HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Gonchar interest?

Closed Thread

Old
12-05-2005, 12:35 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
Gonchar interest?

if there was a way to have pittsburgh pick up half his salary, would you guys be intrested in a $2.5 mil per year x 5 year player like gonchar? I would be, even thoug he's having an off year and the contract is still pretty big even if pittsburgh ate half that contract. I think he'd improve a lot under AM. I wonder what it would take to get Gonchar off them

Old
12-05-2005, 12:37 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
if there was a way to have pittsburgh pick up half his salary, would you guys be intrested in a $2.5 mil per year x 5 year player like gonchar? I would be, even thoug he's having an off year and the contract is still pretty big even if pittsburgh ate half that contract. I think he'd improve a lot under AM. I wonder what it would take to get Gonchar off them
There isn't a way for a team to pick up half of another guys salary. That is forbidden in the new CBA.
The Jagr trade was grandfathered in, but that is it.

Old
12-05-2005, 12:47 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

so is his salary now $5million/year for five years? that's a pretty hefty chunk of change, but man, to have gonchar...

Old
12-05-2005, 12:59 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsjohn
There isn't a way for a team to pick up half of another guys salary. That is forbidden in the new CBA.
The Jagr trade was grandfathered in, but that is it.
o, that sucks. so im guessing the only way u could have the pens pick up any salary is if he's assigned to the AHL team and then pulled back up on waivers right? i wonder if anyone would pick him up at that point.

Old
12-05-2005, 01:41 PM
kingsfan25

If we're going to make that big of a commitment to a player, he should probably have a better all-around game. But Gonchar would help our PowerPLay problem.

Closed Thread