HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

It's Official by NHL - Chara Suspended & Murray Fined

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2005, 12:19 PM
ILuvLA

vCash: 500
It's Official by NHL - Chara Suspended & Murray Fined

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...03_120734_5460

Old
12-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Serves him right.

Old
12-03-2005, 12:47 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
nice to see Colin Campbell set the (double) standard here (see: Gretzky, Wayne/Doan, Shane.)

Old
12-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Reaper45

Doan should've been suspended too, but Chara lined up out of position, ignored the puck, and skated at Gleason with one thing on his mind.

Old
12-03-2005, 12:52 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Doan should've been suspended too, but Chara lined up out of position, ignored the puck, and skated at Gleason with one thing on his mind.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I agree 101%, but I am disgusted at Colie for playing favorites with his friend Weiner...

It's in the book. ENFORCE IT.

Old
12-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Oh, don't get me wrong. I agree 101%, but I am disgusted at Colie for playing favorites with his friend Weiner...

It's in the book. ENFORCE IT.
Yep, but you know, he coached Gretz in NY so it's that whole thing.

Old
12-03-2005, 01:37 PM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
nice to see Colin Campbell set the (double) standard here (see: Gretzky, Wayne/Doan, Shane.)
And remember what we said in that thread... it's only a matter of time before Chara appeals with the argument "I am like Doan because...". Ugh!

12-03-2005, 05:31 PM
Osprey

I'm confident that this would not have happened if the Doan incident hadn't happened. Campbell caught a lot of flak after that decision and was afraid to look even more foolish. Chara and Murray would've been the ones to get the pass if they were the first decision to be made. It's a definite double-standard, but at least Campbell is making the right call on this one.

Old
12-04-2005, 03:45 AM
Heatley4Hart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
it's only a matter of time before Chara appeals with the argument "I am like Doan because...". Ugh!
Doan is a grinder, Chara is arguably the best defenceman in the game and a Norris trophy candidate.

If anything, he should of been let off the hook if it came down to star power. And you must think anyone who sends out their best player over the boards who plays 30 mins a night to fbeat up Tim Gleason is an idiot. That is why I am thinking Chara was seeing red after seeing kings Jeff Cowan get brave all of a sudden and take on a non fighter when Neil and McGrattan was no longer in the game (yes the same McGrattan that was chasing him an bullying him all over the ice while Cowan was avoiding him at every turn). Chara is known to go ape on guys at times, like that Montreal 6-5 265 lb tough guy Ratitis Ivanans who he broke his orbital bone and gave him a concussion with 2 punches after he hit Alfredsson. Gleason did a smart think and burried his face. At least Chara went after the toughest guy on the kings out there. I know Gleas and even though he might not be a monster like Chara, he is one tough sob kid. Ottawa should of never traded him for a spare part like Smoke.

Do I think Chara deseves the suspension? Hell yeah, if you go by rile 56 a. Do I think he did the wrong thing there, hell no. Ott might still over power Florida minus their their top 2 defenceman (Chara and Redden) and one of their top players up front in Havlat. So at the end of the night it might be a mute point. If Ott drops a point or 2, it means nothing to LA wheter they win the east by 17 pts of 15 pts.

Doan who cleaned Vishnevsky's nose in the last seconds deserved to be suspended as well. Campell is a gutless puke because he didn't have the balz to fine cinderella 10 Gs and suspend his player.

Old
12-04-2005, 08:14 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatley4Hart
Doan is a grinder, Chara is arguably the best defenceman in the game and a Norris trophy candidate.
Doan is a PF. He might not be a star player, but he's one of best Coyotes and most complete Coyote.

Quote:
Ottawa should of never traded him for a spare part like Smoke.
I think that Gleason wasn't willing to play for the Sens and the team didn't needed a distraction. Smoke might not be the best player, but he's pretty serviceable for the Sens.

Old
12-05-2005, 06:51 AM
Kick

OTTAWA (CP) - Ottawa defenceman Zdeno Chara might have one less game to play and be a little lighter in the wallet, but he has no regrets about his fight late in Friday night's game versus the Los Angeles Kings that resulted in his one-game suspension and a $10,000 fine to Senators coach Bryan Murray.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=145724&hubname=

Old
12-05-2005, 02:03 PM
sensruletheworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKen48
OTTAWA (CP) - Ottawa defenceman Zdeno Chara might have one less game to play and be a little lighter in the wallet, but he has no regrets about his fight late in Friday night's game versus the Los Angeles Kings that resulted in his one-game suspension and a $10,000 fine to Senators coach Bryan Murray.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=145724&hubname=

ALL SENS fans LOVE this suspension and FINE....bring it on. For years Jacques marting let us get pushed around and didnt stand up for our star players..... Murray is a breathe of FREASH air.....round here!!! Mcgrattan has already became one of the fan favourites .......

Old
12-05-2005, 02:46 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensruletheworld
ALL SENS fans LOVE this suspension and FINE....bring it on. For years Jacques marting let us get pushed around and didnt stand up for our star players..... Murray is a breathe of FREASH air.....round here!!! Mcgrattan has already became one of the fan favourites .......
You know, teams and coaches can be both tough AND classy. Tough and classless is nothing to toot a horn about.

- T

Old
12-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV
You know, teams and coaches can be both tough AND classy. Tough and classless is nothing to toot a horn about.

- T
Concur with this post.

I wanted to Sens to win the cup before Friday night. Now, I just think of them as a bunch of cheapshot artists. I hope they all contract Bryan Murray's lisp.

Old
12-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Concur with this post.

I wanted to Sens to win the cup before Friday night. Now, I just think of them as a bunch of cheapshot artists. I hope they all contract Bryan Murray's lisp.
I hate the Leafs and Flyers, but I know who I'll be cheering for when one of them meet the Sens in the playoffs.

Old
12-05-2005, 05:31 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
Concur with this post.

You didn't want the Kings to win the cup?

Old
12-05-2005, 05:37 PM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
I hate the Leafs and Flyers, but I know who I'll be cheering for when one of them meet the Sens in the playoffs.
you'll be cheering for the refs?

12-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
you'll be cheering for the refs?

Old
12-05-2005, 09:03 PM
Heatley4Hart*

Did I mention Campbell’s (you know Gretzky) gutless one game suspension to Chara for beating down Gleason and breaking his nose was of no consequence and meaningless tonight? Ottawa kicked Florida 6-3 easily without Chara, Redden, and Havlat.

Hope Gleas nose is ok. Complain to Coward err Cowan for avoiding McGrattan, Neil, and Chara and deciding to tune a pacifist

Old
12-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Did I mention Campbell’s (you know Gretzky) gutless one game suspension to Chara for beating down Gleason and breaking his nose was of no consequence and meaningless tonight? Ottawa kicked Florida 6-3 easily without Chara, Redden, and Havlat.

Hope Gleas nose is ok. Complain to Coward err Cowan for avoiding McGrattan, Neil, and Chara and deciding to tune a pacifist
Dude, you're still going on over this? Get over it.

And where did you hear that Gleason broke his nose?

Old
12-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Heatley4Hart*

Quote:
And where did you hear that Gleason broke his nose?
On the radio by Montreal media.

Anyways I've seen Mr. Chara getting some early Christmas shopping done

Take that Campbell lol

Old
12-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
On the radio by Montreal media.

Anyways I've seen Mr. Chara getting some early Christmas shopping done

Take that Campbell lol
Because that's awfully reliable. I wouldn't believe it until someone from L.A. says so.

Old
12-06-2005, 12:26 AM
Haik

Quote:

Bingo! The Sens were one of my favorite "other" teams to cheer for but I'm gonna be soooo happy when they lose to the leafs or Flyers.

Old
12-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogbert
You didn't want the Kings to win the cup?
Of course, but I also root for a handful of other "back up" teams if the Kings are eliminated

Closed Thread