HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**OFFICIAL** GDT 12/2 - Kings @ Senators

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-03-2005, 10:41 AM
  #326
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingme00
After that game, beers about the only thing that makes it palletable

Seriously though, Im a Kings fan and Ill always be one. Posters from the other boards can call me a hypcrite and homer till theyre blue in the face for all I care. Avery rocks and Chara needs to check his twig and berries.

Anyone, whether its sports or not, starting a fight with someone 8 inches shorter and 40lbs lighter than you is a gutless puke.

Oh, and Bryan Murray is the biggest terd wad of em all. Hes *****in and moaning about how LA always runs goalies going back to his days with the Quacks blah blah. The only thing I get from his quotes is that this was his chance at some form of personal gratification/revenge from the beatdowns he had to endure from behind the bench during Kings vs. Quacks games.
Suspensions and fines coming
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=145491&hubname=nhl

 
Old
12-03-2005, 10:43 AM
  #327
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup2006sensrule
I was at the game and there is alot of talk about gutless this and gutless that on these boards (not just the LA boards but the NHL and Sens boards)

There was no gutless play tonight by anyone. Every player on the ice was agitated and playing tough and physical. No one was backing down. Avery goes hard to the net being Physical, Hasek is mad and goes behind the net. Avery punches him. How is that gutless by anyone. Every player on the Sens and Kings is standing up for themselves and each other. I don't get that people are calling Chara gutless for fighting Gleason. Chara knows he might get suspended, Gleason willingly drops the gloves when challenged. Both go at it. Chara takes a deserved instigator.

This was a rough, tough, fast, physical hockey game. Enjoy it they don't come often. The Sens got he win but the Kings are probably feeling pretty good right now knowing how they have each others back. There were no cheapshots in the game except Neil's check from behind which I think was a mistake on his part and for which he got the gate for.

Neither the Sens or the Kings are dirty they are just tough teams who won't back down.
GREAT POST.

Neil's check on Brown was the only "cheap" or "gutless" thing I saw tonight. Here's my other comments:

1. Avery's wack at the puck in the crease happens 10-15 times in every hockey game. Hasek WAY overreacted.
2. Hasek should have gotten 2 minutes for leaving his crease.
3. Avery deserved his penalty for punching Hasek.
4. Score aside, the Kings looked WAY better to me than the last two games.
5. Conroy's interference call was totally bogus. It's always scary when a skate gets near someone's head, but it was a clear accident, caused by Heatley's check
6. AM pulling the goaltender with 8+ minutes left was pretty ridiculous. Is that what got the Sens so riled maybe?
7. I still can't figure out WHY Chara went after Gleason. Was it purely a response to Cowan's beatdown of Kelly? And why Gleason, who is neither a regular fighter or a chippy player? It was almost like all the regular targets weren't available (Avery, Cowan, Flinn, Parros) so Chara went after the nearest guy remotely close to him in size. You could tell by Gleason's reaction after the fight he was pissed, like "*** did I do to deserve that?" - LOL

Quattro is offline  
Old
12-03-2005, 10:54 AM
  #328
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,384
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner
The Score showed a clip of Murray vs. Fox in the hallways after the game. Murray was yelling at him with his finger in his face... seemed heated.
ROFL Really? That's hilarious! Go Foxy!

I have to admit, those were some of the strongest words I've ever heard Fox use on a broadcast. He's usually very diplomatic.

Quattro is offline  
Old
12-03-2005, 12:11 PM
  #329
ILUVTHISGAME
Registered User
 
ILUVTHISGAME's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro

Neil's check on Brown was the only "cheap" or "gutless" thing I saw tonight.

actually, I believe Neil went after Brown because Brown had flattened Heatley at the end of the 1st. (It was behind the play to the right of Hasek)
(doesn't make it any less cheap, but i can understand it)

great game

can't wait for tonight's game in Montréal!

S.

ILUVTHISGAME is offline  
Old
12-03-2005, 12:19 PM
  #330
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,382
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVTHISGAME
actually, I believe Neil went after Brown because Brown had flattened Heatley at the end of the 1st. (It was behind the play to the right of Hasek)
(doesn't make it any less cheap, but i can understand it)

great game

can't wait for tonight's game in Montréal!

S.
Brown leveled Volchenkov with a solid check. Since when does a solid check mean that you can leave your feet and board someone like Neil did?

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
12-03-2005, 01:03 PM
  #331
JD1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Neil hit Brown because the Kings were getting physical with Ottawa's finesse guys. Plain and simple. And it really had little to do with Brown or the Kings given thye don't play one another often. That was av ery clear message to the NHL at large, hit certain people and you will be hit hard.

Avery was doing his thing and he is good at it. But he took a swing at Hasek. Everything after that happened in direct response to Avery's swing at Hasek. McGratten took care of Avery. Cowan goes with Kelly when Kelly isn't a fighter. Chara deliberately found a King that isn't a fighter and gave it to him.

Did you see Chara leave the ice. Hasek skated all the way from his crease and met him at the bench and gave him a pat on the butt as he left the ice.

LA got physical with Ottawa's finesse guys and goalie. The responses to that were immediate and deliberate. And it will cost the Sens a few games of suspension time and some fines. But the finesse guys will continue to play their game and will be better because of last night's game.

JD1 is offline  
Old
12-03-2005, 01:37 PM
  #332
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 31,382
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1
Neil hit Brown because the Kings were getting physical with Ottawa's finesse guys. Plain and simple. And it really had little to do with Brown or the Kings given thye don't play one another often. That was av ery clear message to the NHL at large, hit certain people and you will be hit hard.

Avery was doing his thing and he is good at it. But he took a swing at Hasek. Everything after that happened in direct response to Avery's swing at Hasek. McGratten took care of Avery. Cowan goes with Kelly when Kelly isn't a fighter. Chara deliberately found a King that isn't a fighter and gave it to him.

Did you see Chara leave the ice. Hasek skated all the way from his crease and met him at the bench and gave him a pat on the butt as he left the ice.

LA got physical with Ottawa's finesse guys and goalie. The responses to that were immediate and deliberate. And it will cost the Sens a few games of suspension time and some fines. But the finesse guys will continue to play their game and will be better because of last night's game.
So now this is a league where you cant hit players just because they are finesse players, or else you will get jumped? Last time I checked, this is hockey, if you're on the ice, you are fair game whether you are Zdeno Chara or Dany Heatley.

And all of this started because of Hasek. He doesn't leave his crease, he doesn't get popped and none of the other **** gets started. Just because Hasek is a maniac and with all of his pads on tries to be a bad ***...

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
12-03-2005, 02:54 PM
  #333
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy
 
NyQuil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: NyLand
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
And all of this started because of Hasek. He doesn't leave his crease, he doesn't get popped and none of the other **** gets started. Just because Hasek is a maniac and with all of his pads on tries to be a bad ***...
Or if Avery didn't pop him?

Hasek wasn't throwing them or anything.

I don't understand how Avery is obligated to punch Dom in the face because he left his crease.

NyQuil is online now  
Old
12-03-2005, 04:17 PM
  #334
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,654
vCash: 500
And how was McGratton obliged to jump Avery from behind? Are you saying the McGratton is such a horrible hockey player that he couldn't even line Avery up for a hard hit? Now tell me who doesn't belong in the league.

__________________
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Mark Twain
Legionnaire is offline  
Old
12-03-2005, 04:28 PM
  #335
swinginutter*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,796
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
Or if Avery didn't pop him?

Hasek wasn't throwing them or anything.

I don't understand how Avery is obligated to punch Dom in the face because he left his crease.
Your posts overall have been unbiased. But Gratts had one thing on his mind, and that was to take care of Avery who he outweighs by quite a bit. Avery barely falls into a middleweight class, but he'll take on all middleweights.
As for the Hasek punch. People are making a meal out of this. I just re-watched that whole incident, and Avery was going for what he thought was a loose puck. Hasek go's around the net to confront him, so Avery jabbed at him and it knocked his helmet back. Hasek has a huge rep for being a drama queen anyways.
This game to me should reflect on all games being played. This is hockey and as a player you want the other team (players) to be your enemy. The game had good vigor and although the score was unjust, we lost......end of story. Move on to the next and hopefully this game has the same chippiness.

swinginutter* is offline  
Old
12-03-2005, 04:43 PM
  #336
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!
 
Legionnaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: LA-LA Land
Country: United States
Posts: 35,654
vCash: 500
As did I SW. If Hasek wasn't looking for trouble what did he go back there for then? To have a tea party.

Avery's little punch was such a minor thing. Hasek went back there looking for a piece of Avery but was waiting for his teammates to jump in so he could get his shots in.

Legionnaire is offline  
Old
12-03-2005, 04:55 PM
  #337
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil
Or if Avery didn't pop him?

Hasek wasn't throwing them or anything.

I don't understand how Avery is obligated to punch Dom in the face because he left his crease.
Leaving the crease is against the rules and is a sign of aggression. I don't understand how you can't understand that.

 
Old
12-03-2005, 05:05 PM
  #338
Roy G Biv*
 
Roy G Biv*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Leaving the crease is against the rules and is a sign of aggression. I don't understand how you can't understand that.
I see players goalies leave their creases every game.

Sign of aggression? Do such signs require actual physically agressive responses?

Players trash talk all game, that is aggression to... That doesn't mean you pop a guy.

Roy G Biv* is offline  
Old
12-03-2005, 05:18 PM
  #339
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboner
I see players goalies leave their creases every game.

Sign of aggression? Do such signs require actual physically agressive responses?

Players trash talk all game, that is aggression to... That doesn't mean you pop a guy.
A goalie does not leave his crease and skate towards and opposing player to extend an olive branch.
Quit kidding yourself.

 
Old
12-04-2005, 03:57 AM
  #340
Heatley4Hart*
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,301
vCash: 500
Quote:
Chara deliberately found a King that isn't a fighter and gave it to him.
I bet Shanahan would beg to differ.

Gleason is a tough tough kid. I watched him in a number of Sens rookie tourney's before Muckler traded him and in Windsor with the Spit. He use to regulary come to Spezza's aid when the star player was hit, as would Steve Ott while they played for the Spit.

Heatley4Hart* is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 04:41 PM
  #341
braincramp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Leaving the crease is against the rules and is a sign of aggression. I don't understand how you can't understand that.
I don't understand why you think it is legitimate to escalate from words to punches under any circumstances. This kind of thinking suggests that punches, in turn, warrant swinging a stick at someone, which then warrants cutting off his head with a machete.

All people must learn to vent their anger without using physical violence, especially during what is a game.

I think you may be tho one who is kidding himself.


Last edited by braincramp: 12-04-2005 at 04:55 PM.
braincramp is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 10:09 AM
  #342
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by braincramp
I don't understand why you think it is legitimate to escalate from words to punches under any circumstances. This kind of thinking suggests that punches, in turn, warrant swinging a stick at someone, which then warrants cutting off his head with a machete.

All people must learn to vent their anger without using physical violence, especially during what is a game.

I think you may be tho one who is kidding himself.
You are totally off base here and badly I might add.

Escalating from Word to punches? Hasek wasn't going out to talk.

This is the exact same situation as a hitter getting plunked in baseball. If the batter heads towards the mound, blows are going to be exchanged. If the pitcher is smart, he will get the first shot in.
Exact example here. Hasek was charging the mound and Avery got the first shot in. Hasek is no angel, don't forget his roller hockey antics. Also remember that Hasek hospitalized the other for three days and could have faced eight years in prison for said antics.


Last edited by Old Hickory: 12-05-2005 at 10:21 AM.
 
Old
12-05-2005, 11:14 AM
  #343
Face Wash
Registered User
 
Face Wash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
You are totally off base here and badly I might add.

Escalating from Word to punches? Hasek wasn't going out to talk.

This is the exact same situation as a hitter getting plunked in baseball. If the batter heads towards the mound, blows are going to be exchanged. If the pitcher is smart, he will get the first shot in.
Exact example here. Hasek was charging the mound and Avery got the first shot in. Hasek is no angel, don't forget his roller hockey antics. Also remember that Hasek hospitalized the other for three days and could have faced eight years in prison for said antics.

A goalies place is in the crease... anywhere else and he winds up in front of his bench begging his teammates to pull off his catching glove so the other goalie doesn't kick his lilly-white ***!!!

Face Wash is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 11:32 AM
  #344
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
A goalies place is in the crease... anywhere else and he winds up in front of his bench begging his teammates to pull off his catching glove so the other goalie doesn't kick his lilly-white ***!!!
Would you be refering to this catching glove sir?


 
Old
12-05-2005, 11:35 AM
  #345
Face Wash
Registered User
 
Face Wash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United Nations
Posts: 6,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Would you be refering to this catching glove sir?


He really taught Felix a lesson that night!


In fact Felix's head was probably the only thing Hurme caught that night.

Hell even Heinze and Modry scored on him....


Last edited by Face Wash: 12-05-2005 at 11:52 AM.
Face Wash is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 11:44 AM
  #346
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.
 
Beauty, eh?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Brown leveled Volchenkov with a solid check. Since when does a solid check mean that you can leave your feet and board someone like Neil did?
Because Neil's a *****. There's no legitimate reason for what he did. It was intent to injure all the way. Some say it was because of Brown's "hit" on Smolinski, but that's a load of BS. If anything, Smoke looked to hit Brown and he got the worst of it. Dustin didn't even see him coming until the last second.

Beauty, eh? is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 02:34 PM
  #347
sensruletheworld
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
The neil hit was brutal.........i think all sens fans accept that, and if they dont they are in denial. I have NO problem with grats going after that punk avery. If you wanna talk the talk....walk the ********** walk man.......... stop playing turtle

sensruletheworld is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 02:39 PM
  #348
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensruletheworld
The neil hit was brutal.........i think all sens fans accept that, and if they dont they are in denial. I have NO problem with grats going after that punk avery. If you wanna talk the talk....walk the ********** walk man.......... stop playing turtle
Avery is not and has never claimed to be an enforcer. Avery does and will fight guys his own size and if you recall he fought Fischer earlier in the game.

Avery Height: 5' 9" Weight: 185
Fisher-Height 6.00 -- Weight 183
McGrattan-Height: 6' 5" Weight: 238

If fighting a guy 7 inches and 53 pounds havier than you is walking the walk, then the world is made up of mostly quadriplegics.


Last edited by Old Hickory: 12-05-2005 at 02:45 PM.
 
Old
12-05-2005, 03:05 PM
  #349
sensruletheworld
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Avery is not and has never claimed to be an enforcer. Avery does and will fight guys his own size and if you recall he fought Fischer earlier in the game.

Avery Height: 5' 9" Weight: 185
Fisher-Height 6.00 -- Weight 183
McGrattan-Height: 6' 5" Weight: 238

If fighting a guy 7 inches and 53 pounds havier than you is walking the walk, then the world is made up of mostly quadriplegics.

See i am man enough to accept and acknoledge the cheap shot by neil, why cant you do the same and admit that avery has it coming to him, and then p*ssies out. This isnt the only time he refuses to fight, this man ducks fights all the time. BOO-HOO mcgrattan is bigger.......we all know if you punch the goalie...retribution is coming.

sensruletheworld is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 03:10 PM
  #350
Old Hickory
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensruletheworld
See i am man enough to accept and acknoledge the cheap shot by neil, why cant you do the same and admit that avery has it coming to him, and then p*ssies out. This isnt the only time he refuses to fight, this man ducks fights all the time. BOO-HOO mcgrattan is bigger.......we all know if you punch the goalie...retribution is coming.
Ok then

I challenge you to go pick a fight with a guy 7 inches and 53 pounds heavier than you. Do not post again on any board until you have done it. I want video and or pictures

If you don't do it within 3 hours, you are everything you say Avery is.


I want a video up by 4:09:00 pacific. In the video, before you square up with the guy, say "Jfont is a gansta, but he makes a mean souffle'" Do this so we know it is you....

The clock just started... And the guy has to be at least 7 inches and 53 pounds heavier

 
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.