HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

gamache

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-21-2005, 02:49 PM
  #26
Spooky371*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,024
vCash: 500
It's simple.
Small Foward + speed = good connection
Small Foward slow = Bad connection

And Gamache is small and slow.

Spooky371* is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 08:12 AM
  #27
Frenzy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky371
It's simple.
Small Foward + speed = good connection
Small Foward slow = Bad connection

And Gamache is small and slow.

But he has been a solid addition.

Frenzy1 is offline  
Old
12-22-2005, 10:32 AM
  #28
SneakerPimp82
Registered User
 
SneakerPimp82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,653
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky371
It's simple.
Small Foward + speed = good connection
Small Foward slow = Bad connection

And Gamache is small and slow.
Gamache is NOT slow. I've watched the last 4 games and he's been fast and creating chances. He's got very nice hands but hasn't been able to finish consistently, he seems to be just a half second too slow in his decision making. If he can be more decisive, and that should come with more time in the NHL, I believe half the battle would be won. The other knock on him is that he's very weak on his skates. Last night's game against Anaheim was a prime example, he worked hard, went to the front of the net and created a couple of chances, but more often than not he'd get knocked on his ***. If he could develop better strength/balance he'd be a very good winger. Blues brass should get the guy to the gym in the offseason and leave a cot for him between the leg press and squat machines, and then truck some food to him every 4 hours. Yea I avoided the requisite Tkachuk and food/fat joke in that last sentence, it took all my willpower though.

SneakerPimp82 is offline  
Old
01-27-2006, 07:37 PM
  #29
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
According to reports, the Simon Gamache era in St. Louis may be near a close - the Blues have placed him on waivers.

__________________
No promises this time.
Irish Blues is offline  
Old
01-28-2006, 04:20 AM
  #30
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp82
Gamache is NOT slow. I've watched the last 4 games and he's been fast and creating chances. He's got very nice hands but hasn't been able to finish consistently, he seems to be just a half second too slow in his decision making. If he can be more decisive, and that should come with more time in the NHL, I believe half the battle would be won. The other knock on him is that he's very weak on his skates. Last night's game against Anaheim was a prime example, he worked hard, went to the front of the net and created a couple of chances, but more often than not he'd get knocked on his ***. If he could develop better strength/balance he'd be a very good winger. Blues brass should get the guy to the gym in the offseason and leave a cot for him between the leg press and squat machines, and then truck some food to him every 4 hours. Yea I avoided the requisite Tkachuk and food/fat joke in that last sentence, it took all my willpower though.
Gamache is very slow.....

And I've seen him play a ton, in drills he's always one of the slowest skaters in camp.

triggrman is offline  
Old
01-28-2006, 08:42 AM
  #31
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
Gamache doesn't have the foot speed necessary to survive in the NHL. He doesn't have the explosive 1st-step acceleration, it takes too long for him to get up to "top speed", and by that point the defense has either backed up enough to be able to shut him down, or they've already slowed him down.

It's something that *can* be overcome by hard work - but as it stands, he's got NHL-caliber skills but AHL-caliber skating, and if there's one thing that keeps a player from making it in the NHL more than anything else, it's the skating.

Irish Blues is offline  
Old
01-28-2006, 01:02 PM
  #32
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,040
vCash: 500
Preds take him back and assign him to Milwaukee, per TSN.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
01-28-2006, 05:19 PM
  #33
Guy Legend
Registered User
 
Guy Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
What we have here is simply organizational incompetence.

A player with potential like Gamache should be playing on a team like ours, simple as that. He's young and has talent. He needs the oppourtunity to develop and prove it.

Pleau made a good move picking up, Kitchen messed it up, and now Pleau has to waive a guy he picked up earlier.

The scouting staff is the only facet of the organization I have faith in.

Good luck to Gamache in Nashville.

Guy Legend is offline  
Old
01-28-2006, 05:27 PM
  #34
lemieux32*
 
lemieux32*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Legend
What we have here is simply organizational incompetence.

A player with potential like Gamache should be playing on a team like ours, simple as that. He's young and has talent. He needs the oppourtunity to develop and prove it.

Pleau made a good move picking up, Kitchen messed it up, and now Pleau has to waive a guy he picked up earlier.

The scouting staff is the only facet of the organization I have faith in.

Good luck to Gamache in Nashville.
Guy, what proof do you have that Kitchen messed it up? Have you been involved in the whole situation? Perhaps there is more to the story then we know about a guy who has underachieved in the NHL and never come close to his potential at the pro level. Perhaps Kitchen did screw up, but without inside knowledge stating that Kitchen screwed up as if it was a fact is ludicrous.

lemieux32* is offline  
Old
01-28-2006, 06:24 PM
  #35
Frenzy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux32
Guy, what proof do you have that Kitchen messed it up? Have you been involved in the whole situation? Perhaps there is more to the story then we know about a guy who has underachieved in the NHL and never come close to his potential at the pro level. Perhaps Kitchen did screw up, but without inside knowledge stating that Kitchen screwed up as if it was a fact is ludicrous.
That is kind of funny, he was putting up points when given a chance to play. I big problem is that we will soon have 5 roster spots open (Weight, Sillinger, Weinrich, McAmound, Cajanek), why not waive one Steve Proabst - if someone needed to be dumped.

Poor Mgt, IMO.

Frenzy1 is offline  
Old
01-28-2006, 08:36 PM
  #36
lemieux32*
 
lemieux32*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
That is kind of funny, he was putting up points when given a chance to play. I big problem is that we will soon have 5 roster spots open (Weight, Sillinger, Weinrich, McAmound, Cajanek), why not waive one Steve Proabst - if someone needed to be dumped.

Poor Mgt, IMO.
Another person who misses the point. How do you know he hasn't cussed out the whole team or refuse to work hard at practice? You don't know the reasons behind what occured with Gamache. Putting up some points does not negate a bad teammate or someone who is bad in the room or someone who refuses to work hard.

lemieux32* is offline  
Old
01-28-2006, 11:23 PM
  #37
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux32
Another person who misses the point. How do you know he hasn't cussed out the whole team or refuse to work hard at practice? You don't know the reasons behind what occured with Gamache. Putting up some points does not negate a bad teammate or someone who is bad in the room or someone who refuses to work hard.

If you know Gamache's history\work ethic\attitude\reputation...you'd feel ridiculous even suggesting that. Gamache is hard work personified, and has been a strong locker room presence everywhere he's ever played. He's a guy I've always wanted to succeed(though I don't believe he will, for reasons I've detailed above) simply because he LOVES HOCKEY, and it shows.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 01:43 AM
  #38
Dempsey
Registered User
 
Dempsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,098
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux32
Putting up some points does not negate a bad teammate or someone who is bad in the room or someone who refuses to work hard.
That's nice. Too bad there's no evidence pointing to that being the case here.

Dempsey is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 10:06 AM
  #39
lemieux32*
 
lemieux32*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
nomorekids, sorry I don't buy it. Obviously there was some issue considering he got benched before making his comments after the Colorado game. Perhaps it's not a personality issue, but an ability issue, as I said the point is nobody knows what really went on so stating something as fact is completely ludicrous. Which leads to you dempsey, you who missed the fact that I merely presented another option to think about and your comment is exactly what I am saying about people presenting it as a fact that Kitchen screwed up. Thanks for helping out.

lemieux32* is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 12:44 PM
  #40
Frenzy1
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux32
nomorekids, sorry I don't buy it. Obviously there was some issue considering he got benched before making his comments after the Colorado game. Perhaps it's not a personality issue, but an ability issue, as I said the point is nobody knows what really went on so stating something as fact is completely ludicrous. Which leads to you dempsey, you who missed the fact that I merely presented another option to think about and your comment is exactly what I am saying about people presenting it as a fact that Kitchen screwed up. Thanks for helping out.
The team played like **** at the Colorado Game. They needed to be called for the lack of effort.

While you are pointing out another option/opinion, you tend to jump at those who disagree w/ you. The fact is noone really knows - including you. So quit trying to preach.

From outside perspective, it was a poor move. THis kid put up points when given a chance, you dont bench someone who is playing well, and keep junk in the line up.

Sorry you don't get it.

Frenzy1 is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 05:19 PM
  #41
lemieux32*
 
lemieux32*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 1,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
The team played like **** at the Colorado Game. They needed to be called for the lack of effort.
What does that have to do with what I said? Nothing. It's just a convenient thing to link, without anything close to proof or even a rumor from an actual source, his comments to Kitchen being a fool.

Quote:
While you are pointing out another option/opinion, you tend to jump at those who disagree w/ you. The fact is noone really knows - including you. So quit trying to preach.
Yet I am not the one trying to say things as if they are facts like you and Kimzey have been.

Quote:
From outside perspective, it was a poor move. THis kid put up points when given a chance, you dont bench someone who is playing well, and keep junk in the line up.

Sorry you don't get it.
No, you don't get it. You, like kimzey, think that your opinions are facts and shout them as such. I merely presented other possible, very plausible , reasons for Gamache's benchings and being waived and you guys got all fired up. Sorry but that is the truth. So what it comes down to is that I have an open mind and an ability to see that there is more then one option to what occured with Gamache and you guys don't and will not even discuss otherwise. I guess I am just wasting my time not buying into your opinions that you think are facts. Sorry.

lemieux32* is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 05:45 PM
  #42
Irish Blues
____________________
 
Irish Blues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: St Helena
Posts: 21,804
vCash: 91
Hopefully at some point we'll know what the real story is. Until then, we're left wondering what the real story was knowing that:

1. When Gamache was initially claimed from Nashville, Kitchen admitted that Gamache was the kind of player that wasn't going to be successful on the bottom 2 lines - that he needed to play on the top 2 lines to be successful,
2. Gamache got playing time on the top 2 lines at was 2-2-4 in the first 6 games there,
3. He then got shoved onto the 3rd and 4th lines for the next two games where (predictably) he didn't produce,
4. After a 2-assist effort against Anaheim where he saw time on those top 2 lines, Gamache was again stuck on the 3rd and 4th lines where (again, predictably) he didn't produce,
5. Kitchen then benched Gamache, citing his "lack of production",
6. After being scratched for 4 games, Gamache gets the call for 3 games, the last being in Colorado where he scored the lone goal in a 6-1 drubbing,
7. After the game, Gamache criticizes the lack of effort from the rest of the team (a fair comment considering most of the rest of the team pretty much took off the final 2 periods),
8. Kitchen then sends Gamache to the press box in favor of Aaron Downey "just to bring us some energy, try to keep our energy level up . . maybe change the momentum a little bit," and sitting Gamache because "when you have performances like we had (against the Avs), you've got to make changes. So, he was the guy that I selected to take out."

IMO something happened, because when a team plays like crap in a road loss you don't scratch the one guy who scored and one of the few guys who was actually still playing hard throughout that loss. Is it possible that Gamache has an attitude problem? Yes, it's possible; however, considering that no one else has commented on Gamache having attitude problems (from his time in juniors to his time in Atlanta to his time in Nashville) coupled with Downey getting waived immediately after having words with Kitchen over his lack of ice time, we're all left wondering who had/has the bigger attitude problem.

I'll throw in this also: from most accounts, Claude Lemieux was hated by many of his teammates wherever he went, but it never caused coaches to ship him to the press box.

Irish Blues is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.