HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT Carolina @ Dallas 12/2/05

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2005, 06:46 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
we got a point we probably didn't diserve with how the team played early on, but man, talk about a ##itty way to lose a game. So far that's two questionable goals (by my count) that have been called against us this year, one by video review and the other one by non-review last night, but this is the first one that cost us a point. Then again, to Toronto game had the calls going the other way it seemed. Ah well, the questionable calls won't go for you every night... unless you're UNC basketball that is

Old
12-03-2005, 07:06 AM
Walzy

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG
....one by video review and the other one by non-review last night
hte goal yesterday was under review.....

Old
12-03-2005, 07:44 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

I don't see why there's commotion surrounding Modano's winner. Gerber himself pushed it in, the puck was in constant motion and Modano did not touch it another time.

The Stars played a fairly decent game, and beat one of the top teams in the East without their MVP (Turco). Hedberg I thought was great, he didn't had a chance on 3 goals (two were deflections of defenders in front of him and Williams had a nifty deflection for equalizer).

Eric Staal has often been compared to Mike Modano, but he got completely outplayed by the 36 year old.

Old
12-03-2005, 08:27 AM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Eric Staal is also just 21 years old. Modano has 15 years on him.

12-03-2005, 09:13 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Which is I guess why he made the comment. Eric should be younger and faster. Meh, he had a couple nice shifts, but the Dallas defense was very solid. It took a few lucky goals for Carolina to even get a point.

I'm interested in seeing Staal and Williams paired together, since they both have the hot hand.

Old
12-03-2005, 11:29 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 473
Why no Staal in the SO?

Old
12-03-2005, 01:34 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 562
frankly he's never been that good at it, even in the AHL last season.

Old
12-03-2005, 04:22 PM
Obi Wan LaRosie

Send a message via AIM to Obi Wan LaRosie Send a message via Yahoo to Obi Wan LaRosie
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
i take it youve never taken a puck to the head then. taking a puck in the face is never a joke. i saw the play, and he got clocked in the face. its a very obvious concussion play, especially if he has a past for it. if it was one of those phantom ones, where it was a body check that didnt involve head contact but gave him a concussion anyways, i could see the people who have never had one being confused how it happened - but not when he takes a puck to the face. its as as obvious as it gets. iwas surprised they didnt make more of it when it happened on the telecast. it was a clearing attempt, it had plenty of juice on it....even if it was a wrister.

i also think people are being hard on him, his style fits perfectly with the new team, defensive shortcoming withstanding. we have a whole bunch of old ufa's on d this season, he's one of the only guys we have signed for back there through next year. he is by far the most skilled defender we have and when everyone is healthy, we're more than capable as a team to withstand his occasional blown coverage. i would take him over ozolinsh any day, oleg desperately wants to be a good defenseman - which i was never sold on with sandis.
BG....I have had 3 concussions, and a puck to the helmet or facemask should not give you a concussion to begin with....that is why they wear the helmets to begin with. He wasnt knocked out, he just went down....got up about 5 seconds later, and skated to the bench. Didnt look like this would be the outcome of that play.

Old
12-03-2005, 05:42 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosetache
BG....I have had 3 concussions, and a puck to the helmet or facemask should not give you a concussion to begin with....that is why they wear the helmets to begin with. He wasnt knocked out, he just went down....got up about 5 seconds later, and skated to the bench. Didnt look like this would be the outcome of that play.
ive had three concussions too. why cant a hit to a puck to the helmet or a facemask give you a concussion? that doesnt make sense. if a shoulder or an elbow can cause one....why cant a puck? am i misunderstanding you? that just doesnt make sense. i ref two or three days a week and have for ten years, ive been playing since i was five and i still play two to three times a week, on top of occasionaly coaching - and i can say with absolute certainty that a puck to the helmet can and often does cause a concussion. what about scott stevens last conconcussion that required him to retire? didnt he take a puck to the helmet? once youve had a concussion, anything in a game can set it off. my last one was caused by a collision in a full contact game where i had a clean hit with a guy and didnt even hit my head. i thought i was fine until about ten minutes later i had all these little pinpoint flashes and couldnt focus (seeing stars i guess) - i had to stop playing for months before i felt right. any jarring motion can do it. if youve had concussions i cant believe youd be so far off base on this. just because he shook it off at the time doesnt mean he didnt have one. its not unusual at all for players to suffer one and finish the game. you dont have to be knocked out to have a concussion.

Old
12-03-2005, 06:35 PM
Obi Wan LaRosie

Send a message via AIM to Obi Wan LaRosie Send a message via Yahoo to Obi Wan LaRosie
Yes, I understand your point....makes sense. It just didnt seem too bad at the time and I was not aware of his past concussion problems. You are right, the last time I felt bad that was a result of concussion was absolutely not contact, it was just pressure on my head and I felt bad for a week. So, your point is taken, I guess I was just surprised about the result of that play. Moving onward and upward though....lets get some of these guys healthy and get back to our winning ways....I havent been too happy about how we have been playing lately, kind of flat a lot of the time....Canes victory tonight 4-2

Closed Thread