HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seidenberg Interview

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 05:28 AM
Bejay03

vCash: 500
Seidenberg Interview

D. Seidenberg got interviewed by the german Hockey News. Here are some snippets:

On the question how he feels about his demotion to the Phantoms:

DS: "It's really bad luck. It's not like I am to bad. The problem is that nobody took Chris Therien in the Waiver and Piktanen got a three year/11.8 million dollar deal (best case scenario). They want to build him up to be a star."

Further down:
DS: ".....I hope that Therien is gone soon. Otherwise I need to find a way to get a trade myself."

The roprter asks if he is frustrated and how his motivation is:

DS: "The motivation to get back to the NHL is 100%, but of course I am frustrated. To ask for a trade now would not help though" ... "If I play my best hockey in the AHL, I can compete for any spot in the NHL team."

Repoter:" Do you think you are going back up soon?"
DS: "Alot of the other players have told me to be patient and that I wouldn't have to play long in the AHL. They say that Therien will be gone soon. The boys in the NHL team tell me often that I am one of them and would be playing together for a long time."

Reporter:"What if that's not the case?"
DS:"If the situation is unchanged in 6 months, I'll have to try to talk to the managment."

There is some more, but these were the interesting parts. If I made some mistakes in the translation, sorry about that, but I am positive I got the facts straight.

Old
10-14-2003, 07:11 AM
Teezax

Poor Dennis, i definitely see him as a 5th or 6th defenceman on our team in the future, i hope it doesn't get to the poitn where he asks for a trade. Chris needs to be traded ASAP....i can't believe no one bit on him. Again he does have a hefty salary at 2.7$ million. But teams liek Florida or Nashville or Chicago or Toronto who are weak in the backside could use his services. He could be a great addition to a physically challenged blue line on some rosters.

Old
10-14-2003, 07:18 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
I do like Dennis but he does need a little bit of work. It's not going to kill him to play for the Phantoms for a little while. He is right on saying Therien should and will be gone. The guy, out of him, Rags and Weino, Bundy is the worst. I can't understand why a developing team like Columbus or some team along those lines didn't scoop him up. That being said, Dennis needs to work on controlling the puck better and not getting knocked off so easily. In a lot of games that I have seen him in, he gets completely knocked off the puck. He can take the check and all but he should work on not losing possesion of the puck. Joni is a better player than him by far. He plays great both ways. Both him and Jimmy play like NHLers. They don't look like rookies where as Dennis does. So, if he gets angry at not playing with the Flyers, maybe he will become trade bait. Send him and Leclair to Detroit for Cujo. Just a thought.

Old
10-14-2003, 07:21 AM
John Flyers Fan

Even if Therien gets traded I don't think they will bring Dennis up to be a 7th defenseman. They would rather see him play 20 minutes a night with the Phantoms.

Dennis is an NHL quality defenseman, but at this moment we are the deepest this team has ever been. Clarke has shown that if a player is NHL quality he will not let him rot in the AHL. If Dennis can't find his way into the line-up on a regular basis by opening night next season, I think he will be dealt.

IMO Flyers defense corps in 2004-05 will be

Desjardins
Johnsson
Ragnarsson
Pitkanen
Vandermeer
Woywitka

Siedenberg likely to be the odd many out, and traded later this year or perhaps on draft day.

Old
10-14-2003, 09:26 AM
fan mao rong

O.K., B.J. et. al. usually when there is an interview they post a link so people can check it out for themselves. Now this "German Hockey News" must have some sort of web prescence, if they exist at all. Simply do not believe this interview, simply because players would not be that expansive on personnel issues and it is not done the ragging on another player in a public forum. And to the other issues, given the status of remaining older defensemen, they will not -- I say--- trade Seidenberg. Here are the slug defensemen they unloaded Joe DiPenta, Francis Lessard, Michal Chernov, the guy from Wilmington, Bruno St. Jacques, and the no-defendin' Andy Delmore. See there's no top talent to move into a soon-to-be vacancy. And when did Clarke say they were moved because he didn't want to hold back an NHL ready player? After he found somebody to take them and he unloaded them. That theory is a myth.

Old
10-14-2003, 10:15 AM
Stonehands77

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan mao rong
O.K., B.J. et. al. usually when there is an interview they post a link so people can check it out for themselves. Now this "German Hockey News" must have some sort of web prescence, if they exist at all. Simply do not believe this interview, simply because players would not be that expansive on personnel issues and it is not done the ragging on another player in a public forum. And to the other issues, given the status of remaining older defensemen, they will not -- I say--- trade Seidenberg. Here are the slug defensemen they unloaded Joe DiPenta, Francis Lessard, Michal Chernov, the guy from Wilmington, Bruno St. Jacques, and the no-defendin' Andy Delmore. See there's no top talent to move into a soon-to-be vacancy. And when did Clarke say they were moved because he didn't want to hold back an NHL ready player? After he found somebody to take them and he unloaded them. That theory is a myth.
Uhh, that was what Clarke usually said about people...I'm pretty sure it was what he said after trading Mark Eaton (the guy from Wilmington, IIRC). Interesting, though...Eaton's become a somewhat decent D-man in Nashville, from what I've read. Still, the defensemen that Clarke has given up certainly have not come back to haunt the Flyers yet, even Delmore and his "score 18...give up 36" approach to playing defense.

As for Dennis here, I was a bit surprised at how harsh this interview came across...perhaps the translation did that, or maybe he was just more open thinking it was for a publication back home? Who knows...I do think he may be someone who gets shipped out eventually, though. The numbers game just might not work out in his favor, and I somehow doubt that Clarke and Hitchcock want to go with 4 young guys on the blue-line at the same time. Clarke definitely likes having a veteran presence there, and so I'd look for one of those guys to move. Plus, with other prospects coming along, Dennis may be expendable: he's shown he can play, has some good offensive instincts, is young, and cheap. There may be some teams that would bite on that and give up something somewhat decent in return.

Old
10-14-2003, 11:00 AM
Bejay03

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan mao rong
There is no link because the paper has no online presence, not my fault, sorry. But since I do not especially like to be called a liar, I scanned part of the whole thing. It's in german obviously, but if you still think I made it up, well, can't help you then.....

Hmm, won't let me attach it, hang on, will provide link in a sec.

Here you go

May take a minute to go active....

Old
10-14-2003, 11:01 AM
FlyersGuy69

Send a message via AIM to FlyersGuy69
I to feel for the guy in that he just wants a shot to start and there are alot of teams in the league he could be starting for. I don't see him making the Flyers, Ithink that the next one to come up is Woywitka. I think that Seidenberg will eventually be traded so he can play, I just hope that we get good value in return.

who knows, maybe Clarke will move him during next years draft and pull a trade off like he did with Fodentenko/picks to Tampa for the #4 overall(Pitkanen).

Old
10-14-2003, 11:32 AM
MojoJojo

Maybe if the injuries to our forwards keeps up, he will get calle up as a wing again.

Old
10-14-2003, 11:48 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
Maybe if the injuries to our forwards keeps up, he will get calle up as a wing again.

Let him continue to play defense. Sharp is healthy now, he the the logical first call up.

Old
10-14-2003, 11:54 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejay03
There is no link because the paper has no online presence, not my fault, sorry. But since I do not especially like to be called a liar, I scanned part of the whole thing. It's in german obviously, but if you still think I made it up, well, can't help you then.....

Hmm, won't let me attach it, hang on, will provide link in a sec.

Here you go

May take a minute to go active....
I haven't studied German in over a year (have taken about 4-5 years in total) but cool, I can read quite a bit of that !

Old
10-14-2003, 12:37 PM
Cuiff

I like Dennis. I hope the Flyers do the smart thing and keep him

Old
10-14-2003, 12:39 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuiffitelli
I like Dennis. I hope the Flyers do the smart thing and keep him

Just because hey may trade a player doesn't mean it's a bad move. It all depends on what the return is.

Old
10-14-2003, 01:28 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Just because hey may trade a player doesn't mean it's a bad move. It all depends on what the return is.
Personally I'd like to see Seidenberg with the Wings, he'd fit well into our system and I'd like a young dman who's fairly good at moving the puck. What would it take from the Wings to get him?

Old
10-14-2003, 01:34 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Personally I'd like to see Seidenberg with the Wings, he'd fit well into our system and I'd like a young dman who's fairly good at moving the puck. What would it take from the Wings to get him?
How about Grigorenko for Seidenberg and a second?

Old
10-14-2003, 03:21 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo
How about Grigorenko for Seidenberg and a second?
Tough one, despite his injury i'm hesitant about moving Grigs.

Old
10-14-2003, 03:54 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
Tough one, despite his injury i'm hesitant about moving Grigs.
How about Hudler for Seidenberg and a 4th or Seidenberg and a 3rd for Detroit's '04 first. I'd want a forward prospect or a young forward in return in a package. I know it would take a lot more for Datysuk or Zetterberg, so these are the only deals i could come up with.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:35 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
Seidenberg and a 3rd for Detroit's '04 f.

That's a disgusting offer..Dennis is seriously undderrated by you guys.

Closed Thread