HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**OFFICIAL** GDT 11/30 - Kings @ Blackhawks

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2005, 12:30 AM
kingbrath

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
I'd go for Souray or Langenbrunner. Either or both would be good additions.

Yes but there is nothing wrong with this team in DT's mind. So we will just have to sit and watch our team struggle while Dave gives contract extensions to the brilliant mind behind our PP.

Old
12-01-2005, 12:31 AM
swinginutter*

The biggest move to make in the next week or so, is to fire Van Pap Smear. Somebody needs to give this guy a shaking, because players are not responding.

Bob Miller was losing it tonight too. He taunted our PP, and was frustrated with Avery's penalty. You could hear it in his voice.

Old
12-01-2005, 12:31 AM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
How about we just tell devils to send us Elias =)

Old
12-01-2005, 12:32 AM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
A little grappa, and you'll sleep like a baby. Just take Advil in the morning.
Hmmm, perhaps I shall take your advice.

Old
12-01-2005, 12:34 AM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnThGrt
How about we just tell devils to send us Elias =)
Well, this definitely works for me.

Old
12-01-2005, 12:44 AM
ILuvLA

Realistically, what would it take to get Doug Weight? He'd be another good addition.

Old
12-01-2005, 12:59 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Come on Swing, you know that if Avery dropped the mitts with 10 seconds to go in the game he'd get the instigator and the 10K fine and the suspension. Not worth it.

Old
12-01-2005, 01:21 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
Realistically, what would it take to get Doug Weight? He'd be another good addition.
Unfortunately he hasn't been able to stay healthy this season.

12-01-2005, 01:26 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Come on Swing, you know that if Avery dropped the mitts with 10 seconds to go in the game he'd get the instigator and the 10K fine and the suspension. Not worth it.
Reap you and I share the same interests in this dept. But how many times is this going to happen before he actually does something. Bell dropped the mitts.....didn't get an instigator. Refs may have it out for Avery, but I hate speculating. Nastiness is sorely lacking right now, and if we're going about it this way, I don't like it. Gleason and others have been playing team-tough, but Avery needs to get back to what he does best. He's starting to remind me of Cooke and that guys bug the **** out of me.

Old
12-01-2005, 01:31 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Reap you and I share the same interests in this dept. But how many times is this going to happen before he actually does something. Bell dropped the mitts.....didn't get an instigator. Refs may have it out for Avery, but I hate speculating. Nastiness is sorely lacking right now, and if we're going about it this way, I don't like it. Gleason and others have been playing team-tough, but Avery needs to get back to what he does best. He's starting to remind me of Cooke and that guys bug the **** out of me.
Dont get me wrong, I'm tired of him not throwing down, but I'm fairly positive AM is telling him, if you fight, you dont play. We all know he has it in him, I just think he's on a shorter leash.

Old
12-01-2005, 01:41 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Dont get me wrong, I'm tired of him not throwing down, but I'm fairly positive AM is telling him, if you fight, you dont play. We all know he has it in him, I just think he's on a shorter leash.
I thought the same........but I doubt it. Emotions run high on the ice, and the coach isn't out there. He should have got benched for the dumb penalty he took. If you're going to the box, you might as well bring someone with you.
Maybe i'm frustrated with the overall performance and not just his. But he's payed to bring emotion and to wind other teams up. He just seems to be avoiding fights regardless if we're winning or losing.
He's a smart player, and i'd rahter have the PP with him getting abused. But there is still a time and place.......

Old
12-01-2005, 01:47 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
I thought the same........but I doubt it. Emotions run high on the ice, and the coach isn't out there. He should have got benched for the dumb penalty he took. If you're going to the box, you might as well bring someone with you.
Maybe i'm frustrated with the overall performance and not just his. But he's payed to bring emotion and to wind other teams up. He just seems to be avoiding fights regardless if we're winning or losing.
He's a smart player, and i'd rahter have the PP with him getting abused. But there is still a time and place.......
The hit on Bell was borderline, but hey he did extend his arms, but Bell should've got a call for going after him. You cant knock him for not trying to get things started, because he was, the rest of the team just stunk. And look, he took 4 Hawks off the ice at the end of the game, just too bad it was at the end.

Old
12-01-2005, 02:45 AM
Osprey

I think that AM putting out 3 lines that hadn't played with each other before contributed to the confusion and lack of chemistry tonight. Putting Tambellini on the 2nd line is fine, but it should've been with Roenick and Cammalleri. Armstrong and Cammalleri haven't played together at all this season. As for the 3rd line, he took Cowan off and put Brown on it. Brown hasn't played much (if at all) with Avery and Belanger. Then, on the 4th line, Cowan hasn't played with either Robitaille or Roenick. Obviously, that wasn't the only thing wrong with the team, but I can't help but imagine it contributed to what we saw tonight. I'm ticked at the players for not putting out any effort, but the coaches deserve to shoulder blame, too.

Old
12-01-2005, 02:46 AM
Johnny Utah

Kings looked weak tonight. Lapointe, Barnaby, Bell, and Vandemeer skated around liked they owned the place. You know why? Because the Kings only had Gleason and Cowan. Avery isn't in those guys league.

Kings need to add a tough guy who can shift between the AHL/NHL esp. for the upcoming road games agaisnt tough teams. When Parros comes back, they can send him down to take over for Flinn. It's not gonna cost much and the guy is gonna have a bigger impact physically and mentally for the Kings than Kostopolous or a rookie like Tambellini.

Old
12-01-2005, 02:51 AM
Osprey

I don't recall any Hawks running Kings players tonight. A Kings goon wouldn't have made a lick of difference, IMO. It certainly wouldn't have made the Kings play with any passion.

Old
12-01-2005, 02:55 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I don't recall any Hawks running Kings players tonight. A Kings goon wouldn't have made a lick of difference, IMO. It certainly wouldn't have made the Kings play with any passion.
A heavy wouldn't have made the Kings play with any heart, but it would've been nice to see someone other than a middleweight take on Vandermeer for what he did to Flinn.

Old
12-01-2005, 02:59 AM
Osprey

Quote:
A heavy wouldn't have made the Kings play with any heart, but it would've been nice to see someone other than a middleweight take on Vandermeer for what he did to Flinn.
What happened to Flinn was unintentional. Vandermeer and Flinn were just doing their jobs and an accident occurred. I don't understand wanting revenge for something like that.

Old
12-01-2005, 03:08 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
What happened to Flinn was unintentional. Vandermeer and Flinn were just doing their jobs and an accident occurred. I don't understand wanting revenge for something like that.
Well obviously the Kings disagreed. Bob Miller even said the Kings were upset that Vandermeer slammed him to the ice.

Old
12-01-2005, 03:09 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:

Vandy isnt that type of player. he was actually concerned over the health of Flinn when he went down and out cold for a bit.

Old
12-01-2005, 04:08 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingcorporate
Pretty much agree with everyone's observations so far...

Frolov was the only skater to show up and play today...
Frolov looked scared and tentative to me....

Old
12-01-2005, 10:02 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobey
Frolov looked scared and tentative to me....
I'd be scared and tentative too if my linemates were invisible.

(though I completely disagree with your statement... Frolov never looks scared or tentative... some days he looks better than others, but he's always a forward thinker.)

Old
12-01-2005, 10:10 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
I think that AM putting out 3 lines that hadn't played with each other before contributed to the confusion and lack of chemistry tonight. Putting Tambellini on the 2nd line is fine, but it should've been with Roenick and Cammalleri. Armstrong and Cammalleri haven't played together at all this season. As for the 3rd line, he took Cowan off and put Brown on it. Brown hasn't played much (if at all) with Avery and Belanger. Then, on the 4th line, Cowan hasn't played with either Robitaille or Roenick. Obviously, that wasn't the only thing wrong with the team, but I can't help but imagine it contributed to what we saw tonight. I'm ticked at the players for not putting out any effort, but the coaches deserve to shoulder blame, too.

DING DING DING!!!!! We have a winner. Thank you all for playing!

(If the Joe Thornton trade was a shocker and a blockbuster... the firing of Andy Murray and his coaching staff after an 0-4 road trip would be of equal worthiness to the press. The Kings have such a grand opportunity to become a non-factor come playoff time, and this is not the sky falling or some "bandwagonner" falling off the turnip truck. We've seen this play too many times. Wins against St. Lousy and Chicago were smoke and mirrors... the Kings played like CRAP in those games, they played down to the level of their opponents and still came out with some points. The effort was NOT there against Detroit, and so you had to figure there would be a major rebound on the first game of the road trip. Osprey's points are SO on the money. Chemistry was not evident from the opening face off. FOURTEEN MINUTES on the power play and despite Belanger's goal, I don't think they actually had anything set up in the Chicago zone more than a baby's handful of times. Yet, Chicago, 27th in the league on the PP was able to manouever the puck at will. Enough of this bullcrap. We have talent on this team. I know it, you know it, and everyone knows it. Let's exploit it with a coaching staff that can maximize it. Remember ... "this is the most talented team we have assembled" said Tim Leiweke, said Luc Robitaille, et al. Well, watch these last 6 games over again and tell me that this is a competitive team come playoff time and if you think it is, I have the name of a good eye surgeon for you!

Old
12-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
Kings looked weak tonight. Lapointe, Barnaby, Bell, and Vandemeer skated around liked they owned the place. You know why? Because the Kings only had Gleason and Cowan. Avery isn't in those guys league.

Kings need to add a tough guy who can shift between the AHL/NHL esp. for the upcoming road games agaisnt tough teams. When Parros comes back, they can send him down to take over for Flinn. It's not gonna cost much and the guy is gonna have a bigger impact physically and mentally for the Kings than Kostopolous or a rookie like Tambellini.
Can't believe it took you so long Utah. At least you're consistant.

Old
12-01-2005, 12:11 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
DING DING DING!!!!! We have a winner. Thank you all for playing!

(If the Joe Thornton trade was a shocker and a blockbuster... the firing of Andy Murray and his coaching staff after an 0-4 road trip would be of equal worthiness to the press. The Kings have such a grand opportunity to become a non-factor come playoff time, and this is not the sky falling or some "bandwagonner" falling off the turnip truck. We've seen this play too many times. Wins against St. Lousy and Chicago were smoke and mirrors... the Kings played like CRAP in those games, they played down to the level of their opponents and still came out with some points. The effort was NOT there against Detroit, and so you had to figure there would be a major rebound on the first game of the road trip. Osprey's points are SO on the money. Chemistry was not evident from the opening face off. FOURTEEN MINUTES on the power play and despite Belanger's goal, I don't think they actually had anything set up in the Chicago zone more than a baby's handful of times. Yet, Chicago, 27th in the league on the PP was able to manouever the puck at will. Enough of this bullcrap. We have talent on this team. I know it, you know it, and everyone knows it. Let's exploit it with a coaching staff that can maximize it. Remember ... "this is the most talented team we have assembled" said Tim Leiweke, said Luc Robitaille, et al. Well, watch these last 6 games over again and tell me that this is a competitive team come playoff time and if you think it is, I have the name of a good eye surgeon for you!
you forgot to add the third period a** whooping, near meltdowns against Vancouver and Colorado as well.

Old
12-01-2005, 12:57 PM
took420s

That was really brutal guys.

Where is the fire?

Closed Thread