HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pettru Lindgren, our latest Finnish gem?

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2005, 11:47 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

vCash: 500
Pettru Lindgren, our latest Finnish gem?

Surfing though the Finnish board here at HF, I noticed how highly regarded Pettru Lindgren is. In fact, they rate him as the best Finnish prospect in Finland at the moment, ahead of popular names such as Tuuka Rask.

Their reasoning is how he is playing great on a poor team, and that as an 18 year old. Lindgen is also putting up points at a better clip than Tuomo Ruutu when both were the same age.

Definitely one to keep your eye on, our Scandinavian, and in particular our Finnish scouts seem to have an amazing eye for talent.

Old
12-01-2005, 12:14 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Surfing though the Finnish board here at HF, I noticed how highly regarded Pettru Lindgren is. In fact, they rate him as the best Finnish prospect in Finland at the moment, ahead of popular names such as Tuuka Rask.

Their reasoning is how he is playing great on a poor team, and that as an 18 year old. Lindgen is also putting up points at a better clip than Tuomo Ruutu when both were the same age.

Definitely one to keep your eye on, our Scandinavian, and in particular our Finnish scouts seem to have an amazing eye for talent.
At this point, I will not be surprised by any Scandanavian prospect for us turning out to be a great pick, no matter how late.

Old
12-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Chaos

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:

He was the one guy in the entire draft I wanted the Stars to grab.

-Vagrant
Old
12-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Rotang

It's nice to start seeing the Stars pull out diamonds in the rough. I've sat by and watched other teams do it for far too long.

Old
12-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Make

I was surprised to see him go that low in the draft. I thought he was a lock for the second round. 13 points in 26 games is impressive, but the Ruutu "comparison" is a bit inaccurate as the level of play in Finland is not as good as in 2000-01 when Ruutu was a rookie.

Lindgren is said to be very skilled center who has good vision and work rate. Some compare him to Finnish hockey legend Raimo Helminen, who was/still is known for his great vision and passing skills. I have high hopes for this kid to become a good second liner in NHL.

Old
12-02-2005, 07:20 AM
edd1e

i quite sure he'll be heading your way soon, but let's wait what he does in WJC.

Old
12-02-2005, 01:42 PM
Icey

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadiggitystank
It's nice to start seeing the Stars pull out diamonds in the rough. I've sat by and watched other teams do it for far too long.
The Stars have had a few of their own. All these players have been late draft picks

Jere Lehtinen
Marty Turco
Antti Miettinen
Jussi Joinkinen
Niko Kapanen

and those are players who are in Dallas. There are also a few in Iowa that could turn out to be very good players who were drafted late.

Old
12-03-2005, 05:39 AM
gib

More good news about Lindgren for the Stars fans.

Head coach of Finland`s WJC team, Hannu Aravirta, is expecting Lindgren to be the top forward for team Finland in WJC.

Old
12-03-2005, 05:50 AM
Colorado Avalanche

I was watching Ilves game and i saw this kid (Perttu Lindgren) and i like him lot. Very talented and with couple more years developing he will be very good.

Old
12-03-2005, 11:47 AM
Chaos

Lindgren with a goal and assist today, giving him 5 goals, 10 assists in 28 games. For comparison, Jokinen totaled 10 goals, 6 assists in 54 games as an 18 year old.

Old
12-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
Lindgren with a goal and assist today, giving him 5 goals, 10 assists in 28 games. For comparison, Jokinen totaled 10 goals, 6 assists in 54 games as an 18 year old.
Lindgren is also playing on an awful team, but we can only hope Lindgren developes as constantly as Jokinen did in Finland..

Old
12-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Chaos

Quote:
Lindgren is also playing on an awful team, but we can only hope Lindgren developes as constantly as Jokinen did in Finland..
Indeed. Hopefully they'll show some WJC games down here like they did last year(and hopefully more than just US games, but thats not likely).

Old
12-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
Indeed. Hopefully they'll show some WJC games down here like they did last year(and hopefully more than just US games, but thats not likely).
So, are you going to start the official Lindgren thread, updating it each weak? It was a huge succes with Jussi Jokinen..

Old
12-03-2005, 12:30 PM
HFNHL Canadiens

Quote:
So, are you going to start the official Lindgren thread, updating it each weak? It was a huge succes with Jussi Jokinen..
Leafs fan here, nothing against you guys... u did take Perrot of our hands anyways...

I am a huge fan of Lindgren, you must start an Official Perttu Lindgren thread and sticky it. I wish the Leafs had Perttu Lindgren, but he was already picked

Old
12-03-2005, 12:35 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by golleafsgo_17
Leafs fan here, nothing against you guys... u did take Perrot of our hands anyways...

I am a huge fan of Lindgren, you must start an Official Perttu Lindgren thread and sticky it. I wish the Leafs had Perttu Lindgren, but he was already picked
Why the love for Lindgren? Have you seen him play alot? Just curious, as I have yet to see a glimpse of him.

Old
12-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Chaos

Quote:
Why the love for Lindgren? Have you seen him play alot? Just curious, as I have yet to see a glimpse of him.
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=133261
Theres some highlights of him from the junior playoffs last season(where he set a scoring record). Its too bad he doesnt play for Karpat, as they put up all the goals from their home games on their website(which was really the only way to see Jokinen last year).

Old
12-04-2005, 05:18 AM
Pekka Lampinen

Quote:
'Awful' is quite an overstatement when they're tied for eighth out of fourteen. Granted, it has always been Lindgren who's creating the offense in his unit.

Old
12-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Lampinen
'Awful' is quite an overstatement when they're tied for eighth out of fourteen. Granted, it has always been Lindgren who's creating the offense in his unit.
I think 'average' would be a more accurate description of his team. Wouldnt you agree?

Last edited by Chaos: 12-04-2005 at 10:16 AM.
Old
12-04-2005, 11:24 AM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
argh, Lumme is also playing for Tampere.....that couldn't be good for Lindgren's development

Old
12-04-2005, 11:37 AM
In the Doghouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walzy
argh, Lumme is also playing for Tampere.....that couldn't be good for Lindgren's development

Actually Lumme's had a great season so far with Ilves! But what it comes to Lindgren, I saw him playing live for a first time last week and damn, I was impressed. For a player his age, he has very good vision on ice and he is already more complete player than I've thought.

Old
12-08-2005, 02:19 PM
mattihp

vCash: 50
Finland isn't part of scandinavia, dudes

Old
12-08-2005, 02:36 PM
Jeepers Creeper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp
lol

Old
12-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp
Stop being so anal about that, Finland is part of fennoskandia which is good enough for foreigners.

Old
12-08-2005, 06:46 PM
jepjepjoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make #89
but the Ruutu "comparison" is a bit inaccurate as the level of play in Finland is not as good as in 2000-01 when Ruutu was a rookie
Thats just pure BS. I can't believe that "the good ol days" when everything was amazing in the world of hockey is now only 5 years ago. Atleast earlier we was talking about how good the game was and how skilled the players were in the early 90's or mid 90's and that I could swallow cause my memory is so bad IMHO the level of gameplay hasn't changed in 5 years.(atleast not worse)

edit. I hate Mattihp

Old
12-08-2005, 08:21 PM
HFNHL Canadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepjepjoo
edit. I hate Mattihp
yeah he is just jealous that Sweden couldn't create such a dynamic prospect, in Perttu Lindgren.

Closed Thread