HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Lets not forget one thing

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 07:01 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
..And I'm sure I'll anger JR#9 in the near future....JUst kidding...
What do you mean near future, my anger towards you is continuous!

Old
10-14-2003, 07:15 AM
OldBlueshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
But not those damn drawstrings!!!!! :mad:
I think someone recently mentioned that we haven't made the playoffs since those drawstrings became standard issue.

Old
10-14-2003, 09:29 AM
Shadowtron

You know, rocket science takes time to learn. This much heralded, problem solving "System" should have been adhered to in the first week of camp and perfected over the span of preseason. By the time this team took to the ice against the Wild there should have been no doubt about what has to be done. We're talking about a hard fought one goal game here. We're not talking about a loss where we walk away still proud of our team's effort. These games were disgusting examples of the fat cat, over age, heartless, gutless team that Dolan, with the help of Sather, has put together. No decently run team would have allowed its product to wallow in disinterest for six effin' years. The rickety ship would have been dismantled and replaced with fresh, new parts. Young player are brought in that actually have something to work for. If they screw up it's back to the farm or the millhouse, not the mansion in Westchester, or the posh apartment in Manhattan's Upper East Side.
You can call the fans bandwagoners or fair-weathered, it doesn't change the fact that only 2 or 3 actually drafted Rangers take to the ice each night. And one of those draftees actually had to learn his craft on another team before being leeched back into stagnant waters. It doesn't change the fact that this team routinely fails to show up with their "A" game. A fresh season, already down 2 games, doesn't erase the specter of the last 6 seasons. 2 losses is a situation, six years is a trend. This is the Rangers legacy.

Old
10-14-2003, 10:39 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBlueshirt
I think someone recently mentioned that we haven't made the playoffs since those drawstrings became standard issue.
Coincidence? I think not. :p

Davisian and I have been long time drawstring haters.

10-14-2003, 11:07 AM
OldBlueshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Coincidence? I think not. :p

Davisian and I have been long time drawstring haters.
Yes, as well as a safety hazard for the young fans.

Old
10-14-2003, 02:52 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

an optomistic rangers fan is few and far between. But if nobody here can see the Rangers as an organization have improved under sather your blind. Neil Smith left this team with almost nothing. Sather has restocked the team.

Old
10-14-2003, 07:36 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
an optomistic rangers fan is few and far between. But if nobody here can see the Rangers as an organization have improved under sather your blind. Neil Smith left this team with almost nothing. Sather has restocked the team.
If you are referring to the farm system, then why has Sather never relied on it? The only "prospect" he gave a solid chance to is Blackburn and he showed he was not ready for the job when he was most needed. Sather fills every "hole" with a free agent or a waiver wire pickup. Every other team integrates young players into their lineup every season, we pick up more veterans.

I must be blind.

Old
10-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:

Old
10-15-2003, 03:49 AM
True Blue

Quote:
But if nobody here can see the Rangers as an organization have improved under sather your blind. Neil Smith left this team with almost nothing. Sather has restocked the team.
Can you please explain how Jackass has restocked the team? Are you telling me that in this being Sather's 4th year with the team, that he has not been able to draft just one player (besides Blackburn) who can help this team or who would not be better than some of the UFA's or waiver pick-ups that he loves so much? How has Sather made the organization better? We were a joke under Smith, but at least he had something to show for his tenure. What has Sather done but made us an even bigger, more expensive joke? How has he made the organization better since he took over?

Old
10-15-2003, 05:04 AM
kazo

Quote:
Please tell us this post was made with a high degree of sarcasm.

Closed Thread