HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Comrie Sit Out

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-14-2003, 04:35 AM
  #1
WFHACommish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 425
vCash: 500
Comrie Sit Out

I think the best move is to have comrie to sit out for the entire season. I wish Lowe would do exactly what former OTT GM Marshall did. Although i know Comrie and Yashin were in different situations (Yashin was in breach of his contracts), I suggest that Lowe announce he is done dealing with Comrie and he will have to sit out for the rest of the season.

The reason being is that I don't think Comrie will help us that much. He practically scores as much as he lets in. In addition, we already have tons of prospects specifically at the forward position and its clogging their develepment. Stoll and Rita are prime examples. Stoll can only learn so much sitting in the pressbox. And Rita's on the farm again.

Chimera is also one who i think will break out and according to TSN, he's 6'2". Smyth does not belong at centre and should be moved back to LW. Either input Stoll and bench Dvo or Izzy or move up Horcoff.

I think the short term plan is to sign BERARD using Comrie's money. Berard had 38 points last year, that's more than any other of our defensmen. Despite his eye problem he uses with so much talent and he shines on the power play which is our biggest fault. He's a great skater and would look great on that great ice of ours. In addition, think of what it will do for our team's mentality. Guys like Staois, Cross, and Ferguson will no longer have to jump up to the play like they're Coffey or something and should be a stay-home defenceman.

The long term plan is wait till draft day. I know this may sound crazy but I wouldn't mind seeing Comrie and possibly Rita if necessary to swap 1st rounds to get Ovechkin. This player is 6'2" right now and could be up to 6'4" at the time of the draft. It makes sense if you think about it. Rita might not even get a chance to play for our team. Ovechkin will be a sure bet. He's already played what is equivalent to AHL for the past 3 years in Russia and would fit into the team right away. So basically we're trading Comrie for Ovechkin whose younger, bigger, stronger and flashier than Comrie. They have compared him to being better than Ilya. More a team player and more responsible defensively. I believe he also plays all 3 positions. (c/lw/rw)

This, my friend, will be the cornerstone for the Edmonton Oilers. Every great team had a dynamic duo...Mario and Jagr...Gretzky and Kurri...Yzerman and Federov..and Sakic with Forsberg. Input Ovechkin with Hemsky and we've got ourselves a nucleus, with a very strong supporting cast in Smyth, Dvo, York and Isbister. We already have what i think is one of the best 3rd and 4th lines if you can call that with the RPM line and horcoff looking quite comfortable with Torres and Laraque.

Any suggestions?

WFHACommish is offline  
Old
10-14-2003, 05:53 AM
  #2
Smaug
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Ovechkin?

It would be nice for lowe to find a centre for Hemsky .... but Ovechkin could be a difficult poprosition. Exactly wich one of the five "lottery" teams do you trade with to make certain you get the first pick?

 
Old
10-14-2003, 06:25 AM
  #3
Sec of Partying Down
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Moscow, Idaho
Country: United States
Posts: 3,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
The long term plan is wait till draft day. I know this may sound crazy but I wouldn't mind seeing Comrie and possibly Rita if necessary to swap 1st rounds to get Ovechkin. This player is 6'2" right now and could be up to 6'4" at the time of the draft. It makes sense if you think about it. Rita might not even get a chance to play for our team. Ovechkin will be a sure bet. He's already played what is equivalent to AHL for the past 3 years in Russia and would fit into the team right away. So basically we're trading Comrie for Ovechkin whose younger, bigger, stronger and flashier than Comrie. They have compared him to being better than Ilya. More a team player and more responsible defensively. I believe he also plays all 3 positions. (c/lw/rw)
Ovechkin is going to be good, too good for the Oilers IMO. The Oilers would never be able to give him the salary he wants. Besides the Oilers are going to have a tough time getting Ovechkin from the Pens.

Sec of Partying Down is offline  
Old
10-14-2003, 07:15 AM
  #4
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,880
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_IN_LV
Ovechkin is going to be good, too good for the Oilers IMO. The Oilers would never be able to give him the salary he wants. Besides the Oilers are going to have a tough time getting Ovechkin from the Pens.
lol, if he's to good for the Oilers what is he for the laughable Pens?

But anyways - I have mention before how Comrie should be cast asside and we should use his money on a different player. If we could sign Berard at 2 million that'd still be 2.5 million less then we payed Comrie last year, so I know we could afford it. If you add Berard our blueline just fits better.

Brewer-Smith
Staios-Berard
Semenov-Bergeron

Thats one helluva blueline. Semenov will get back in and play good. Cross would be one of the best 7th Dmen in the league. Fergy is playing good and probably will continue to play good all year, but I don't see him as having much of a future with the Oilers. I wouldn't hold my breath on this one though, as I think Lowe has somethign in the works that will probably surpise us much like last year. He's just going to wait 10-15 games to see the team and what needs to be added/subtracted and improved.

thome_26 is offline  
Old
10-14-2003, 07:20 AM
  #5
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,880
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
oh ya, as for the trade....
I would give anyplay on the Oilers for Ovechkin. ANY, yes even Hemsky - but only straight up if we moved Hemsky. I would love to see Lowe wait until next year and try to deal for the number one pick. Offering up Comrie/Rita/first for 1st OVR/third

I think that would be a great deal for the Oilers. It would give us the best young duo in the league. Ovechkin would be able to step right in and play for the Oilers. I don't think it will be very hard for him when he first comes over here (well it'll be tough, but not like most other kids) as from the thing I saw on TV his family is going to move with him to where ever he plays so it isn't as hard on him. OMG - imagine a first line of Torres-Ovechkin-Hemsky in about 5 years. Torres could be the Esa of the line and Ovechkin and Hemsky would be two of the best offensive players in the game!!! Or if Ovechkin were to play LW instead have Niinimaki or Puliot in between them!

thome_26 is offline  
Old
10-14-2003, 09:36 AM
  #6
creative giant*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 3,543
vCash: 500
Yeah, you can pretty much rule ovechkin out of the oilers lineup because any team that knows they have a shot at the #1 pick (pitt, car, fla, columbus) will hang onto their first pick like cheese on an omlette. Why would they want comrie, when they could get ovechkin, or another, better prospect?

creative giant* is offline  
Old
10-14-2003, 11:33 AM
  #7
windowlicker
Registered User
 
windowlicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Murky Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
lol, if he's to good for the Oilers what is he for the laughable Pens?

But anyways - I have mention before how Comrie should be cast asside and we should use his money on a different player. If we could sign Berard at 2 million that'd still be 2.5 million less then we payed Comrie last year, so I know we could afford it. If you add Berard our blueline just fits better.

Brewer-Smith
Staios-Berard
Semenov-Bergeron

Thats one helluva blueline. Semenov will get back in and play good. Cross would be one of the best 7th Dmen in the league. Fergy is playing good and probably will continue to play good all year, but I don't see him as having much of a future with the Oilers. I wouldn't hold my breath on this one though, as I think Lowe has somethign in the works that will probably surpise us much like last year. He's just going to wait 10-15 games to see the team and what needs to be added/subtracted and improved.
Im ALL for getting Berard in here. WIth him our defence looks very respectable. Plus, when was the last time weve signed a significact UFA of considerable talent (cory cross does not count obvoiusly).
The fans deserve a signing like that.

But you cant at that point have semenov paired with "crazylegs" bergeron, youd need a steady vet dman to cool things down.... maybe semenov-berard
staios-bergeron
(btw, hows berard defensive game these days?)

windowlicker is offline  
Old
10-14-2003, 11:53 AM
  #8
dawgbone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,104
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Some of you guys are a little delusional if you think Berard is going to help the "Defense" of the team.

Let's put it this way, the Leafs aren't even going after him, and they are the team that needs warm bodies the most.

dawgbone is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.