HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who's The Starter vrs Detroit

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2003, 09:08 PM
hackey
You're Not Bored...

vCash: 500
Who's The Starter vrs Detroit

My guess would be Cloutier. Clouts laid a bit of an egg against COL so believe Crow will give him a chance to redeem himself.

Old
10-13-2003, 09:10 PM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
They'll go with Cloutier.

Old
10-13-2003, 09:57 PM
MVP

i think it is best to go with Cloutier in a lot of levels.

If Cloutier plays well, it would maintain the high competitive battle between Johan and him for the time being.

If Cloutier performs poorly, and Johan plays very well against the Wild than let Johan plays against Buffalo and see if he can continue.

Old
10-13-2003, 10:49 PM
PhillyNucksFan

Cloutier, simply to show so-called " team confidence " in him against an elite team.

If Cloutier does poor, Hedberg will get the next 2 starts...

Cloutier would want to bounce back against an elite team like Det!! I expect a much better game from him.

Cant wait!

Old
10-13-2003, 11:17 PM
cyrisweb

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyNucksFan
Cloutier, simply to show so-called " team confidence " in him against an elite team.

If Cloutier does poor, Hedberg will get the next 2 starts...
I agree, it's the best choice lets see if he can rebound.

Old
10-13-2003, 11:34 PM
orcatown

As I expressed elsewhere I'm way past the point of coddling Cloutier. Crawford should go with the player he thinks can win the game. If Cloutier goes into a funk because Hedburg plays then he is no good to us anyway. Its totally Cloutier's reponsibility to develop and maintain his own focus and competitive readiness. For crying out loud we're talking about the NHL here not some batumn team down at the local rink.

One thing also. If Cloutier ever again brings up the garbage about Vancouver being goalie graveyard or a lack of support by Canuck fans he should bounced out of this town. If he needs that crutch to explain poor play then we'll clearly see why there is such a lack of respect for him throughout the League.

Old
10-14-2003, 12:49 AM
Nalyd Psycho

I kinda think Cloutier should play as a sort of last chance. If he fails to rebound and then hedburg takes the ball and runs with it. Hedburg is the starter. If he rebounds, then, we still have to solid but unspectacular goalies to split starts between.

10-14-2003, 03:59 AM
tantalum

Early in the season is the best time to lay down the law. Crow should send a quick reminder to Cloutier that such behaviour in those circumstances will no longer be tolerated. You start Hedberg. Remember Cloutier is "supposed" to be such a great competitor and mentally tough that such a lesson shouldn't affect him. If it does we have the evidence that he isn't the go to guy. If it doesn't perhaps I've misjudged him.

Quite honestly as the coaching staff the next two games are going to be split between the goaltenders anyways. In that case I'd prefer throw Cloutier in against the team he awful was against in games 5-7 after being sat down to see how he responds. If you're going to test his mental toughness let's throw him to the team that ate him up in the postseason and appeal to his pride by sitting him against a premiere team.

Old
10-14-2003, 06:20 AM
Peter

vCash: 50
From where I sat and watched Cloutier did not play all that badly. Yes he took a needless, costly penalty and went out of the game mentally for about 6 minutes BUT he came on strong at the end of the game. That said, Cloutier should and will get the nod in Detroit.

A better question is does Keane or Rutuu or King play next game? IMO the Canucks shot themselves in the foot offensively by sitting King and putting in Rutuu/Keane/May. They had a great #2 line finally going with the Sedin boys and King. Why switch it??

Old
10-14-2003, 06:38 AM
Rageinthecage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalum
Early in the season is the best time to lay down the law. Crow should send a quick reminder to Cloutier that such behaviour in those circumstances will no longer be tolerated. You start Hedberg. Remember Cloutier is "supposed" to be such a great competitor and mentally tough that such a lesson shouldn't affect him. If it does we have the evidence that he isn't the go to guy. If it doesn't perhaps I've misjudged him.

Quite honestly as the coaching staff the next two games are going to be split between the goaltenders anyways. In that case I'd prefer throw Cloutier in against the team he awful was against in games 5-7 after being sat down to see how he responds. If you're going to test his mental toughness let's throw him to the team that ate him up in the postseason and appeal to his pride by sitting him against a premiere team.

Hedberg should be the one starting vs. the Wings for all the reasons you state above. Agreed.

Who will Crawford start on Thursday however? Cloutier.

I don't want a goalie controversy this early either. But if Crawford is going to be a consistent coach and sit out players for their stupid mistakes, Cloutier can't be exempt from this standard. Sit his ass on the bench, and perhaps he comes back with a shutout against the Wild (okay I'll take off my rose coloured glasses now ).

Old
10-14-2003, 06:41 AM
Blane Youngblood

I think Cloutier shoud start, not because we want to coddle him but because we want to give him a chance to prove himself. Everyone makes mistakes, its whether they can bounce back from them or not that makes the difference.

Old
10-14-2003, 08:02 AM
canucksfan

vCash: 990
Cloutier

Old
10-14-2003, 08:39 AM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
From where I sat and watched Cloutier did not play all that badly. Yes he took a needless, costly penalty and went out of the game mentally for about 6 minutes BUT he came on strong at the end of the game. That said, Cloutier should and will get the nod in Detroit.

A better question is does Keane or Rutuu or King play next game? IMO the Canucks shot themselves in the foot offensively by sitting King and putting in Rutuu/Keane/May. They had a great #2 line finally going with the Sedin boys and King. Why switch it??
I can't for the life of me figure out why Crow would sit King either. Obviously he had his reasons and as fans we don't know everything that goes on with the team. Maybe King wasn't feeling well, or has a bruise or something and Crow wanted to rest him for the Detroit game.

King did make a nice second intermission guest though; such a well spoken young man. He didn't score any goals against the Jackets but he scored a nice Cross Ion pen.

He better be in the lineup next game.

Edit: Cloutier should start... he needs to redeem himself imo.

Closed Thread