HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AM not expecting "pixie dust"... (LA Times)

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2005, 07:50 AM
King Blazer

vCash: 500
AM not expecting "pixie dust"... (LA Times)

CHICAGO This ended in another Sean Avery moment, with four misconduct penalties and a multitude of R-rated words between the Kings and Chicago Blackhawks.

This ended in a score closer than what unfolded on the ice, a 3-2 Blackhawk victory at United Center that gave the Kings consecutive losses for the first time this season.

This ended with a weary-looking coach saying the obvious.

"No one is going to ride in here on a white horse and sprinkle pixie dust and make things better," King Coach Andy Murray said. "We got to earn it ourselves."

link: http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings

Old
12-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Fat Elvis

I not sure what the hell he's talking about? "we've got to earn it ourselves" . In the mean time, here's some really crappy hockey for you nice folks to hunker down with. Way to bust arse Andy, that'll fire em' up.

Old
12-01-2005, 10:02 AM
Face Wash

Why is it Andy's Job to fire ANYONE UP? If you love the game, you wanna play. If you don't wanna play AM can oblige. Don't blame this awful spell on AM. There were about 6 players on the team that played a smart, strong aggressive game AM asks for. With the exception of maybe 4 or 5 guys on this team, this is a veteran group. If they need AM to pump them up, they need a new line of work, it's that simple.

And if JR needs a slap on the back and some love from the coach for him to play better... I'd say it's time to cut him.

Old
12-01-2005, 10:32 AM
King Blazer

Until DT acquires a top-6 forward, preferably a LW, AM's hand are tied.

Old
12-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
If Thornton can get traded, almost every player in the League is within reach. The Kings have enough depth in term of prospects to swing a major deal, I just think DT hasn't pushed the panic button yet. After all, we are not 2-24 but 16-9-1, still a decent record. The next three games will tell us a lot of things, as I said in another thread.

Old
12-01-2005, 11:25 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
If Thornton can get traded, almost every player in the League is within reach. The Kings have enough depth in term of prospects to swing a major deal, I just think DT hasn't pushed the panic button yet. After all, we are not 2-24 but 16-9-1, still a decent record. The next three games will tell us a lot of things, as I said in another thread.
I don't expect any of the usual suspects to step-up into top 6 caliber in the next 3-games or next 20 for that matter...

Right now the Kings have Frolov, Conroy and Demitra as their top 6. Cammalleri might be close. After that, I see a bunch of 3rd and 4th line guys...

Bure would have given the team options AND applied pressure to the top line guys who want the ice time. I don't think the Kings have any idea of if he'll return and if so when...

Old
12-01-2005, 11:27 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
I just think DT hasn't pushed the panic button yet.
If he didn't hit the panic button the last 2 seasons with the injuries, what makes you think he would hit it now?

....and don't forget his pronouncement just a few days ago how happy he was with the team and the coaching staff.

Old
12-01-2005, 11:52 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
If he didn't hit the panic button the last 2 seasons with the injuries, what makes you think he would hit it now?

....and don't forget his pronouncement just a few days ago how happy he was with the team and the coaching staff.
Don't forget we didn't drop 3 of 4 "just a few days ago".

- T

Old
12-01-2005, 12:10 PM
took420s

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP

I would bet the farm that DT is reviewing every option right now. Don't forget Leiweke's pronouncement that if the team finishes the season poorly or fails to make money its their own fault. Hopefully there is some heat on DT to win a round or two because that is supposedly what would make this season the first profitable one in team history

Old
12-01-2005, 12:20 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by took420s
I would bet the farm that DT is reviewing every option right now. Don't forget Leiweke's pronouncement that if the team finishes the season poorly or fails to make money its their own fault. Hopefully there is some heat on DT to win a round or two because that is supposedly what would make this season the first profitable one in team history
Agreed! This deal that just happened was completely out of left field. I think Boston was stupid to not hear other deals around the league if they wanted to make a shake-up. DT needs to make a major move.....a-la Luongo and Blowmaster. It would solidify us as a major player for years to come. We have tons of prospects that could be delt and goaltending wins championships.
I love the team we have, but some players need to step it up...in a hurry! Post-season should be an automatic goal every year.......

Old
12-01-2005, 12:46 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by swinginutter
Agreed! This deal that just happened was completely out of left field. I think Boston was stupid to not hear other deals around the league if they wanted to make a shake-up. DT needs to make a major move.....a-la Luongo and Blowmaster. It would solidify us as a major player for years to come. We have tons of prospects that could be delt and goaltending wins championships.
I love the team we have, but some players need to step it up...in a hurry! Post-season should be an automatic goal every year.......

Just what do you think it would take us to get these 2 though? I imagine it would be ALOT!

Old
12-01-2005, 01:03 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
I concur.

Old
12-01-2005, 01:04 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrath
Just what do you think it would take us to get these 2 though? I imagine it would be ALOT!
Perhaps not as much as you think.

Columbus didn't give up much to get Federov, and San Jose didn't give up much to get Thorton.

Old
12-01-2005, 01:08 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
Perhaps not as much as you think.

Columbus didn't give up much to get Federov, and San Jose didn't give up much to get Thorton.
This is true, but you would have to think that other teams that want Luongo's services would raise the price. Such as the Avs or the Nucks who are both in need of a Goaltender and have both been rumoured to be interested.

Old
12-01-2005, 01:09 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
You're right.....it would take a lot. But i've seen horrible deals in the past, so DT needs to pull a coup.
The question is who would your untoucables be? For me it's Frolov, Gleason and Kopitar. I love Brown and Cammy also but I would deal them for these two guys. We might not even have to though. But i'm sure Keenan would want good young players on the cheap.....Grebs, Pushkarev, etc....

Old
12-01-2005, 01:15 PM
kingsfan25

Well, now that we're throwing out proposals, I'll say let's go for Kovalchuk.

Old
12-01-2005, 01:15 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
This is true, but you would have to think that other teams that want Luongo's services would raise the price. Such as the Avs or the Nucks who are both in need of a Goaltender and have both been rumoured to be interested.
I really se the Av's as a frontrunner for Luongo. The window that Lacroix leaves his players are very short, and he expects the best. He moves top prospects and players constantly until the correct formula is in place. That's the way you do it. He had Pat Roy leading them to cup finals and he'll probably pull the same magic trick with Luongo. Luongo still hasn't been to post season and it's looking slim again.
The Kings quite frankly have never had a goaltender of this caliber. We'd be solidified for years to come!

Old
12-01-2005, 01:16 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
You're right.....it would take a lot. But i've seen horrible deals in the past, so DT needs to pull a coup.
The question is who would your untoucables be? For me it's Frolov, Gleason and Kopitar. I love Brown and Cammy also but I would deal them for these two guys. We might not even have to though. But i'm sure Keenan would want good young players on the cheap.....Grebs, Pushkarev, etc....

I would want to definatley keep those that you mentioned as well as Brown and Tambs if possible. However I could justify Brown being dealt if that meant getting a package of Bouw and Luongo.

Old
12-01-2005, 01:19 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:
I would want to definatley keep those that you mentioned as well as Brown and Tambs if possible. However I could justify Brown being dealt if that meant getting a package of Bouw and Luongo.
Dustin Brown will be amazing in this league, and i'd hate to lose him! But everyone has a price. They already have Horton and Stewart...but Keenan loves these kind of players. I would think Cammy would be the one to move.....as would a goaltender...possibly Garon?

Old
12-01-2005, 01:21 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
Dustin Brown will be amazing in this league, and i'd hate to lose him! But everyone has a price. They already have Horton and Stewart...but Keenan loves these kind of players. I would think Cammy would be the one to move.....as would a goaltender...possibly Garon?

Im wondering if this would do it..

Brown, Corvo, Grebs, Garon

for

Luongo, Bouwmeester, 3rd

Old
12-01-2005, 01:23 PM
swinginutter*

Quote:

for

Luongo, Bouwmeester, 3rd
You never know. But Corvo's stock is actually rising no matter how much of us make him a whipping boy. He's playing minutes, scoring points and has a high plus/minus. Now is the time to move the guy.

Old
12-01-2005, 01:24 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:

for

Luongo, Bouwmeester, 3rd
If Keenan really is pissed at Bouwmeester, it just might.

Old
12-01-2005, 01:26 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Wasn't Bowmeester asking for $3+ mil per year for a long term contract? tha'ts more then Frolov...

Old
12-01-2005, 01:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Until DT acquires a top-6 forward, preferably a LW, AM's hand are tied.
Is Bure one of them?

Old
12-01-2005, 01:27 PM
kingbrath

Quote:
You never know. But Corvo's stock is actually rising no matter how much of us make him a whipping boy. He's playing minutes, scoring points and has a high plus/minus. Now is the time to move the guy.

Thats what I was thinking, we might actually be able to get a good return on him if we act now while his stock is relatively high.

Closed Thread