Notices

Shootout

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2005, 12:33 AM
wildslip

vCash: 500
Shootout

Why cant we win a shootout come on we have gaborik and bouchard too guys that have moves....

Old
12-04-2005, 01:19 PM
midg14*

Well you the reason why you lost in the shootout yesterday is becuase all three guys took shots instead of deking and they could not get it past broduer

Old
12-04-2005, 01:54 PM
MePutPuckInNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by midg14
Well you the reason why you lost in the shootout yesterday is becuase all three guys took shots instead of deking and they could not get it past broduer
So...you think the reason the Wild couldn't win the shootout is because they couldn't put the puck past the goal tender? WoW. That is brilliant stuff, dude. Thanks for the tremendous insight.

Old
12-04-2005, 02:15 PM
midg14*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet
So...you think the reason the Wild couldn't win the shootout is because they couldn't put the puck past the goal tender? WoW. That is brilliant stuff, dude. Thanks for the tremendous insight.
Nah i said they shot the puck instead of deking. No need for sarcasm idiot

Old
12-04-2005, 06:25 PM
MePutPuckInNet

yeah, sorry - that was unnecessarily rude...i'm so ashamed of me

Old
12-05-2005, 01:58 PM
Wild4BP

It would have helped if they hadn't ended up with such mediocre shots against such a good goaltender!

Old
12-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Shooting the puck is just as good as a deke. It all depends on how far in or out the goalie plays the shooter.

Old
12-05-2005, 03:20 PM
The Big E

I didn't watch the game, but my bro summarized it by saying they tried to go 5 hole on Brodeur. I've been watching Brodeur long enough to know that the opening may look big, but he's tempting them. He's one of the best to ever play the game.

After watching the Columbus game, we deserved to lose because we missed so many chances during regulation. So we've been robbed by COL then couldn't score against Brodeur, that's how it goes. The Wild need to make their luck rather than rely on getting a break. The scoring will come sometime ... right?

The Big E

Old
12-05-2005, 05:11 PM
midg14*

well i don't like the shootout at all. The wild had much better chances then us and it should have ended in a 2-2 tie. For the winner to be decided by a shootout which is basically a skills competition is retarted. It might entertain fans but i still don't like it for the reason above.

Old
12-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big E
I didn't watch the game, but my bro summarized it by saying they tried to go 5 hole on Brodeur. I've been watching Brodeur long enough to know that the opening may look big, but he's tempting them. He's one of the best to ever play the game.

After watching the Columbus game, we deserved to lose because we missed so many chances during regulation. So we've been robbed by COL then couldn't score against Brodeur, that's how it goes. The Wild need to make their luck rather than rely on getting a break. The scoring will come sometime ... right?

The Big E
This is exactly right...last I checked Marty was the best in the business. He's made a living on getting inside shooters heads and letting them think they have something when it's the opposite. If he gives you 5-hole you gotta top shelf him.

Right now we're not playing with a whole lot of confidence offensively...when that's the case, we make Pascal Leclaire look like Marty Brodeur and Marty Brodeur look like...well...Marty Brodeur.

Closed Thread