HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Teams we want to win.

Closed Thread

Old
10-12-2003, 06:09 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Teams we want to win.

I mentioned this to 7NA at the Preds game but in West vs. West matchups, we want these teams to win in regulation every time they don't play each other.

Colorado
Detroit
St. Louis
Vancouver
Dallas

Why? These teams will undoubtedly finish ahead of Nashville in the final standings. Whether they are 30 points ahead of us or 15, it matters not. The best possible scenerio is that they win every single non-Predator western conference matchup that they play. When they best someone other than the other 4 teams listed, and Nashville, they are beating a team we are fighting positionally with.

So when Colorado plays Phoenix, go Avs. When Detroit plays Minnesota, go Wings and when St. Louis plays Anaheim, go Blues. It's going to be hard to do, but if those 5 teams are very, very successful in the games I have specified, it significantly increases the Preds chances of being playoff bound.

Old
10-13-2003, 08:36 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I mentioned this to 7NA at the Preds game but in West vs. West matchups, we want these teams to win in regulation every time they don't play each other.

Colorado
Detroit
St. Louis
Vancouver
Dallas

Why? These teams will undoubtedly finish ahead of Nashville in the final standings. Whether they are 30 points ahead of us or 15, it matters not. The best possible scenerio is that they win every single non-Predator western conference matchup that they play. When they best someone other than the other 4 teams listed, and Nashville, they are beating a team we are fighting positionally with.

So when Colorado plays Phoenix, go Avs. When Detroit plays Minnesota, go Wings and when St. Louis plays Anaheim, go Blues. It's going to be hard to do, but if those 5 teams are very, very successful in the games I have specified, it significantly increases the Preds chances of being playoff bound.
It will be really really easy for me to say go Blues. It will be kind of easy to say Go Stars. It will be a little harder to say go AVS. It will be really hard for me to say go Nucks...and I will not say Go wings.

Old
10-13-2003, 09:44 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I catch your meaning. Good point, but I'll echo the sentiment that there are some teams that I have trouble cheering for

Old
10-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I catch your meaning. Good point, but I'll echo the sentiment that there are some teams that I have trouble cheering for
Well, Do it soldier!

Old
10-13-2003, 11:16 AM
Blane Youngblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
It will be really really easy for me to say go Blues. It will be kind of easy to say Go Stars. It will be a little harder to say go AVS. It will be really hard for me to say go Nucks...and I will not say Go wings.
I'm wondering how you pick the teams you like cheering for? I mean if you look at it, the Avs and Canucks play the most exciting hockey in the league and IMO are the easiest teams in the world to cheer for. I must admit though, I am a Canucks fan.

Old
10-13-2003, 01:28 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jin
I'm wondering how you pick the teams you like cheering for? I mean if you look at it, the Avs and Canucks play the most exciting hockey in the league and IMO are the easiest teams in the world to cheer for. I must admit though, I am a Canucks fan.
You'll never see me root for the Avs or Canucks.

Old
10-13-2003, 02:40 PM
BluesConvert

There is only ONE way I EVER root for the Blues again:

Game 82, Preds hold a 1 point lead over the __________s for the 8th and final playoff spot. Blues are playing the ___________s that evening.

Then, and ONLY then.

/bc

Old
10-13-2003, 03:08 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
Well, Do it soldier!
:mad: Fine

Closed Thread