HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lets not forget one thing

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2003, 01:20 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Lets not forget one thing

The Rangers are not playing with there best player. Leetch would make a differance on the power play and they probably would have won easily friday night. come on guys its only two games. dont lose hope yet!!!

Old
10-13-2003, 01:24 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

So you're saying Leetch would have prevented most of the 10 goals scored on Markannen/Dunham?

Sad when a team with a payroll this large is still so reliant on ONE PLAYER.

Old
10-13-2003, 01:24 PM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
The Rangers are not playing with there best player. Leetch would make a differance on the power play and they probably would have won easily friday night. come on guys its only two games. dont lose hope yet!!!
Won easily??

PP didn't kill them (although it should have) lack of emotion and turnovers all over the place did.. Leetch could NOT have turned the tide in that game..

Only two games???

How 'bout SIX years

Minnesota didn't seem to have an issue without their TWO best players (if Dupius counts)..

Add Leetch and Gaborik, 7-5 loss instead..

Old
10-13-2003, 01:30 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
Won easily??

PP didn't kill them (although it should have) lack of emotion and turnovers all over the place did.. Leetch could NOT have turned the tide in that game..

Only two games???

How 'bout SIX years

Minnesota didn't seem to have an issue without their TWO best players (if Dupius counts)..

Add Leetch and Gaborik, 7-5 loss instead..
dude its not 6 years its two games. who cares what has happened in the past. jesus with comments like this it proves sathers point about the fans. this is a new year. if you want to jump off the bandwagon after two games go right ahead. ill be waiting for you to jump back on when the team is doing well. leetch wouldnt have made a differance in columbus but he would have with the 8 power plays in minnesota. thats my point.

Old
10-13-2003, 01:44 PM
Barnaby

At least we have the Yankees!!!

Old
10-13-2003, 01:44 PM
Fletch

Remember...

over the last 6+ seasons, in which most of the Rangers' games ended up in losses, Leetch mostly played nearly 30 minutes per game. So, Leetch most likely would not have been a difference, IMO.

Old
10-13-2003, 01:58 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Leetch helps this team considerably enough that you don't know how that Minnesota game ends up. I'm sure he would be playing instead of Poti at certain times and not be responsible for 3 goals.

Old
10-13-2003, 02:40 PM
Davisian

Quote:
dude its not 6 years its two games. who cares what has happened in the past. jesus with comments like this it proves sathers point about the fans. this is a new year. if you want to jump off the bandwagon after two games go right ahead. ill be waiting for you to jump back on when the team is doing well. leetch wouldnt have made a differance in columbus but he would have with the 8 power plays in minnesota. thats my point.
It might all be "past" but when the last two games look JUST like the last six years, it's called a TREND..

Comments like that "prove Sather's point?" What point was that???

That fans shouldn't boo because it "doesn't help?"" ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

Yes, this is a new year.. I can't wait for the players to figure that out.. I guess they're just waiting for the fans to be nice..

And SAVE IT with the "bandwagon" crap.. From you to Melnyk and everyone in between on the "optimism spectro-analyzer" there aren't any "bandwagon" fans here.. You see, they show up when the team wins (insert six year comment here)..

Being a fan doesn't mean you turn your blinders on and think "if I just cheer more, they might start to win.."

They'll start to win when they actually change what they're doing wrong, and actually care enough to do it.. Not a minute sooner, whether I "jump back on" or not..

And as far as Leetch, that's still sad.. That he's actually NEEDED for EIGHT power plays.. Especially considering that Kovalev and Poti were manning the points for the most part of them.. It's not like Driver and Karpa were back there.. And once again, if you want to play "what if" then you have to factor in Gaborik's absence.. That's my point..

Old
10-13-2003, 03:05 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
It might all be "past" but when the last two games look JUST like the last six years, it's called a TREND..

Yes, this is a new year.. I can't wait for the players to figure that out.. I guess they're just waiting for the fans to be nice..

And SAVE IT with the "bandwagon" crap.. From you to Melnyk and everyone in between on the "optimism spectro-analyzer" there aren't any "bandwagon" fans here.. You see, they show up when the team wins (insert six year comment here)..

Being a fan doesn't mean you turn your blinders on and think "if I just cheer more, they might start to win.."

They'll start to win when they actually change what they're doing wrong, and actually care enough to do it.. Not a minute sooner, whether I "jump back on" or not..

And as far as Leetch, that's still sad.. That he's actually NEEDED for EIGHT power plays.. Especially considering that Kovalev and Poti were manning the points for the most part of them.. It's not like Driver and Karpa were back there.. And once again, if you want to play "what if" then you have to factor in Gaborik's absence.. That's my point..

just to add another point, this isn't the 62 ny mets, this is a team that consistantly finds ways to reach new lows! with the talent they have they should kill teams like columbus and etc. the problem is, this isn't ea sports! they need to show up every game and play as if it were thier last! if teams with a lot less talent and payroll show you is, money means nothing! it's heart and that is something the rangers sorely lack!

Old
10-13-2003, 03:07 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

[QUOTE=Davisian]It might all be "past" but when the last two games look JUST like the last six years, it's called a TREND..

thats bullspit and you know it. what doe rich brenan johan linbom mattius winhandl paval brendl tim sweeney and countless others have to do with the 2003-2004 season? nothing the calander has changed and there best player isnt playing

that rangers fans are fair-weather fans. you have done a nice job of that

Booing is a fine way to tell your team your not happy. but what does it prove? it had nothint to do with nedveds great year last year after being booed unfairly the year before (2001-2002 season)

hey buddy Rome wasnt built in a day. Again the best player wasnt it the lineup. your telling me leetch would have made no differance on the powerplay and with his outlet passes?

there are fans that post on these boards (melnyk in particular) that will only find negatives with the on ice product but not look at the big picture. Sather inherited a baran organization and has rebuilt the system in three years. Lampman tjutin jessiman blackburn to name a few

look im not happy with they way things have gone but you cant judge these rangers after two games. (it must have been nice of you to judge them after the carolina opener last season

the rangers are trying to change what they are doing. but it takes time to learn a new system. have patience with this team and dont judge them on the past six years its not fair. you might as well not watch any games

And as far as Leetch, that's still sad.. That he's actually NEEDED for EIGHT power plays.. Especially considering that Kovalev and Poti were manning the points for the most part of them.. It's not like Driver and Karpa were back there.. And once again, if you want to play "what if" then you have to factor in Gaborik's absence.. That's my point..[

why is it sad leetch is there best player. and yes he was NEEDED for the eight powerplays. having leetch on kovalav on your first powerplay unit is better than poti and kovalev. Great lets factor in gaboriks absence. i still think the rangers win with leetch in the lineup if they had 8 powerplays.

Old
10-13-2003, 03:34 PM
Davisian

"thats bullspit and you know it. what doe rich brenan johan linbom mattius winhandl paval brendl tim sweeney and countless others have to do with the 2003-2004 season? nothing the calander has changed and there best player isnt playing"

A trend is bullspit?? That the talent has been "upgraded" from Brendl, Sweeny and "countless others" but the results are still the same?? Many teams don't need their best player to at least look like they're interested in the game.. Most teams find a way to play harder, and tighten up defensively without "him" actually..

"that rangers fans are fair-weather fans. you have done a nice job of that"

Yes, it's obvious I'm only here when things go well.. (you may want to look up "fair weather fan" sometime..)

"Booing is a fine way to tell your team your not happy. but what does it prove? it had nothint to do with nedveds great year last year after being booed unfairly the year before (2001-2002 season)"

If you remember, or as you can be told (don't know if you were around then) I thought Nedved's booing was completely undeserved..
But booing does prove to the bosses (some get it quicker than others) that things aren't working and its time for a change.. Also a good way to "prove" that you just shelled out hard earned bucks for an awful production..

"hey buddy Rome wasnt built in a day. Again the best player wasnt it the lineup. your telling me leetch would have made no differance on the powerplay and with his outlet passes?"

i'd have to check, but I'd bet Rome came a lot farther in SIX YEARS than the Rangers.. Yes, Leetch would have made some difference.. Just not in the result.. He can't win games by himself..

"there are fans that post on these boards (melnyk in particular) that will only find negatives with the on ice product but not look at the big picture. Sather inherited a baran organization and has rebuilt the system in three years. Lampman tjutin jessiman blackburn to name a few"

You're going to have to remind us all what ANY of the positives for the ON ICE product has been, because if you look again, the big picture is about not getting any better in 6 years.."

He hasn't rebuilt a thing.. It's the same "got a couple of decent prospects, but ZERO prospect depth" that it was when he came in..

"look im not happy with they way things have gone but you cant judge these rangers after two games. (it must have been nice of you to judge them after the carolina opener last season"

Yes, YOU CAN judge after two games, especially when they look like the same disinterested group, and all we've heard (read HEARD, not SEEN) was about accountability..

"the rangers are trying to change what they are doing. but it takes time to learn a new system. have patience with this team and dont judge them on the past six years its not fair. you might as well not watch any games"

Learning a new system does not give ANY team an excuse to look lazy, uninterested, undisciplined and unfocused.. I could forgive two losses to start if they played hard, and just got beat.. They've mailed it in for the first two games and you know it..

"why is it sad leetch is there best player. and yes he was NEEDED for the eight powerplays. having leetch on kovalav on your first powerplay unit is better than poti and kovalev. Great lets factor in gaboriks absence. i still think the rangers win with leetch in the lineup if they had 8 powerplays."

So the Rangers as is, can't score on EIGHT power plays, but all that was lacking was Leetch?? I love the guy, but he still SHOULD not be the difference on the ability to score on EIGHT power plays.. And love how you dismiss Gaborik as having minimal effect, but Leetch would dominate..

Old
10-13-2003, 03:52 PM
JCProdigy

Quote:
...the "optimism spectro-analyzer" there..

Where can I get myself one of those!?!?

Old
10-13-2003, 07:01 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Way to go Davisian!!!!

Old
10-13-2003, 08:04 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:

In 6 years the only thing that has changed is the names & numbers on the back of the jersey's.

Old
10-13-2003, 08:06 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
In 6 years the only thing that has changed is the names & numbers on the back of the jersey's.

But not those damn drawstrings!!!!! :mad:

10-14-2003, 01:17 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Where do I sign up to be a Rag Fairweather Fan?

My credentials:
1956-2003 and ONE ****ING STANLEY CUP.

Old
10-14-2003, 01:54 AM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Quote:
I don't usually chime in on the "fair-weather fan" topics and what not, but reading this thread got me going...

Being in ND, the only Ranger games I get to see are when they are on espn/espn2 or when they play the Wild. So I was watching the game on friday with a Wild fan and when the Rangers made it 3-1, he reached for another beer and said "uugh...gonna be a long night". I said "man, I guarantee you that at some point in this game, the score will be 3-3". he laughed it off, but sure enough, it was I that was reaching for the cooler at the end of the 2nd.

My point is that, Yes, this team ain't looking so good right now, with or without Leetch. But the whole reason for being a "fan" is to cheer it on when it's winning and criticize it when it's losing.

You guys can go back and forth all you want about being "fair-weather fans" or "die-hards", but the way I see it, if you take the time to sit in front of your computer for however long it takes you to type out these posts, then at some level, you care enough about this team to make people see your points.

As for me, I haven't jumped off the bandwagon, nor was I ever really on it. Let's just say I'm being dragged along behind it like Indiana Jones in "Raiders"

Old
10-14-2003, 05:42 AM
Larry Melnyk

DAVISIAN - Hey Bud, thanks a million for bringing my fine name into this fracas......Even when I don't say anything, I get Jar Head mad at me...But hey, that's a good thing!

As for me not looking at the big picture, that's where the bull spit is...It's Sather's Frankenstein monster of a team full of rotting, decaying mis-matched parts that bugs the crap out of me...Like many teams in the NHL who are playing teen agers and youngsters out the ying yang, I want Sather playing youngsters, developing them, building for the future with the few decent prospects we have...I don't care if they make mistakes and loose while building for the future, but stinking out the joint with an all veteran line-up that was handed jobs is too much to take....With this team, I really don't care much aboout the season except for finding a way to get rid of the existing garbage, letting kids play and learn, and somehow adding to the meagher prospect base that Sather has put together and plan for the future.....Damn, Davisian, see what you made me do?

Old
10-14-2003, 06:00 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Sather inherited a baran organization
Did it ever occur to you that the 2 teams that handed the Rangers their ass last week have only been in the league as long as Sather's been GM of this organization? Are you trying to tell me that they had more to work with over the past 3 years than Sather?

Honestly Jar Jar, if you're not personally offended by the Rangers performance thus far this season, I question just how much of a fan YOU are.

Old
10-14-2003, 06:03 AM
Larry Melnyk

Davisian - BTW, I was just busting your hump up above...

Old
10-14-2003, 06:13 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Davisian - BTW, I was just busting your hump up above...
C'mon now, you know you don't have to es-plain anything to me!!

I just had to bring you into the fray.. What's a discussion on the "dark cloud" without our resident "storm tracker"??!!!

Old
10-14-2003, 06:44 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
C'mon now, you know you don't have to es-plain anything to me!!

I just had to bring you into the fray.. What's a discussion on the "dark cloud" without our resident "storm tracker"??!!!
I actually took it as a compliment......But SOMETIMES I know come across as an ass even when I don't want to! (And no comments from the peanut gallery! )

Old
10-14-2003, 06:48 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
I actually took it as a compliment......But SOMETIMES I know come across as an ass even when I don't want to! (And no comments from the peanut gallery!
With aneirin gone, someone has to fill the "ass" void!!!!

(taking a shot at him now, to see if it gets him back into the fray!!)

Old
10-14-2003, 06:59 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger
As for me, I haven't jumped off the bandwagon, nor was I ever really on it. Let's just say I'm being dragged along behind it like Indiana Jones in "Raiders"

Old
10-14-2003, 07:15 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
With aneirin gone, someone has to fill the "ass" void!!!!

(taking a shot at him now, to see if it gets him back into the fray!!)

There you go again, using me for your own ulterior motives....Now, I'll have both ANerin and Jar Jar after me..And I'm sure I'll anger JR#9 in the near future....JUst kidding...

Closed Thread