HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alexei Yemelin

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2005, 01:04 PM
jacklours

vCash: 500
Alexei Yemelin

I was wondering what was going on with this. Him being outside the country makes it hard for me to get any news on him. Anyone knows how well he's doing?

I went on hockeys future and he wasn't even in the top 20 prospect from their point of view. However that kid was a 2nd rounder so there must have been something good to his game. Anyone can provide some information.

Thank you

Old
12-03-2005, 01:26 PM
MasterD

I'm just pointing out that I'm pretty sure he was a 3rd rounder...

Anyways, I don't have any news for you sorry

Old
12-03-2005, 01:40 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours
I was wondering what was going on with this. Him being outside the country makes it hard for me to get any news on him. Anyone knows how well he's doing?

I went on hockeys future and he wasn't even in the top 20 prospect from their point of view. However that kid was a 2nd rounder so there must have been something good to his game. Anyone can provide some information.

Thank you
Read the posts in the prospects section and check out some of the links to the performance of the Habs prospects

Old
12-03-2005, 01:54 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

I could tell you that he played 27 of 29 Lada Togliatti games and that he has two goals three assists and 61 pim

Last edited by habsprospects: 12-03-2005 at 03:09 PM.
Old
12-03-2005, 02:15 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Yemelin is having a career year in the Super league with Lada despite being only 19. he leads the team in pims and was 2nd in pts but only because the top 7 scorers on the team all left last month as the team announced it was having major financial problems and had to cut the payroll by 50% He's a very aggressive, physical defensemen, would be great if they can get him over here next summer but it remains to be seen if they will be able to get him out of Russia or not. There was a strong rumor this summer that he was going to leave Lada to play in the CHL after seeing very limited ice time last season but it never happened and it turned out to be good for him since he's worked his way up from the bottom pairing to the 2nd pairing. (in Russia they often dress 8 denfensemen)
from Hamilton Bulldogs Forum

Old
12-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50
I could tell you that he played all Lada Togliatti games and that he has two goals three assists and 61 pim

Played 25 out of 28 games. 2 goals 4 assists.. best stats of all Lada d's .. +8, best of all Lada.

Was named best D at the Stupino U20 tournament.

Old
12-03-2005, 02:36 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

He's now got 81 pims this year in 27 games!

He was just recently named 3rd star in a game last week, has been moved up to the 2nd pairing it appears although I'm going off reports from others in Russia. I got to see him play once with Lada in the championship game against Markov (Markov played great btw) and while he didn't play a ton you could see how aggressive he plays as he threw a guy into the boards getting a penalty of course!

Look forward to seeing him at the wjc's, as I can't see Lada not letting him go, despite the fact that they likely are very short on bodies with the loss of so many top players last month.

He leads the D in scoring for the team and he leads the entire team in pims. Not bad for only 19 years old. Will be very interesting if they can get him signed this summer, would like to see him and O'Byrne in Hamilton at some point.

Old
12-03-2005, 02:58 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

I've followed him game-by-game in phl.ru scoreboxe and I've 28 gp 2g 3p 5 pts and 61 pim

Okay little mistake with GP, I've also 27

Just finish re-looking every score boxes, still count 2 goals, 3 assists and 61 pim

Last edited by habsprospects: 12-03-2005 at 03:25 PM.
Old
12-03-2005, 03:40 PM
RussianProspects

Guys,

He is enjoying a very solid season and has begun to play with more confidence at the Super League levels. That was one of the bigger knocks is that he was man handled a bit too much at the U20 WJC last year and for a "physical" defenseman that is not good. U20 was the top level he ever played, since he only saw marginal minutes for Lada. This year everything is different. With the departure of the veteran defensive corps (Max Semenov, Dima Vorobiev being the main losses, but I believe Yakhanov, Titov and some others are also gone), Emelin has a enjoyed a lot more responsibility and he has handled it well. He hasn't grown any - but he has started to played quicker hockey and improved positionally. You were lucky to draft him in the 3rd round.

Oh, btw I don't like going into stats, as they may tell a completely different story from the truth, but I do understand when there is little data, stats are often all you got. For example - even the most gifted offensive defenseman would have no goals or assists for a guy like Petr Vorobiev, as he chastises blue liners for joining in on the rush.

Old
12-03-2005, 03:46 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50
I've followed him game-by-game in phl.ru scoreboxe and I've 28 gp 2g 3p 5 pts and 61 pim

Okay little mistake with GP, I've also 27

Just finish re-looking every score boxes, still count 2 goals, 3 assists and 61 pim

I go by his stats from metallurg.ru which has him at 81 pims. I know he got a bunch of pims at the end of a game last week.

http://www.metallurg.ru/base/player/5251/

Old
12-03-2005, 03:48 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

for my part, if I'm going with the stats, it's only because I've a web site of Habs Prospects

Old
12-03-2005, 03:53 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianProspects
Guys,

He is enjoying a very solid season and has begun to play with more confidence at the Super League levels. That was one of the bigger knocks is that he was man handled a bit too much at the U20 WJC last year and for a "physical" defenseman that is not good. U20 was the top level he ever played, since he only saw marginal minutes for Lada. This year everything is different. With the departure of the veteran defensive corps (Max Semenov, Dima Vorobiev being the main losses, but I believe Yakhanov, Titov and some others are also gone), Emelin has a enjoyed a lot more responsibility and he has handled it well. He hasn't grown any - but he has started to played quicker hockey and improved positionally. You were lucky to draft him in the 3rd round.

Oh, btw I don't like going into stats, as they may tell a completely different story from the truth, but I do understand when there is little data, stats are often all you got. For example - even the most gifted offensive defenseman would have no goals or assists for a guy like Petr Vorobiev, as he chastises blue liners for joining in on the rush.

Thanks for the info, it's good to hear that he's playing better. I was concerned about how the loss of so many players would effect him but it's very good to hear that he's doing well. Is he still being paired up with Kruchinin? I thought I read that Kruchinin was going to leave but I guess I read or heard wrong cause he didn't leave. I have seen that they were paired together early on this season, just wondering.

I hope to see him come over next year or the year after, would be great to see him over here to see what he can do.

Old
12-03-2005, 06:54 PM
RussianProspects

I think he is being paired up with Kruchinin. Kruchinin stayed for more ice time and a guarantied spot. Yes, Lada lost 50% of funding, but it's not like they lost all of their funding, so they can still afford to pay some of their players. Buturlin stuck around also, as did some other veterans.

Old
12-04-2005, 09:52 AM
jacklours

Thanks a lot to you guys, I'm glad he's doing well over there in Russia. COnsidering how thin we are on D I thought it would hurt pretty bad if that guy was out of the picture.

Old
12-04-2005, 03:19 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
O'byrne + Emelin = Good, people are going to be like who the hell is that in the future and we will smile

Old
12-04-2005, 09:26 PM
HappyFan

I think the organization really needs both Yemelin and Korneev to make the jump over to north-america. Right now the defensive depth is hurting.

Does anyone know if either will ever come over from Russia?

Old
12-05-2005, 12:55 AM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
HappyFan, I wouldn't bet on it.

They are organizing a new pro league in Russia (Vyacheslav Fetisov, now Russia's minister of sports, is at the helm of the project) that will keep many players around with higher wages, a developmental system with drafts like the NHL has for Russian players, etc... The EAHL is the name of the league, Europe-Asia Hockey League.

From memory, I know that Red Army CSKA, Spartak, Severstal, Khimik and Ak Bars Kazan are on board for it along with some teams from the old USRR republics (E.G.: Kiev and Minsk). But I know that not all teams from the RSL are in it, I think I'd remember if Lada was on there and I don't think they are, same with Dynamo, Lokomotiv and Metallurg.

It's up in the air, but I say no, and I say stay away from drafting Russians. Draft Scandinavians, draft Czechs, Slovaks, Germans...stay away from the Russians. They might no longer bother leaving anymore.

Somebody mentionned Buturlin, he was our top pick the year he was drafted, and I don't even think he ever even showed up at a training camp.

Old
12-05-2005, 12:58 AM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
Or we can draft these guys.

Quote:
Usual suspect Juan Jose Palacin even went as far as hitting a linesman in the testicles with his stick, while Guillermo Lope grabbed another official's collar.
Palacin had already been involved in a comparable event 3 years ago: he hadn't physically harmed any official, but his insubordination had necessitated the intervention of the police right onto the ice to avoid a riot.
LATIIIIINO....HEAT! From the Spain-based Copa Del Rey league! Palacin and Lope are winners in my book.

Old
12-05-2005, 04:59 PM
Nobak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent
HappyFan, I wouldn't bet on it.

Somebody mentionned Buturlin, he was our top pick the year he was drafted, and I don't even think he ever even showed up at a training camp.
At least he was just second round. It still stings, though.

Closed Thread