HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ryder For Da Calder ?

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Dynasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
He's played 2 NHL games and people have him as first line material and winning trophies. I Luv the kid already, but let's have a realistic look at Ryder.

In my mind Ryder's upside is a very good third liner with an outside shot at being a good (but not excellent) 2nd line RW. In a perfect world, I consider Zednik to be a 2nd line RW, who here thinks Ryder as more upside than Zednik ? I sure as hell don't. And if you don't as well, why pin Ryder first line material (or even second line material) ?

Now if you consider that every rookie as a chance at the clader, then yes Ryder does have a chance to win it. But in the real world things are not so simple. At best, I think Ryder as a marginal chance at winning the calder. To tell you the truth, just making it to the ballot would be a MAJOR accomplishment and I'm not even expecting that much. Hainsey got a much better chance to make the ballot (but still very slim).

A lot of people are counting their chicken before they've hatched over here.

I don't see Ryder becoming more than what McPhee, Keane or Skrudland were for us in the past. A good role player that is gonna see 1st line duty given circumstances rather than pure talent. These guys didn't win the Calder ...
Well Mr. Orange man, while I respect your opinion let's just say that you are not even in the ball park with these comments...It's very obvious to anyone who has seen Ryder play that you know nothing about the guy!!

Old
10-14-2003, 01:46 PM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty
Well Mr. Orange man, while I respect your opinion let's just say that you are not even in the ball park with these comments...It's very obvious to anyone who has seen Ryder play that you know nothing about the guy!!
N'importe quoi ! That's got to be the funniest thing I read all day ! Not only are you able to tell me what I know and don't know, but I bet you'd be able to tell me what I hate for breakfast reading only a few more of my posts !

Old
10-14-2003, 02:04 PM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
N'importe quoi ! That's got to be the funniest thing I read all day ! Not only are you able to tell me what I know and don't know, but I bet you'd be able to tell me what I hate for breakfast reading only a few more of my posts !

What can I say???...Your reaction confirms my comments about you!!!...You sound like a pretty insecure person to me...well let me make you feel a little more insecure...How are you going to handle it when Ryder plays on the first line with a full roster (i.e. no injuries!).

Old
10-14-2003, 05:53 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois
A quick point to ponder.

Bob McKenzie on this board previously posted that Michael Ryder was his choice in a rookie pool.
McKenzie has also stated on TSN that Ryder will score at the NHL level the way he did in Junior and in the Minors.

No one believed in this kid, but Julien always did and now Ryder has proven he can be an NHLer much like he proved he could play Junior and Minor Pro, way to go Ryder I've been there for you since day one and I'll back you till the end, keep making us proud and keep playing your style of game!

Old
10-14-2003, 06:21 PM
HABitual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricolore#20
Ryder looked like a force against the Leafs....

My only problem with the guy is his number. 73?!!? what is that?
Yeah what's with that? Having a player with a high jersey number is crazy! Why did they ever give Wayne Gretzky #99?!

Old
10-14-2003, 06:33 PM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
When you have sooooo many retired jersey's your choice is limited, plus I believe your assigned a number in Montreal, not asked what you want (rookies and young players only, Vets and traded players excepted). Ryder wore 26 in Hamilton last season, too bad he didn't have that # because my all time favourite Mats Naslund wore that number.
Well i thought that Higgins wore #18 in college and #18 is not taken right now (and was not for a looong time for some reason) so why can"t he have it???

I mean Komisarek was (and still is) a rookie last year and he took #8 which is a low #.....

Old
10-14-2003, 07:10 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy
Well i thought that Higgins wore #18 in college and #18 is not taken right now (and was not for a looong time for some reason) so why can"t he have it???

I mean Komisarek was (and still is) a rookie last year and he took #8 which is a low #.....

Komisarek was drafted 7th overall in an extremelly talented draft year, they give Komi a little gift, his own number as a rookie. other players... even Hainsey didnt receive his number.. even Ribeiro.. loads of players wont receive their number.

Old
10-15-2003, 08:44 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulis
What you guys think about it? Personally, I think he has a very good shot at winning it, but he'll have to keep the pace.

(Thiz iz my first post, BTW)

Give it a Break!!!!!!...All that matters is that Ryder consistently plays great hockey leading Montreal into the playoffs!!

Closed Thread