HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

gamache

Closed Thread

Old
12-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Spooky371*

vCash: 500
It's simple.
Small Foward + speed = good connection
Small Foward slow = Bad connection

And Gamache is small and slow.

Old
12-22-2005, 08:12 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky371
It's simple.

But he has been a solid addition.

Old
12-22-2005, 10:32 AM
SneakerPimp82

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky371
It's simple.

Gamache is NOT slow. I've watched the last 4 games and he's been fast and creating chances. He's got very nice hands but hasn't been able to finish consistently, he seems to be just a half second too slow in his decision making. If he can be more decisive, and that should come with more time in the NHL, I believe half the battle would be won. The other knock on him is that he's very weak on his skates. Last night's game against Anaheim was a prime example, he worked hard, went to the front of the net and created a couple of chances, but more often than not he'd get knocked on his ***. If he could develop better strength/balance he'd be a very good winger. Blues brass should get the guy to the gym in the offseason and leave a cot for him between the leg press and squat machines, and then truck some food to him every 4 hours. Yea I avoided the requisite Tkachuk and food/fat joke in that last sentence, it took all my willpower though.

Old
01-27-2006, 07:37 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
According to reports, the Simon Gamache era in St. Louis may be near a close - the Blues have placed him on waivers.

01-28-2006, 04:20 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp82
Gamache is NOT slow. I've watched the last 4 games and he's been fast and creating chances. He's got very nice hands but hasn't been able to finish consistently, he seems to be just a half second too slow in his decision making. If he can be more decisive, and that should come with more time in the NHL, I believe half the battle would be won. The other knock on him is that he's very weak on his skates. Last night's game against Anaheim was a prime example, he worked hard, went to the front of the net and created a couple of chances, but more often than not he'd get knocked on his ***. If he could develop better strength/balance he'd be a very good winger. Blues brass should get the guy to the gym in the offseason and leave a cot for him between the leg press and squat machines, and then truck some food to him every 4 hours. Yea I avoided the requisite Tkachuk and food/fat joke in that last sentence, it took all my willpower though.
Gamache is very slow.....

And I've seen him play a ton, in drills he's always one of the slowest skaters in camp.

Old
01-28-2006, 08:42 AM
Irish Blues

Gamache doesn't have the foot speed necessary to survive in the NHL. He doesn't have the explosive 1st-step acceleration, it takes too long for him to get up to "top speed", and by that point the defense has either backed up enough to be able to shut him down, or they've already slowed him down.

It's something that *can* be overcome by hard work - but as it stands, he's got NHL-caliber skills but AHL-caliber skating, and if there's one thing that keeps a player from making it in the NHL more than anything else, it's the skating.

Old
01-28-2006, 01:02 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Preds take him back and assign him to Milwaukee, per TSN.

Old
01-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Guy Legend

What we have here is simply organizational incompetence.

A player with potential like Gamache should be playing on a team like ours, simple as that. He's young and has talent. He needs the oppourtunity to develop and prove it.

Pleau made a good move picking up, Kitchen messed it up, and now Pleau has to waive a guy he picked up earlier.

The scouting staff is the only facet of the organization I have faith in.

Good luck to Gamache in Nashville.

Old
01-28-2006, 05:27 PM
lemieux32*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Legend
What we have here is simply organizational incompetence.

A player with potential like Gamache should be playing on a team like ours, simple as that. He's young and has talent. He needs the oppourtunity to develop and prove it.

Pleau made a good move picking up, Kitchen messed it up, and now Pleau has to waive a guy he picked up earlier.

The scouting staff is the only facet of the organization I have faith in.

Good luck to Gamache in Nashville.
Guy, what proof do you have that Kitchen messed it up? Have you been involved in the whole situation? Perhaps there is more to the story then we know about a guy who has underachieved in the NHL and never come close to his potential at the pro level. Perhaps Kitchen did screw up, but without inside knowledge stating that Kitchen screwed up as if it was a fact is ludicrous.

Old
01-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux32
Guy, what proof do you have that Kitchen messed it up? Have you been involved in the whole situation? Perhaps there is more to the story then we know about a guy who has underachieved in the NHL and never come close to his potential at the pro level. Perhaps Kitchen did screw up, but without inside knowledge stating that Kitchen screwed up as if it was a fact is ludicrous.
That is kind of funny, he was putting up points when given a chance to play. I big problem is that we will soon have 5 roster spots open (Weight, Sillinger, Weinrich, McAmound, Cajanek), why not waive one Steve Proabst - if someone needed to be dumped.

Poor Mgt, IMO.

Old
01-28-2006, 08:36 PM
lemieux32*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
That is kind of funny, he was putting up points when given a chance to play. I big problem is that we will soon have 5 roster spots open (Weight, Sillinger, Weinrich, McAmound, Cajanek), why not waive one Steve Proabst - if someone needed to be dumped.

Poor Mgt, IMO.
Another person who misses the point. How do you know he hasn't cussed out the whole team or refuse to work hard at practice? You don't know the reasons behind what occured with Gamache. Putting up some points does not negate a bad teammate or someone who is bad in the room or someone who refuses to work hard.

Old
01-28-2006, 11:23 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Another person who misses the point. How do you know he hasn't cussed out the whole team or refuse to work hard at practice? You don't know the reasons behind what occured with Gamache. Putting up some points does not negate a bad teammate or someone who is bad in the room or someone who refuses to work hard.

If you know Gamache's history\work ethic\attitude\reputation...you'd feel ridiculous even suggesting that. Gamache is hard work personified, and has been a strong locker room presence everywhere he's ever played. He's a guy I've always wanted to succeed(though I don't believe he will, for reasons I've detailed above) simply because he LOVES HOCKEY, and it shows.

Old
01-29-2006, 01:43 AM
Dempsey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Putting up some points does not negate a bad teammate or someone who is bad in the room or someone who refuses to work hard.
That's nice. Too bad there's no evidence pointing to that being the case here.

Old
01-29-2006, 10:06 AM
lemieux32*

nomorekids, sorry I don't buy it. Obviously there was some issue considering he got benched before making his comments after the Colorado game. Perhaps it's not a personality issue, but an ability issue, as I said the point is nobody knows what really went on so stating something as fact is completely ludicrous. Which leads to you dempsey, you who missed the fact that I merely presented another option to think about and your comment is exactly what I am saying about people presenting it as a fact that Kitchen screwed up. Thanks for helping out.

Old
01-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
nomorekids, sorry I don't buy it. Obviously there was some issue considering he got benched before making his comments after the Colorado game. Perhaps it's not a personality issue, but an ability issue, as I said the point is nobody knows what really went on so stating something as fact is completely ludicrous. Which leads to you dempsey, you who missed the fact that I merely presented another option to think about and your comment is exactly what I am saying about people presenting it as a fact that Kitchen screwed up. Thanks for helping out.
The team played like **** at the Colorado Game. They needed to be called for the lack of effort.

While you are pointing out another option/opinion, you tend to jump at those who disagree w/ you. The fact is noone really knows - including you. So quit trying to preach.

From outside perspective, it was a poor move. THis kid put up points when given a chance, you dont bench someone who is playing well, and keep junk in the line up.

Sorry you don't get it.

Old
01-29-2006, 05:19 PM
lemieux32*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
The team played like **** at the Colorado Game. They needed to be called for the lack of effort.
What does that have to do with what I said? Nothing. It's just a convenient thing to link, without anything close to proof or even a rumor from an actual source, his comments to Kitchen being a fool.

Quote:
While you are pointing out another option/opinion, you tend to jump at those who disagree w/ you. The fact is noone really knows - including you. So quit trying to preach.
Yet I am not the one trying to say things as if they are facts like you and Kimzey have been.

Quote:
From outside perspective, it was a poor move. THis kid put up points when given a chance, you dont bench someone who is playing well, and keep junk in the line up.

Sorry you don't get it.
No, you don't get it. You, like kimzey, think that your opinions are facts and shout them as such. I merely presented other possible, very plausible , reasons for Gamache's benchings and being waived and you guys got all fired up. Sorry but that is the truth. So what it comes down to is that I have an open mind and an ability to see that there is more then one option to what occured with Gamache and you guys don't and will not even discuss otherwise. I guess I am just wasting my time not buying into your opinions that you think are facts. Sorry.

Old
01-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Irish Blues

Hopefully at some point we'll know what the real story is. Until then, we're left wondering what the real story was knowing that:

1. When Gamache was initially claimed from Nashville, Kitchen admitted that Gamache was the kind of player that wasn't going to be successful on the bottom 2 lines - that he needed to play on the top 2 lines to be successful,
2. Gamache got playing time on the top 2 lines at was 2-2-4 in the first 6 games there,
3. He then got shoved onto the 3rd and 4th lines for the next two games where (predictably) he didn't produce,
4. After a 2-assist effort against Anaheim where he saw time on those top 2 lines, Gamache was again stuck on the 3rd and 4th lines where (again, predictably) he didn't produce,
5. Kitchen then benched Gamache, citing his "lack of production",
6. After being scratched for 4 games, Gamache gets the call for 3 games, the last being in Colorado where he scored the lone goal in a 6-1 drubbing,
7. After the game, Gamache criticizes the lack of effort from the rest of the team (a fair comment considering most of the rest of the team pretty much took off the final 2 periods),
8. Kitchen then sends Gamache to the press box in favor of Aaron Downey "just to bring us some energy, try to keep our energy level up . . maybe change the momentum a little bit," and sitting Gamache because "when you have performances like we had (against the Avs), you've got to make changes. So, he was the guy that I selected to take out."

IMO something happened, because when a team plays like crap in a road loss you don't scratch the one guy who scored and one of the few guys who was actually still playing hard throughout that loss. Is it possible that Gamache has an attitude problem? Yes, it's possible; however, considering that no one else has commented on Gamache having attitude problems (from his time in juniors to his time in Atlanta to his time in Nashville) coupled with Downey getting waived immediately after having words with Kitchen over his lack of ice time, we're all left wondering who had/has the bigger attitude problem.

I'll throw in this also: from most accounts, Claude Lemieux was hated by many of his teammates wherever he went, but it never caused coaches to ship him to the press box.

Closed Thread