HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

3 min total for kost and perez

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-03-2005, 11:12 PM
  #26
All-Star
Registered User
 
All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Snake Mountain
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy
If Kovalchuk had been drafted by MTL, he might still be in the minors learning about his defensive game...
Atlanta: 26 10 13 3

Montreal: 27 15 7 5

Next!

All-Star is offline  
Old
12-03-2005, 11:33 PM
  #27
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taupy
If Perez's not getting ice time, then he must kick his *** in the practice and other thing like that. I don't see him giving an extra gear like before, I don't see him backcheck like in the beginning of the season. When he'll give more effort, he'll get more icetime.
Go back to ballet Forums... Clarinette fans not allowed here.

Really though, you don't watch hockey, you listen hockey.

Slick Nick is offline  
Old
12-03-2005, 11:36 PM
  #28
Malakhov
Registered User
 
Malakhov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Martinique
Posts: 3,426
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy
If Kovalchuk had been drafted by MTL, he might still be in the minors learning about his defensive game...

This is how this organization treats offensive players. And you wonder why we haven't had a 100-point scorer since Mats Naslund...
So true, so true...

Malakhov is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 12:10 AM
  #29
paddy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
Atlanta: 26 10 13 3

Montreal: 27 15 7 5

Next!

What a smart point you just made there!

paddy is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 12:15 AM
  #30
paddy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 584
vCash: 500
By the way, what happened to all the posters who were saying that some here were stupid for complaining that Kost didn't play much in his first game because the only reason was that "he played 3 games in 3 nights and didn't practice with the team yet and yati yati yata..."?

paddy is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 12:23 AM
  #31
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,755
vCash: 500
You know what the sad thing is? These two are gonna bust in Montreal and be dealt for conditional draft picks and marginal prospects. And once they get out of Montreal, watch them light it up. Julien and Gainey just don't get it sometimes. When you have offensively gifted players, you don't expect them to be Jere Lehtinen types. They're there to put points on the board, not be defensive stalwarts. Let the boys play and show what they can do or move them. I'll never understand when a team tries to stifle an offensively gifted player and take that creative part of their game away just so that they can back check. Please, that's what checkers and defensive defensemen are for.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 12:25 AM
  #32
Ape Clutch
Registered User
 
Ape Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Haiti
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Perezhogin Hockey's Futrure Scouting Report:

Another great upside of Perezhogin is his constant determination and his work ethic. Vladimir Plyuschev, head coach of the gold winning 2001 U18 World Junior Championships Russian Team (and now head coach of the Russian U20 Junior program) describes Alexander Perezhogin’s game as follows:

“Usefullness, an amazing determination and a all out effort. It is unfortunate that not always his efforts turn into goals, he is not always lucky in finishing. Though he was amongst our best in his contribution. I am very happy with Sash [Alex –EB], he is a great guy”.



I don't get it... why do people think he doesn't work hard? His defensive play doesn't suck either, him along with Higgins and Plecanek were always good in Hamilton defensively.

Ape Clutch is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 12:28 AM
  #33
Beatnik
Registered User
 
Beatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,533
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Julien did it because he know the team have a week off. the kids will can play in Hamilton.

We won with a pretty ordinary line up, Julien brang us to victory so i'm happy

Beatnik is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 08:06 AM
  #34
zurg999
Registered User
 
zurg999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by baljitgill
I agree. Can't stress this enough that CJ is killing Perezhogin's development. Taking Bulis and Bonk over him in offensive situations. Absolute stupid. We need more offense and he has it in a player that he chooses to sit on the bench. Just don't get it.
Baljit;

You have a nice site, but please stop with the constant bull**** about Perez. Julien used the three combinations that he thought would give us the best chance of winning. It worked period.

zurg999 is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 08:30 AM
  #35
deandebean
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 8,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye West
Perezhogin Hockey's Futrure Scouting Report:

Another great upside of Perezhogin is his constant determination and his work ethic. Vladimir Plyuschev, head coach of the gold winning 2001 U18 World Junior Championships Russian Team (and now head coach of the Russian U20 Junior program) describes Alexander Perezhogin’s game as follows:

“Usefullness, an amazing determination and a all out effort. It is unfortunate that not always his efforts turn into goals, he is not always lucky in finishing. Though he was amongst our best in his contribution. I am very happy with Sash [Alex –EB], he is a great guy”.



I don't get it... why do people think he doesn't work hard? His defensive play doesn't suck either, him along with Higgins and Plecanek were always good in Hamilton defensively.

I've read the same reports, and that's why I'm perplexed that he's so irresponsible defensively. I saw him work in his own zone the other night against Buffalo with one hand on his stick. Got stripped, and looked like a pee-wee. His zone coverage hasn't been stellar either.

People who think that Perezhogin is a one way scoring machine have to figure out that he's not Ovetchkin. He's been known to be a solid forward, but not a freak. Comparisons are ridiculous.

Kovalchuk had to learn how to play in his own zone. It's part of hockey. I thought people knew that on this board. Looking pretty is not the way to go.

deandebean is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 08:41 AM
  #36
All-Star
Registered User
 
All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Snake Mountain
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy
What a smart point you just made there!
Just pointing out that Montreal's strategy for bringing in prospect slowly wins games when compared to Atlanta's giving them a free reign strategy.

Offense looks pretty, defense wins games...

Perezhogin gets benched because of his surfing high in the zone wainting for the long pass, not because Julien is determined to ruin him. If he starts back-checking consistently and supporting the D, his ice-time will increase. With his speed, Perezhogin has no reason not to be going down low in his zone.

All-Star is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 08:48 AM
  #37
GaineysRightHandMan
Registered User
 
GaineysRightHandMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
Just pointing out that Montreal's strategy for bringing in prospect slowly wins games when compared to Atlanta's giving them a free reign strategy.

Offense looks pretty, defense wins games...
I love it. great point. Nash and Kovalchuk got 100+ pts early in careers but the teams didn't make playoffs. Lets hope Perez has 100 pt in 5th or 6th year

GaineysRightHandMan is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 08:51 AM
  #38
FerrisRox
Registered User
 
FerrisRox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by baljitgill
How many times have you seen Ovechkin back check.
Every single time I watch him play, and I've seen about eight Caps games this year.

Not only does he back check but he back checks hard and effectively.

What was your point?

FerrisRox is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 09:58 AM
  #39
beowulf
Poster of the Year!
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,641
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso
if kostitsyn is not going to play 10mins a game then he should be in hamilton and they should have called up lapierre.

you dont make ur top prospect sit on the bench, bad for development.
Bad for development and also bad for his moral. Most be annoying and bored sitting on the bench all game. To make things worst he cannot even order a beer and a hot dog

beowulf is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 11:57 AM
  #40
BlueBlancRouge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henri2014
Why did perez(2min31sec) and kost(29 sec) play only 3 min overall?

Comon bulis obviously cannot finish why doesnt julien try to use kost or perez on the first line for more then one shift??
Kost has a rocket of a shot and could be usefull on PP... but claude julien wants to use a defensive specialist on PP instead of trying a young guy who needs a boost of confidence.

I have a feeling Bob Gainey is showcasing guys like Zednik Bulis Ryder and Ribeiro. That's the only reason I can think of why Perez has been getting so little ice time lately?????

BlueBlancRouge is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 12:18 PM
  #41
habsfan92
Registered User
 
habsfan92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999
Baljit;

You have a nice site, but please stop with the constant bull**** about Perez. Julien used the three combinations that he thought would give us the best chance of winning. It worked period.
Yeah, one win in six games.
Big picture-this style does not lead to winning record. There are problems that must be addressed. Another narrow victory (to break a losing skid) thats great, but the goal is to keep winning.
Putting Bonk and Bulis on power plays reduces the chance of scoring, and taking a lead. Defence doesn't win games-it helps to win game&, it only makes it look respectable when you lose.
It more important to score when you have the opportunity, and play the game from a position of strength that makes it easier to win. Having players that do not have the instinct to score makes it difficult to win regularly because you are either tied or losing going into latter stages of the game.

habsfan92 is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 12:30 PM
  #42
Tatay Farlo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: India
Posts: 1,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by zurg999
Baljit;

You have a nice site, but please stop with the constant bull**** about Perez. Julien used the three combinations that he thought would give us the best chance of winning. It worked period.
Its called being a fan. Read the posts, I'm not the only one that thinks this. Your entitled to YOUR opinion and I am to MINE. Live with it.

Tatay Farlo is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 01:02 PM
  #43
sXe
Yuuuuuup!
 
sXe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,718
vCash: 500
God forbid they have to earn their ice time.
Look at how they brought Ribeiro along and that will give you an idea of what to expect for Perez.

Oh, and Ovechkin backchecks hard and dives in front of shots.

sXe is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 01:41 PM
  #44
CHareth
Registered User
 
CHareth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,075
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik
Julien did it because he know the team have a week off. the kids will can play in Hamilton.

We won with a pretty ordinary line up, Julien brang us to victory so i'm happy
Indeed. Cote, Kostitsyn and Murray have all been sent down to Hamilton. As for Perezhogin, the guy's been given plenty of opportunities to play on the top line and also on the PP this year. He'll be sure to get those opportunities again.

CHareth is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 01:58 PM
  #45
zurg999
Registered User
 
zurg999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Brampton ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan92
Yeah, one win in six games.
Big picture-this style does not lead to winning record. There are problems that must be addressed. Another narrow victory (to break a losing skid) thats great, but the goal is to keep winning.
Putting Bonk and Bulis on power plays reduces the chance of scoring, and taking a lead. Defence doesn't win games-it helps to win game&, it only makes it look respectable when you lose.
It more important to score when you have the opportunity, and play the game from a position of strength that makes it easier to win. Having players that do not have the instinct to score makes it difficult to win regularly because you are either tied or losing going into latter stages of the game.
Agreed. And limiting your defensive liability makes as much sense as your point. So the key is the find the balance, especially with key guys out.

And actually, its 2W 2L 2OTL in the last 6, not 1 win in 6 games

This is the record since we cooled off (since the Nov. 16 regulation win against the Lightning):
W-3 L-4 OTL/SOL-4
We've gotten 10 points of a possible 22 and might have had 11 without the two farces against the Leafs. In a good 2/3rds of the losses we played as well or better than the other team and didn't get the bounces.

I think playing 0.500 hockey while missing some key guys is not too bad. At least not bad enough to warrant the whining and doom and gloom around here.

zurg999 is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 03:02 PM
  #46
RLC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Kostitsyn came up for a look see, thats it.
Julien sends him back to Hamilton a bit more motivated to continue to improve. Kostitsyn should begin to show his stuff in Hamilton by now. It's not that he is doing bad in hamilton, it's more the case of show him what the goal is ( getting to the HABS )
Don't get comfortable in north america, be hungery to get to the next level.

Prez has taken a few bad penilties in the last few games. Ofensive zone penilties. Julien is teaching him a lesson with the ice time.
Yes and he does float high a bit too much.

RLC is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 03:32 PM
  #47
SuperUnknown
Registered User
 
SuperUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henri2014
Why did perez(2min31sec) and kost(29 sec) play only 3 min overall?

Comon bulis obviously cannot finish why doesnt julien try to use kost or perez on the first line for more then one shift??
Kost has a rocket of a shot and could be usefull on PP... but claude julien wants to use a defensive specialist on PP instead of trying a young guy who needs a boost of confidence.
Bulis can't finish but he got the GWG... I don't think it's the good time to rant about Bulis...

SuperUnknown is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 03:36 PM
  #48
Anksun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,548
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC
Kostitsyn came up for a look see, thats it.
Julien sends him back to Hamilton a bit more motivated to continue to improve. Kostitsyn should begin to show his stuff in Hamilton by now. It's not that he is doing bad in hamilton, it's more the case of show him what the goal is ( getting to the HABS )
Don't get comfortable in north america, be hungery to get to the next level.

Prez has taken a few bad penilties in the last few games. Ofensive zone penilties. Julien is teaching him a lesson with the ice time.
Yes and he does float high a bit too much.
Thanks, common sense there.

By all accounts, last week, the opinion of 95% of the members of this board was that Kosts was not ready for the nhl yet. 1 week later, he should have gotten 10+ mins???

Kost was called to get a snif of what is the nhl, was told to work hard which would lead him there again sooner than later. It's a common practice in the Habs organization for years to bring the young guys up, give them a little taste of what it is to put a fire under their ***. With the new system, it's not as easy to call a guy up (cap space and all) so they had to used the opportunity (injuries) to call him now (and filled a void in case another player was to go down in the middle of a game).

As for Perezhogin, i agree he should get a bit more ice time, but there something we dont know probably. Imo, the return of Kovalev should lead to an increase in ice time for Perezhogin again later on this month.

We'll see.

Anksun is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 04:11 PM
  #49
saskhab
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Saskatoon
Posts: 994
vCash: 500
I don't neccesarily agree with the 3 line team strategy that Julien employed last night, but I think it was more for this reason: He didn't want to keep juggling lines so that each shift a centreman had different wingers than previously. He decided that Murray (the 4th centre), was not going to play much, if at all, and shortened his bench immediately. For the past four weeks, Julien has juggled the wingers his centremen have had and the team has struggled.

Now, my main concern was that since we inevitably have trouble putting teams away, and are in a dog fight at the end, we would end up in a tie game situation, or down a goal, and have no energy to switch gears and play attacking hockey again. It didn't happen, Theo played well late as the Kings started crashing the net, and we got some spirited performances from guys we don't always expect to give us those.

Perezhogin's ice time was so limited because a) he's the team's 7th winger right now, because he hasn't been producing; and b) because the team went with 3 centremen.

J-P Coté only saw 4+ minutes on the blueline and Garth Murray never played, so Julien was essentially just relying on the regulars. Perezhogin got bumped down a step because of one unique situation.

All that being said, I didn't mind the Bulis-Plekanec-Zednik line. I'm also tempted to keep it as is for when Koivu and Kovy come back.

Perez/Higgins - Koivu - Kovalev
Dags/Perez/Higgins - Ribs - Ryder
Bulis - Pleks - Zed
Begin - Bonk - Sundstrom

saskhab is offline  
Old
12-04-2005, 05:04 PM
  #50
SuperUnknown
Registered User
 
SuperUnknown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 4,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskhab
I don't neccesarily agree with the 3 line team strategy that Julien employed last night, but I think it was more for this reason: He didn't want to keep juggling lines so that each shift a centreman had different wingers than previously. He decided that Murray (the 4th centre), was not going to play much, if at all, and shortened his bench immediately. For the past four weeks, Julien has juggled the wingers his centremen have had and the team has struggled.
The young guys didn't play much because it was a tight game. If Montreal had been a few goals away from the Kings (ahead or behind), I think we would have seen the kids play a bit more (including Murray).

SuperUnknown is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.