HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rucinsky still hurt?

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2005, 01:03 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Rucinsky still hurt?

Fatigue isn't the problem for Rucinsky. After missing 14 games with an MCL injury, the second-line winger -- who had 14 points in the first 12 games -- played slightly more than 12 minutes Thursday, had one shot on net and was discouraged by the condition of his knee. "It wasn't good," Rucinsky said. "I thought it was going to be a lot better." Wearing a brace didn't affect him, he said, but there was "discomfort with everything," during the game and he was uncertain about playing Saturday.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...orts-headlines

If i were the Rangers I wouldn't play him until his knee is a 100% or close to it. The Rangers have the depth to withstand his injury and give him the proper rest. What concerns me is that a few other players are banged up.

Old
12-03-2005, 01:18 AM
eco's bones

I agree SOS.

Old
12-03-2005, 03:15 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
problem being they said or he said in the pre game the other night that the docs said he wouldn't be 100% for 6 months or more, and he said something like "well I can't do that"

Old
12-03-2005, 03:37 AM
Balej20*

At this point, the question is...can he hurt it any worse if he plays...If the answer is no, he may just have to suck it up and play with it. He honestly didn't play very badly against the Pens. I thought he showed some nice jump at times.

Old
12-03-2005, 07:44 AM
shoothepuck

He looked ok in the pens game but he seems to be tentative, with one game back. If he isn't 100%, then he shouldn't play. He should take more time and get used to playing with the brace, and come back after a few more games and practices.

Old
12-03-2005, 07:53 AM
Melrose_Jr.

He definitely didn't look 100%. Maybe a day off and then work him into the lineup a little slower?

Old
12-03-2005, 08:31 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
"I couldn't really push off," said Rucinsky, who wore a knee brace for the first time in his career. "It wasn't good. I thought I would do a lot better than I did in the game. I'll see how I feel (today)"
http://www.nyjournalnews.com/apps/pb...512030353/1108

Old
12-03-2005, 09:31 AM
True Blue

[QUOTE=Son of SteinbrennerIf i were the Rangers I wouldn't play him until his knee is a 100% or close to it. The Rangers have the depth to withstand his injury and give him the proper rest. What concerns me is that a few other players are banged up.[/QUOTE]
I have to agree. The team did quite well with him out of the lineup. Rucinsky has been one of the better forwards, but if this team is serious about making any kind of playoff run, then they are better off not playing him until he is at least pain free. Playing at 60% is going to do nothing. Rucinsky should rest another two weeks, IMO. That would give him enough time to rehad and get enough skating done so that he feels comfortable.
As for the other injuries, only two are noteworthy. We all know about Rucchin's back. That may be another player I would consider giving more time to. The big one is Jagr's hip. Were I Renney, I would also consider giving someone like him a night off against the Washingtons of the world.
Speaking of being banged up, playing teams like the Caps is not going to make you healthier. In their building, they are going to try to bang the Rangers out of existence. With Ortmeyer back tonight, I would give serious thougth to sitting a less-than healthy Rucinsky and dressing Orr. If the team does not show any type of response to the hitting, the Caps are only going to get more encouraged to take runs. With Jagr less than 100% already, the opposing team has to know that any and all hits on him, will be given out likewise to Ovechkin. My guess is that if any hit on Jagr is matched by a hit on Ovechkin, the Caps may think twice before running our top players.

Old
12-03-2005, 10:10 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

This is a tough decision. Rucinsky is a big part of this team, they really, really could use his scoring even at 60% with the lack scoring depth we have seen so far, and Hossa not getting it going yet. But I also dont want Rucinsky to make it worse and lose him for maybe the year. His doctors said it will be 6 months before he's a 100%, and Rooch shows character by not sitting out. He wants to play, he wants to help this team make the playoffs. I always thought Rucinsky was the type of player who would be on and off in terms of effort. But this has changed my viewing a little bit. He's trying is best to get back in the lineup. He said it'll take him some time before he gets back in the flow of things.

You could say, well there playing the Caps so why not sit and rest him. But on the other hand, its the Caps so why not let him play against a less talented team and try and get back in the flow of things by playing them. Though if he cant push off then he shouldnt be playing.

Old
12-03-2005, 10:11 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy
If we new this a few days ago wouldn't Huselius have be an attractive pick-up? Who would you rather have.. Marty at 70% or Huselius at 100%.??

Old
12-03-2005, 10:16 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch
You could say, well there playing the Caps so why not sit and rest him. But on the other hand, its the Caps so why not let him play against a less talented team and try and get back in the flow of things by playing them. Though if he cant push off then he shouldnt be playing.
It is early December. If this team is serious about any type of playoff run, it would be far better to let Rucinsky recuperate for another few weeks, until he can at least push off his knee without substantial pain.

"If we new this a few days ago wouldn't Huselius have be an attractive pick-up? Who would you rather have.. Marty at 70% or Huselius at 100%.??"

And what happens when all are heathy latter on?

Old
12-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Man I wish he would just rest some more, it's not like we're desparate to get him back in the lineup....6 game win streak w/o Rucinsky?? Hello??

It'd be great to have him and his scoring back but honestly we're doing fine without him, and as others have mentioned, we can afford to give the man some more time off.

Old
12-03-2005, 04:21 PM
RANGERDIEHARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
problem being they said or he said in the pre game the other night that the docs said he wouldn't be 100% for 6 months or more, and he said something like "well I can't do that"
What he ment by I can't do that is that he will not sit out for 6 months.

Old
12-03-2005, 10:59 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Maybe the Rangers should call up Dawes. They need scoring on the second line, not Nieminen, a 3rd/4th line player.

Closed Thread