HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Spector Rumour:

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 07:58 AM
Teezax

vCash: 500
Spector Rumour:

FLYERS TO GO GOALIE-SHOPPING?

ESPN.COM: Al Morganti suggests the Philadelphia Flyers will be in the market for a goaltending upgrade, rather than pin their hopes to Jeff Hackett and Robert Esche. Morgantia believe the Flyers may have interest in Phoenix's Sean Burke and Detroit's Curtis Joseph, even suggesting Philly GM Bob Clarke might offer up winger John LeClair for CuJo.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/

Can't believe this is still lurking around, I know Al Morganti's credibility is as secure as a McDonalds trio in your stomach

But c'mon, is there any truth behind this bs?

Old
10-14-2003, 08:02 AM
Dr Love

Yawn. You know it's a slow day when they've gotta pull out the "Flyers seek goalie" rumor, especially when Burke is named. Al Morganti continues to show he knows nothing more (perhaps even less) about hockey than any of us.

Old
10-14-2003, 08:02 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
FLYERS TO GO GOALIE-SHOPPING?

ESPN.COM: Al Morganti suggests the Philadelphia Flyers will be in the market for a goaltending upgrade, rather than pin their hopes to Jeff Hackett and Robert Esche. Morgantia believe the Flyers may have interest in Phoenix's Sean Burke and Detroit's Curtis Joseph, even suggesting Philly GM Bob Clarke might offer up winger John LeClair for CuJo.

http://www.spectorshockey.net/

Can't believe this is still lurking around, I know Al Morganti's credibility is as secure as a McDonalds trio in your stomach

But c'mon, is there any truth behind this bs?
#1. We tried Burke once before, with disastorous results. The only time in the last decade where I clearly thought the goaltending was the #1 reason we lost a playoff series.

#2. Unless Hackett goes down with a major injury (always a possibility) then I don't see a CuJo deal happening. If Hackett did get hurt for the remainder of the season I could see it happening. We would save nealy $11 million as CuJo has $16 million remaining compared to LeClair's $27 million.

Old
10-14-2003, 08:07 AM
fan mao rong

Morgantia believe, huh? Seems to me that rumor was there by Morganti in the summer before they signed Hackett and now they added the names of Hackett and Esche to make it current and give them something to speculate about. They gave Hackett a 2 year $3 million no trade guaranteed contract and all he's done since is play one game and it was a shutout, so now they're thinking of a trade? Even Spector, himself, pooh-poohs the idea in his response, afterwards. Keep 'em comin'.

Old
10-14-2003, 08:19 AM
Teezax

I think the only way we can shut up the critics and media is to win the cup, maybe then will the Burke and Cujo rumors end. I'm actually curious to see where Cujo will end up. I'd see him fit in well in Boston, but a sketchy relationship between the owners will probably void this deal. The Rags will probably look into him as Dunham isn't doing too well thus far

Old
10-14-2003, 02:13 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax
I think the only way we can shut up the critics and media is to win the cup, maybe then will the Burke and Cujo rumors end. I'm actually curious to see where Cujo will end up.
That would be the ideal way to end the rumors. Plan B: wait until they are all dealt.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:25 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Let's not forget Al Morganti was the one screaming and yelling for two years to get Hackett and now he wants to get rid of him after one game.

Old
10-14-2003, 05:19 PM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Let's not forget Al Morganti was the one screaming and yelling for two years to get Hackett and now he wants to get rid of him after one game.
And that was a shutout, god knows what he will say when Hackett actually concedes a goal.

Old
10-14-2003, 05:19 PM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
Well, at least Spector's negates it.

Spector's Note: First of all, the Wings are looking for depth at centre, not on the wing. Second, they won't be interested in an ailing, over-priced LeClair. Third, the Flyers are commmitted to Hackett and Esche. Both would have to be sidelined before they'll consider jumping into the trade market for another.

Old
10-15-2003, 04:17 AM
Teezax

Good , happy to hear that. What did it for me about Cujo was in the Olympics when he got unveiled in that loss to Sweden. It showed that Marty was in class of extraordinary goaltenders while Curtis was missing that step to become one of the elite. I'm not going to take anything away from his career, he's had a good one, but the way he left Toronto was ugly. I'm happy the Wings were ousted first round against the Ducks.

Old
10-15-2003, 10:40 AM
Brad*

Give it up Al!

Closed Thread