HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Suggestion on game-day threads

View Poll Results: Change format of Game-Day Threads?
Have a Pre-Game, Game, and Post-Game Thread 26 49.06%
Keep it the way it is right now 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-11-2003, 01:40 PM
HabsoluteFate

vCash: 500
Suggestion on game-day threads

Perhaps there should be more than one...personally i never read through them im too lazy to read through 4 pages of the stuff...

Perhaps we should have a Pre-Game thread, A Game Thread for during the game, and a Post-Game thread...

Old
10-11-2003, 03:53 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I agree those posts are a real mess.

Old
10-11-2003, 05:03 PM
SUOMI

I don't see any problem the way it is right now...

Old
10-11-2003, 05:47 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Lol, i think it's fine, just click on the pages, it would be more hassle to have to goto 3 different boards anyway, think about it.
not boards...threads
Pre-Game thread is to talk about the upcoming game, any injuries or line combinations for the game...

Game thread is to talk about whats going on in the game

Post-Game thread....ummm that one could be nixed...

Old
10-11-2003, 06:22 PM
Orange

I like the way it is. No need to clutter the board with threads that have the same purpose.

Old
10-11-2003, 10:34 PM
habsfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
I like the way it is. No need to clutter the board with threads that have the same purpose.
I agree... those game threads are a mess
M-E-S-S!

Old
10-12-2003, 01:34 AM
Mike8

I'd agree they're a mess. Making three threads for a game seems a bit much, but taking a look at the 200 or so posts that clutter up each game thread we have, it seems like a necessity.

On the other hand, we could just ask some people who enjoy making a new post on any new thought that comes into their mind (hello, Mike Komisarek!) to find the edit button.

Old
10-12-2003, 06:32 AM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
I think having the three different threads would be a good idea, because that saves alot of bother depending on what you're looking for. I'm all for tidying up the game threads!

Old
10-12-2003, 07:19 AM
Patty Roy

Three threads is too much for one game.

I would want it kept the way it is now, or at most have two threads...one for the pre-game/game and one for the post-game discussion.

Old
10-12-2003, 07:22 AM
Orange

I think we need to tidy up the current thread rather than creating 3 equaly messy threads ...

Quote:
to find the edit button.
Yes, more of the edit button please ! That would be a good start at making the thread more tidy. Having one person responsible for updating the score would help too rather than have seven consecutive posts saying some1 scored ...

Old
10-12-2003, 11:28 PM
habsfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
On the other hand, we could just ask some people who enjoy making a new post on any new thought that comes into their mind (hello, Mike Komisarek!) to find the edit button.

nice!

Old
10-13-2003, 02:25 AM
Medicine Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
I think we need to tidy up the current thread rather than creating 3 equaly messy threads ...
I agree totally!! Just have an After-Game thread and that's it. I don't need to know everyones predictions... if you want regular updates on the game there's ESPN.com, NHL.com, internet radio broadcasts, TV, etc..

Old
10-13-2003, 07:43 AM
Corey

Three threads would become as messy as a single one unless posters minimize their comments and, above all, not insert lengthy quotes that are in turn requoted. These redundant quotes appear in too many threads, not just the game-day.

Old
10-13-2003, 10:43 AM
Rand

It seems to me that using multiple threads/game merely serves to disorganize an already crowded board.
The topics are similar enough that they could easily be covered by one thread.
It would also create more work for your Mod's should a troll happen by, which I'm guessing isn't exactly an unusual occurance.

On the plus side, it would be considerably easier to carry on multiple individual topics of conversation spread out between the threads then grouped within one thread that may well have a dozen posters all discussing very different aspects of the game.

I suspect after a few weeks the first page on your board would likely be filled lmost entirely with game threads though.
I doubt most would care for flipping through multiple pages to find the more recent non-game related threads.

10-14-2003, 07:18 AM
patp77

Why not just add a folder inside the Montreal Canadiens section called "Game Day Threads" and from there, separate the game day threads into 3 (pregame, game, postgame). That way, the main page won't be cluttered with game threads and those of us who want to read about the post game only or read about the game itself can choose which thread to look in.

Makes more sense to me but not sure about the rest of you. Whether it makes it easier or harder for admins is probably the bigger question though.

Old
10-14-2003, 07:51 AM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by patp77
Why not just add a folder inside the Montreal Canadiens section called "Game Day Threads" and from there, separate the game day threads into 3 (pregame, game, postgame). That way, the main page won't be cluttered with game threads and those of us who want to read about the post game only or read about the game itself can choose which thread to look in.

Makes more sense to me but not sure about the rest of you. Whether it makes it easier or harder for admins is probably the bigger question though.
Sounds like someone out there has already made changes...theres a pre-game thread on right now....

Old
10-14-2003, 08:32 AM
patp77

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate
Sounds like someone out there has already made changes...theres a pre-game thread on right now....
Yeah.. I saw that. I really like the idea of separating the game threads into 3 but I still think game threads should be kept in their own folder to prevent the main discussion page from getting cluttered with game day threads.

Old
10-14-2003, 10:33 AM
Habber

I like the idea of different threads. I like to watch the game and have some good discussions after the game but I hate sifting through 5 pages of

Ribs takes a shot

Hainsey gets a shift

Perrault is wiping his nose

I personally don't think these posts are necesary, as anyone sitting infront of a computer can be listening to the game for themselves. Maybe it's just cause I'm spoiled and get all the games on TV but I'd rather focus my attention on watching the game than be bothered with posting during it.

Old
10-14-2003, 10:57 AM
Darz

I personally would like to see a pregame/game and post game thread as Patty Roy eluded to. I think the pregame/game thread could be closed right after the game that way.

Just my two cents.

Old
10-14-2003, 12:25 PM
Medicine Twin

Just get rid of the pre-game and during-game threads!!!
All we need is the post-game.

Why not...
... pregame? Serves no purpose. We don't need to hear predictions, none of us are psychic and none of us consistantly make good ones... they mean nothing. We're Habs fans... 95% of the predictions have the Habs winning every game anyways and the "flavor of the month" player scoring 1-5 goals. I also don't need to be told by Habs fans that they are excited about the upcoming game... stating the obvious. Besides, there are already lots of pre-game threads... they're pretty much all the threads that are started after one game ends and before the other begins.

... during-game? Serves no purpose. If you can get this far on the internet, you can just as easily go to NHL.com, sports.ESPN.go.com/nhl/, etc. for regular updates. Or listen to online radio broadcasts of the game. Or just turn on the TV and watch the game. I don't know about you guys but, during the game, I'm not on HFboards... I prefer to be watching the game.

The only valuable discussion is post-game. Where we talk about who played well, who didn't, which players performed well together, what the Habs need to focus on next game.

STICKY the "Spotlight On" threads...

Old
10-14-2003, 12:47 PM
Mathieu Lavergne
AKA Saku K.

Send a message via ICQ to Mathieu Lavergne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
I personally would like to see a pregame/game and post game thread as Patty Roy eluded to. I think the pregame/game thread could be closed right after the game that way.

Just my two cents.
This is exactly how I see it and it will happen that way. I think this will satisfy the biggest number of posters.

However, moderators don't live on the board so I hope if we aren't here to close/sticky/manage every threads and such, we won't hear people whining.

Closed Thread