HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Philly-Washington idea

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2005, 04:12 AM
justdanickoftime*

vCash: 500
Philly-Washington idea

Philly gets kolzig, witt, cash
Washington gets picard, sharp, second round pick 06

Old
12-02-2005, 04:26 AM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdanickoftime
this would never work due to cap concerns. plus wash. would need to take esche in return instead of picard.

Old
12-02-2005, 05:18 AM
Shane

Quote:
You know there's this thing now called a salary cap, right?

Old
12-02-2005, 05:22 AM
Nacho
Special

3.5 mil free from Primeau, who don't seem to be coming back this season...

Old
12-02-2005, 05:25 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho
3.5 mil free from Primeau, who don't seem to be coming back this season...
...and if he does?

Old
12-02-2005, 05:43 AM
Flash Walken

I also believe kolzig has a no trade clause because of an ill son who requires stability or something along those lines.

A trade deadline rental isn't out of the question,but I don't believe he's going anywhere for awhile.

Old
12-02-2005, 05:46 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken
I also believe kolzig has a no trade clause because of an ill son who requires stability or something along those lines.

That's the other point people just want to ignore. People like to make aimless trade proposals without any rhyme or reason...thinking about the situation.

Old
12-02-2005, 07:00 AM
EroCaps

Quote:
Uh, no thanks.

Old
12-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
...and if he does?
Then the Flyers are over the cap by well over $3 million.

But if he *doesn't* come back, it would still leave the Flyers over the cap by about $800,000. Switch Esche for Picard and it gets closer - then we're just talking about the timing of the trade.

Last edited by Irish Blues: 12-02-2005 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Has Desjardins as inactive on my spreadsheet - fixed to get correct numbers
Old
12-02-2005, 07:55 AM
Marshall
Too right, man.

Quote:
That's the other point people just want to ignore. People like to make aimless trade proposals without any rhyme or reason...thinking about the situation.

People ignore it because it's no longer true. This has been brought up many, many times, so let's put it to bed again.

Kozlig does not have a no-trade clause. At one time, there was thought to be an unwritten agreement between Kolzig and the Caps that he not be traded, and Kolzig once said he would retire if traded from the Caps.

This is no longer true - Kolzig's family (including his son) live in Washington State now, and Kolzig and Witt share an appartment. He has very much backed off any retirement if traded talk, and now has said that he isn't sure what he's going to do - it depends on how he thinks the Caps are doing in the rebuild at the end of the season. If Kolzig doesn't like what he sees, the Caps trade him in a heartbeat.

Hope this clears things up.

Old
12-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Brad*

First of all, I don't know if Washington would be all that interested in this trade. Picard is somewhat of an unknown prospect; he could be anything from a solid top-4 defenseman, to a guy like John Slaney, who is a career AHL'er. Sharp is a fairly decent prospect, but the knock on him is that his upside isn't very high. Right now, Sharp is an excellent 4th liner, and can be a good 3rd line player if he has to. The question is whether or not he'll be any better than that. If the answer is no, it doesn't really make him a big time commodity in trade.

And the Flyers likely won't be trading for a goaltender at all this season. If they do, it'll be much further along in the year when they're sure that Esche can not do the job. My heart says that Esche can turn his performance around, and start playing like he did last season. If he does, then I don't believe the Flyers would need to trade for a goaltender, because Esche was excellent last season. Unfortunately, my head is telling me that he probably won't be back to the goaltender he was. At best, I see his level of play settling in somewhere between what it was last season, and what it is now. Some would call that mediocre.

I have my doubts about Esche being able to take this team all the way, but I think he'll get a shot at it. I think the Flyers management would be content with allowing Esche to to take the reigns as the #1 goaltender in Philadelphia, if for no other reason than to see if truly has what it takes. If Esche fails in the post-season this year, the Flyers would then know that he wasn't the guy, and a change would be made. I just can't see them making a move for a temporary replacement like Kolzig, who is older, and for all intents and purposes would be a "rental."

Last edited by Brad*: 12-02-2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old
12-02-2005, 08:48 AM
Mothra

Quote:

its ignored because its an outdated issue. Its brought up in every Kolzig proposal. I cant remember the exact details now....but in short Kolzig's family lives out west now and the issues with his son needing special care in a DC area hospital are no longer an issue...in terms of he being moved. I am 90+% suere on this

as for the proposal.....no way from a Caps view

Old
12-02-2005, 09:13 AM
sk84fun_dc

Marshall, I think we need to release a statement that we can post on all of these threads about Kolzig. Amazing how misinformation continues to be repeated over and over again. Aaaaarrgggghhh. Thanks for typing it out again.

and back to trade proposals between Caps and Flyers, maybe the Caps will send Ouellet back to Philly

Old
12-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Mr.Brownov*

Send a message via MSN to Mr.Brownov*
Quote:
Screw Washington much?

Closed Thread