HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What would it take to get E.Brewer in T.O.?

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2005, 09:59 AM
SFD22

vCash: 500
What would it take to get E.Brewer in T.O.?

What would the Leafs have to give up to get their mitts on Eric Brewer from St. Louis? I like his game and he would be an ideal fit on the Leafs' second pairing with Ken Klee. Keep in mind that he will be an UFA at season's end and unlikely to sign with the soon-to-be rebuilding Blues.

Old
12-03-2005, 10:01 AM
Raging Bull

Ughhh, I wouldn't touch Brewer with a ten foot pole. Since they are rebuilding they would probably want a good young player or a prospect for him, and all of our good young players are too valuable to give away for a UFA at the seasons end. We don't have too many good prospects outside of Rask.

Old
12-03-2005, 10:27 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
good luck

Old
12-03-2005, 10:29 AM
Ogopogo*

Please get Brewer to Toronto.

Please.

Old
12-03-2005, 01:57 PM
Rafters

just an outside observer but St. Louis would want young players...my guess
1)Coaliacovo and Stajan or 2)Steen

Old
12-03-2005, 02:09 PM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
i could see carlo and poni or carlo and tucker being fair.. but i don't want to move carlo... unless brewer is signing in july, st.louis would probably ask too much for me

Old
12-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
Why are you adamant on the Leafs trading for anyone right now, SFD?

Old
12-03-2005, 02:20 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by andora
i could see carlo and poni or carlo and tucker being fair.. but i don't want to move carlo... unless brewer is signing in july, st.louis would probably ask too much for me
Assuming Brewer is a UFA after this season (the raging debate on that belongs in another thread - and has been debated here at HF for the last 3-4 months), the more likely scenario would be a prospect and futures - a high pick if Brewer signs on after 2005-06, a low pick if he doesn't. If Steen was the prospect coming the other way, I'd take a conditional mid-round pick and be done...but I don't see Steen being offered. I'd have to know who was and who wasn't on the table from Toronto's POV before I could make a solid offer from our end.

We don't want Tucker. Period.

12-03-2005, 02:23 PM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFD22
What would the Leafs have to give up to get their mitts on Eric Brewer from St. Louis? I like his game and he would be an ideal fit on the Leafs' second pairing with Ken Klee. Keep in mind that he will be an UFA at season's end and unlikely to sign with the soon-to-be rebuilding Blues.
Isn't he also sidelined for the rest of the year?

Old
12-03-2005, 02:26 PM
mooseOAK*

Some people still seem to be under the impression that Eric Brewer is some kind of impact player.

That train left a long time ago.

Old
12-03-2005, 02:26 PM
CloudReader

What are the chances he signs with the Blues during the summer? Does he like it in St. Louis? If the Blues are about to lose him anyways...

Old
12-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudReader
What are the chances he signs with the Blues during the summer? Does he like it in St. Louis? If the Blues are about to lose him anyways...
No idea. I honestly don't know right now. He was expected to be out 4-8 weeks when he was hurt on the 17th, so that would make it 2-6 weeks or so. I haven't heard anything on his progress since the injury - but he definitely wasn't expected to be out the rest of the year.

Old
12-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Irish Blues

Add: this is why Blues fans are saying that Brewer is *NOT* a UFA after this season.

http://www.belleville.com/mld/bellev...printstory.jsp

Quote:
"We haven't lived a day in St. Louis and haven't played a game there," Brewer said Tuesday in a telephone interview from Vancouver, where he is training with Team Canada. "I hope it's not a bad start there. I've played off a one-year (contract) before, it's really not a big deal. I think everyone was open to see how it would work and to see if it made sense for everybody. The Blues still have me for two years."

While both sides could still hash out a new contract, Brewer would become a restricted free agent if nothing changes.

Old
12-03-2005, 02:56 PM
SFD22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scugs
Why are you adamant on the Leafs trading for anyone right now, SFD?
The current roster has no hope in doing any damage in the post season. They either have to upgrade the defence big time or go for broke offensively and target a winger that puts up big points. Belfour, Sundin, McCabe, Lindros and Allison will not be productive forever.

Closed Thread