HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Todd Bertuzzi to Rangers?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-05-2005, 12:54 AM
  #51
SML
Registered User
 
SML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch
I think Bertuzzi is exactly the type of player the Rangers need. They need help on that second scoring line and Bertuzzi who has experience playing with Rucinsky, or at least being on the same team working together, would make a very nice second line.
Do you realize what you're saying??? Who in the world pays over 5mil a season in the salary cap age NHL for a guy to help out their SECOND LINE???? C'mon man, the check book is closed. We have to be fiscally responsible, if for no other reason than it prevents us from getting tasting the next available flavor of the moment. This isn't NHL 2K6. If you make a trade for one of these guys with a pre-cap dinosaur contract, there's going to be a reason for that. The reason will be that the guy simply isn't worth the money no matter what he does on the ice.

SML is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 02:01 AM
  #52
Bretzky*
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
No. It sent a neutral message. There is nothing in that post which even hints at how I would feel about such a trade, and if Bretzky-NYR-9968 approached his reply as you just did (offering "this is how I read it") there would be no problem.

Rather he opted to assign a position to me for which he has no support (and is in fact laughably wrong), and open his post with an insult and a round of sarcasm. One would think that both common sense and common courtesy would compel a different response from him, but there it is.
lol gimmie a break, Clinton. It was obvious to imply that you supported such a trade. The only thing that's "laughable" is how you're trying to spin this.

Bretzky* is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 02:02 AM
  #53
Bretzky*
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
That guy told me to "stick to the yankees" because i think Thornton is just the franchise the player the Rangers need.

Oh well.
Precisely. And I proved you wrong and you couldn't argue with any reason or show me any stats to support your argument. Thanks.

Bretzky* is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 08:41 AM
  #54
ATLANTARANGER*
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, B&R in NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,649
vCash: 500
Did you stop for a moment and consider the damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yizee
I've been thinking about it ever since I saw he wanted out of vancouver and then I thought well how is dominik moore going to feel if the guy who ended his brother's career comes to play with him. However, the Rangers need a great player like Bertuzzi

Eklund had this to say as well "I did end up hearing an interesting rumor that tied Todd Bertuzzi to the NY Rangers last night. The Rangers are an interesting team to watch in the next few weeks. My source said that there is a belief that they may jump on a big player to lend some experience to the locker room, and some toughness"

So what do you all feel about the Rangers getting Bertuzzi? and who is on your christmas list for the Rangers to acquire?
a trade like that would do to the rangers? Moore? It makes zero sense!

ATLANTARANGER* is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 08:51 AM
  #55
B.D. Gallof
HFB Partner
 
B.D. Gallof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Smithtown, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,757
vCash: 500
NYR can't afford or afford the chemistry change. it makes zero sense, and there is zero chance. if NYR was losing, perhaps..but Moore would have to be moved to avoid a fiasco, but the price, and Bert's play will make teams balk.

B.D. Gallof is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 08:55 AM
  #56
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-NYR-9968
lol gimmie a break, Clinton. It was obvious to imply that you supported such a trade.
Was it indeed? Tell you what, sport, why don't you take about 30 minutes to look at my history of posts and where I stand on trading for vets.

Get back to me with your research; I'll provide the crow.

Edit: Alternatively, feel free to explicate my post. Show me how my implications were "obvious;" I imagine you'll want to focus on diction and possiby examine syntax. (And good luck. You'll need it.)

I look forward to hearing from you.


Last edited by dedalus: 12-05-2005 at 09:09 AM.
dedalus is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 09:27 AM
  #57
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,148
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13
No way. We have Steve Moore's little brother. No way. Even if we did not have him, we are still in the rebuild. We already have too many veterans. Unless it's a veteran for a veteran kind of deal, then I'd do it. Vancouver fans are going to laugh at me, but this is the deal they'd have to take to keep me happy:

To NY: Bertuzzi

To Van: Rucchin/Nylander + Neimo/Straka.

But again, I wouldn't do it for Dom's sake.

Wouldn't make that deal. Take away Straka and Nylander and you makes this team even more shallow when it comes to offensive depth.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 09:46 AM
  #58
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
I look forward to hearing from you.
You may be waiting for a while. I am still waiting to hear what 30 players, 10 defensemen & 6 goalies he can rattle off the top of his head that are better than Thorton. We've seen these types of posters year plenty of times over the years. All bluster, but then utterly unable to back up their own speeches.

True Blue is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 10:13 AM
  #59
gdflynn1*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
You may be waiting for a while. I am still waiting to hear what 30 players, 10 defensemen & 6 goalies he can rattle off the top of his head that are better than Thorton. We've seen these types of posters year plenty of times over the years. All bluster, but then utterly unable to back up their own speeches.
TB:

Can you be a bit more more combative? Come on man, it's only Monday. \


Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 12-05-2005 at 10:28 AM.
gdflynn1* is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 10:21 AM
  #60
RangersFan88*
 
RangersFan88*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Germany,Saarbrücken
Country: Germany
Posts: 887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
I concur with FLY. If this team is serious about going as far as possible, I'm sure we'll see a deal around mid-season. I'd like Visnovsky, Redden, Boyle, Salo, Leetch or even Schneider.

I like Rozsival, but things seem so temporary right now. Unless play is still tight and cooking com January, I'd expect any one (or two) of Rucchin, Poti, Rosie, Hossa or Nieminen to be moved. Poti and Rucinsky (though I love him) and a 4th round pick would get us Visnovsky.
are u guys high
what in the world makes u think that la or ottawa or det will give away their best defenders who are by the way great point scores too
forget about all this trade blablabla
and the poti ruchinsky 4th round for visnoysky damn u are high if the rangers send that trade to the Kings the gm will wipe his *** with it

RangersFan88* is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 10:28 AM
  #61
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-NYR-9968
Precisely. And I proved you wrong and you couldn't argue with any reason or show me any stats to support your argument. Thanks.
yup and you got me!!!

thornton isn"t a franchise player and your comeback of "stick to the yankees" proved that.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 10:37 AM
  #62
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdflynn1
TB:

Can you be a bit more more combative? Come on man, it's only Monday. \
Yeah, you are right. Just feeling a little grumpy this morning. Probably becuase it is Monday.

True Blue is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 10:55 AM
  #63
gdflynn1*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Yeah, you are right. Just feeling a little grumpy this morning. Probably becuase it is Monday.

I hear ya...Rangers should put you in a good mood tonight after they bounce back nicely...

gdflynn1* is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 11:11 AM
  #64
Bretzky*
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
Was it indeed? Tell you what, sport, why don't you take about 30 minutes to look at my history of posts and where I stand on trading for vets.

Get back to me with your research; I'll provide the crow.

Edit: Alternatively, feel free to explicate my post. Show me how my implications were "obvious;" I imagine you'll want to focus on diction and possiby examine syntax. (And good luck. You'll need it.)

I look forward to hearing from you.
What I would imply from this post is that someone thinks he's mighty clever because he's taking a freshman english class. You're wasting both your time and mine. Yawn.

True Blue, you're becoming a troll.

Steinbrenner, please explain to me how Thornton IS a franchise player. Just because he was the first line center on a team doesn't mean he's what is typically characterized as a "franchise player." He had ONE "elite-level" season. Two/three other seasons have been slightly above average for someone with his ice-time. He's been a bust, especially for all the hype his name gets. End of story. You don't refute anything I say with any evidence whatsoever to support your claims, so I'll simply ignore you now in an attempt to end this little flame war in which you feel the need to follow me around on this board and then make childish comments. See: True Blue, in the hall.

Bretzky* is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 12:17 PM
  #65
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller
 
vipernsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 6,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
I wouldnt even trade Poti for Bertuzzi.

My X-mas list contains:
- PP QB (I dont care who, just get Roz off that god damn point)

Ozolinsh anybody? Ozzy can bring the puck up the ice, and run the powerplay. Imagine that! Ozzy Tyutin wouldn't be such a bad line either.

vipernsx is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 12:49 PM
  #66
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretzky-NYR-9968
What I would imply from this post is that someone thinks he's mighty clever because he's taking a freshman english class. You're wasting both your time and mine. Yawn.
Which is to say you have no reply.

Buh-bye. Enjoy the crow.

Edit: Oh yes, and I believe you mean: "What I would infer from this post ..."

Perhaps it's time you revisited 9th grade yourself (assuming you've gotten that far to date). I'm pretty sure the average 14-year-old could prove clever enough to instruct you on the difference between those two words.

Ta!


Last edited by dedalus: 12-05-2005 at 01:15 PM.
dedalus is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 01:07 PM
  #67
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdflynn1
TB:
Can you be a bit more more combative? Come on man, it's only Monday. \
And yet TB appears to have found in Bretzky-NYR-9968 a propensity for running away when he cannot support an assertion.

dedalus is offline  
Old
12-05-2005, 02:01 PM
  #68
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,469
vCash: 500
I need to interject...

it's been, oh 15+ years since I took freshman English (college that is), and dedalus' english is way past that. Butt then again, this is coming from a guy who don't speak too good anyways and failed that same class.

On Bertuzzi - the concept of Bertuzzi is something I like. A big, scoring winger who would get about 18 minutes of ice time and park his big fat arse in front of the goalie on the PP is an element that's missing on this team. A guy like that makes this team almost appear to be physical, as opposed to injecting a guy to play 3 minutes per game and goon it up.

Bertuzzi, first of all, may not be the right person, right now. I don't care so much about spoiling chemistry, as I'd rather do what's in the best interests of this team in the long-run. A big, scoring forward will sometime need to be added, in my opinion. This guy should complement the already existing forwards and it shouldn't be done at the expense of youth.

Further, if this team is to make a trade, and while I think scoring depth is a proble, I think the trade should be for a blueliner, as I think that despite the great goals against, the blueline is a weak link on this team. The team has the forwards, Renney just needs to figure out the optimal line combos, which would include not relying so much on Jagr, which is something that we cautioned throughout the season, beginning with the first or second game. And Renney's going to have to find time for a second PP unit too.

Fletch is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.