HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Hitchcock Slams Preds?

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2005, 11:38 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Hitchcock Slams Preds?

Haven't the foggiest clue. Hitch's quote: ''I didn't even notice their team,'' Philadelphia coach Ken Hitchcock said. ''We played great. I was really impressed with our effort. I think we played a heck of a hockey game.''

Now, I thought it was a great game. Both teams played very well. Considering Philly was without Forsberg and Nashville played 5 AHL call-ups (Upshall, Zanon, Klein, Fiddler, Smithson in the lineup for Timonen, Markov, Nichol, Johnson, and Walker), the game was played at a high level. It was physical and fast and there wasn't a huge number of penalties.

Unfortunate that the two teams only play once in the regular season.

David

Old
12-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Jacob

He said the same about Crosby. I think his MO is to try not to give the opposition any credit at all, for whatever reason.

Old
12-03-2005, 11:40 PM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Man, doesn't Hitchcock just make you want to punch him in the head every time he speaks? Even when he's being nice.

Old
12-03-2005, 11:42 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez
Man, doesn't Hitchcock just make you want to punch him in the head every time he speaks? Even when he's being nice.
I might be able to get Havlat to kick him in the nuts...just mabe.

Old
12-03-2005, 11:43 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

He says that when he feels the Flyers played well enough to win but didn't. He's weird like that. It's kind of a deranged way of praising his own team, but he's really not slamming the opposition.

Old
12-03-2005, 11:43 PM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenSk9tSen
I might be able to get Havlat to kick him in the nuts...just mabe.
Post of the night. Hands down.

Maybe Hitch was in the bathroom when the Preds scored those four goals?

Old
12-03-2005, 11:44 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

First he "didn't notice Crosby".

Then he "didn't notice Nashville."

I think it's become apparent that Hitchcock isn't arrogant or ignorant, he's actually just legally blind.

He's a crusader amongst the visually challenged. Like Jacques Demers, he's trying to hide his handicap to the best of his ability.

I feel sorry for the poor chap.

Old
12-03-2005, 11:47 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingle
Post of the night. Hands down.

Maybe Hitch was in the bathroom when the Preds scored those four goals?

Nah, probobly the buffet.

Old
12-03-2005, 11:49 PM
arrbez
bad chi

Send a message via MSN to arrbez
Quote:
He does claim to have notice Kieth Tkachuk however, as a violent brawl broke out between them near the chicken wings

Old
12-03-2005, 11:49 PM
DJ Spinoza

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil

I think it's become apparent that Hitchcock isn't arrogant or ignorant, he's actually just legally blind.

He's a crusader amongst the visually challenged. Like Jacques Demers, he's trying to hide his handicap to the best of his ability.

I feel sorry for the poor chap.
Agreed. Maybe his team losing both games had a little bit to do with not noticing other teams or their players.

Old
12-03-2005, 11:52 PM
pit

Quote:

Maybe, just maybe, this is Hitch's way of making sure his team is held accountable for a loss. Instead of praising the other team or players, it's a subtle way of saying "Well, if my team lost and I didn't see them being beat, they must have done something to cause themselves to lose, let's find out what that is".

Old
12-03-2005, 11:55 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pit
Maybe, just maybe, this is Hitch's way of making sure his team is held accountable for a loss. Instead of praising the other team or players, it's a subtle way of saying "Well, if my team lost and I didn't see them being beat, they must have done something to cause themselves to lose, let's find out what that is".
Your response isn't as witty.

Old
12-03-2005, 11:56 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingle
Haven't the foggiest clue. Hitch's quote: ''I didn't even notice their team,'' Philadelphia coach Ken Hitchcock said. ''We played great. I was really impressed with our effort. I think we played a heck of a hockey game.''

Now, I thought it was a great game. Both teams played very well. Considering Philly was without Forsberg and Nashville played 5 AHL call-ups (Upshall, Zanon, Klein, Fiddler, Smithson in the lineup for Timonen, Markov, Nichol, Johnson, and Walker), the game was played at a high level. It was physical and fast and there wasn't a huge number of penalties.

Unfortunate that the two teams only play once in the regular season.

David
When you are responsible for changing the forward lines , which head coaches almost always are, your focus is on your team. You are watching shift lengths and your execution. You do not often notice what the other team have really done until you see the film. I am fairly certain Hitch is just concentrating on his team and will not discuss the other team as he perceives it as not his concern.

Old
12-03-2005, 11:57 PM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrbez
I'd take him gladly over Crawford.

Old
12-03-2005, 11:58 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Hitchcock slams Preds?

Lets hope it wasn't a BODY SLAM!

Okay, no more fat jokes.

Old
12-03-2005, 11:59 PM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Hitchcock is a frequent partaker of the various SLAM breakfasts at the local Denney's.

Old
12-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Hockeyfan02

Hitch should just shut his yap.

Old
12-04-2005, 12:02 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Hitchcock is a piece of crap. He's always been a piece of crap. Everywhere he's coached, he's been a miserable SOB and has always acted like a piece of crap. I'm a Flyers fan and I hate the man. Absolutely no redeeming qualities to him at all. Every other Flyers fan talks about how the man is a winner and how he's won a Stanley Cup and all that, but the man is just a miserable excuse for a human being. When you hear about how guys like Mike Modano, Brett Hull, and Mike Keane despise the man and when you hear how he and Forsberg almost came to blows over how Hitch treats the rookies, you have to really believe that his act wears thin on his own team and eventually they revolt.

I don't respect the man at all. He's done nothing but hinder players careers just so that he can prove he's the boss. Great. You win Hitch. You're the coach, you're the one who has a ring. You're the one who knows how to put players in their place. And you're also the one who quit on your team when things got tough because the veteran players stopped respecting you. You may have gotten it easy in Dallas, but I'm willing to bet that if things get really rough in Philadelphia, they'll skin you alive. I'm sure though that's his plan because god knows that Butterball has lots of skin to be shed.

Old
12-04-2005, 12:04 AM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:
Hitchcock is a frequent partaker of the various SLAM breakfasts at the local Denny's.

Okay, you win! I throw in the towel!

Mmmmm, Scram Slam....

Old
12-04-2005, 12:05 AM
David Singleton
HFB Partner

I didn't know there were that many people who enjoy, uh, making witty comments regarding Hitch.

Of course, Hitch has a reputation (in which I thought he was confirming with these comments).

David

Old
12-04-2005, 12:07 AM
gobolt7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02
Hitch should just shut his yap.
Nice, you beat me too it.

Old
12-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
Hitchcock is a piece of crap. He's always been a piece of crap. Everywhere he's coached, he's been a miserable SOB and has always acted like a piece of crap. I'm a Flyers fan and I hate the man. Absolutely no redeeming qualities to him at all. Every other Flyers fan talks about how the man is a winner and how he's won a Stanley Cup and all that, but the man is just a miserable excuse for a human being.
Except for the fact that he's arguably the best coach in the entire NHL. He may speak without biting his tongue, he may have a grumpy disposition, and he may be fat, but he is a hell of a coach. That other nonsense is just fluff, which has no effect on the way the team plays.
He's had success everywhere he's been, at every level. That just doesn't happen by accident. I couldn't care less whether he's a nice guy or not, and neither should you, considering you don't even know the man, nor do you have to deal with him. The people who actually do know him, the team, are the ones who would be able to say whether or not he's doing his job correctly. The same guys who had no trouble publicly cutting up Bill Barber, haven't said a peep about Hitchcock. Perhaps that's because they know they wouldn't be as good without him, regardless of whether he's grouchy or not.

Quote:
Forsberg almost came to blows over how Hitch treats the rookies
When did this happen? How about offering up some credible sources that corroborate that?

Quote:
I don't respect the man at all. He's done nothing but hinder players careers just so that he can prove he's the boss.
Yeah, I'm sure a guy like Mike Modano would tell you that winning the Stanley Cup with Hitchcock was a hinderance to his career. Newsflash: the game of hockey is not about putting up shiny stats and appearing on the highlight reel during Sportscenter. It's about winning. Something that Hitchcock has done at every level. A player would be an idiot to complain about their career being "hindered" when they've been a winner. So what if they don't put up the same kind of numbers? If you win the Cup, you'll forget all about that.

Quote:
You may have gotten it easy in Dallas, but I'm willing to bet that if things get really rough in Philadelphia, they'll skin you alive.
That would be real smart. Run the coach out of town, and re-adopt the asinine strategy of five coaches in a span of five years. That was such an excellent, well-thought out plan that it brought the Flyers three Stanley Cups! Oh, wait. Sorry. Turns out that it didn't. Actually, it went down in flames faster than the Hindenberg.

Here's an idea that the Flyers have never seem to understand: sometimes, when the team fails to go all the way, it's not the coaches fault, but rather the players who actually play the game. Gee, what an idea! Holding those who actually do the job on the ice accountable for their actions. It's not rocket science. If the Flyers do not win the Stanley Cup this season, it will not be because of Hitchcock.

Old
12-04-2005, 12:55 AM
Mike Bossy*

Quote:

Old
12-04-2005, 12:56 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

It doesn't matter what Hitch said, the Preds skated the heck out of the Flyers tonight, and at no point were the Flyers in control of the game. The scoreboard, IMO, was a lot closer than the end results. If Hatcher didn't play his best game since leaving Dallas......the Flyers get embarrassed. No one else did anything of worth ...

Its not that the FLyers didn't play hard, they were just outplayed and soundly beaten. Hitchcock is just saying this because he recognized a hard effort, even though it ultimately proved futile.

Last edited by Enoch: 12-04-2005 at 01:02 AM.
Old
12-04-2005, 01:01 AM
tom_servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobv2
He said the same about Crosby.
Which was strange, considering that Crosby was 2+1 including the OT winner.

He must've been busy reading the newest Maxim, or something.

Closed Thread