make a play. Here's what we got...Ok speed, Ok skill, not too much size up front, and SOFT. The Sabres look like a village of red and black smurfs out there, only thing missing is Smurfette. Curtis Brown...What a wuss. Just what good is he anyways, what does he do? Not a damn thing as far as I'm concerned. The least he could do is when he goes to bed tonight...Pray to Allah or whomever his God is to strike a lightning bolt in Satan's ass to get him going. Excuse my language, but I'm so upset.

You see, as a die hard fan I will support this team through thick and thin but tonight really left a bad feeling in my stomach. This might seem like a pointless rant, but this is just something I had to get off my chest otherwise it would have been bothering me all night. Just what all of you guys thoughts are about the Sabres first two games into the season? Is this something that we should expect season, did we overestimate this team?

I feel the same way and if you get banned or warned i think it would just be wrong, the way they played tonight makes me just as angry, they are soft, the defense has their heads up their rear ends and the cross ice passes to nowhere, the defense getting split over and over, the odd man rushes, no forechek,
I think we are all adults here and agree, You shouldn't get banned we all need to vent for lots of us including myself this is the only place where the true fans will listen and let you vent, if the moderator cant accept that then this is nothing more than a mickey mouse forum and if that's the case, there is hockeycity.com and sabres.com where you can speak your mind, but here here to you my friend I am just as angry as you are tonight!

Old
10-11-2003, 06:34 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eSabre15
It was one of the worst games I've ever seen them play... I'd have to go with their 7-2 loss to Detroit in 99-00 as the worst IMO... but tonight was horrid.
Man, I have to use that avatar of yours.....LOL

Old
10-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
Since I was watching a dismal effort of my own from the Barons here in Cleveland, I was extremely disgusted to see tonight's box score. I must say, although I didn't watch I can echo most of your sediments SH. This team needs a major wake up call and Satan as captain isnt vocal enough to give it. Somebody needs to light a fire under this team's ass because a terrible showing in your home opener that forces the fans to boo you off the ice should be enough. But it won't be. This team lacks tough guys period. Let's get Rayzor down in that locker room because Ruff's motivational speaking must not work. Can we please get some character into these boys? If they don't dominate Dallas, I sense a major tailspin coming on the west coast.

Old
10-11-2003, 07:25 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
eSabre - that avatar is absolutely priceless.

Was anyone else reminded of last year's game against St. Louis? I think they only lost 4-0, but they were outplayed so badly, I thought it was the worst game I'd ever witnessed. Until tonight.

Old
10-11-2003, 07:27 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

can someone explain his avatar to me, cuz I dont understand it. maybe im just too mad to understand right now

Old
10-11-2003, 07:36 PM
Kozak72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres22
can someone explain his avatar to me, cuz I dont understand it. maybe im just too mad to understand right now
He is supposed to go #1 in next years entry draft.

Old
10-11-2003, 11:13 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
We suck

Old
10-11-2003, 11:17 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
Five shots after one period!? Yeah, I MIGHT pay to go to a game this year so I can sit and watch the Sabres shoot once every fifteen minutes. Screw that, fire Ruff, trade everyone for draft picks in 2004 and lets just call this season off.

Closed Thread