Notices

Matt McKnight

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2005, 03:27 PM
kruezer

vCash: 500
Matt McKnight

I thought I would drop by and check to see what the latest word is on McKnight's development, I see that he has pulled into the scoring lead for UMD one point up on Mason Raymond. I was wondering what his future is, I asssume he'll go all for years at UMD, then hit up the minors, does he have any kind of chance at the NHL level?

Old
12-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruezer
I thought I would drop by and check to see what the latest word is on McKnight's development, I see that he has pulled into the scoring lead for UMD one point up on Mason Raymond. I was wondering what his future is, I asssume he'll go all for years at UMD, then hit up the minors, does he have any kind of chance at the NHL level?
He's off to a great start, although I'm surprised that none of the Stars fans here are even talking about him, sad but true.

McKnight has been playing on a line with Mason Raymond and Nick Kemp. This line has been really clicking for UMD of late (as evidenced by what you see on the stats sheet) and each player brings a unique dynamic to the line. McKnight has become arguably the 'Dogs best face-off guy. I really like his hands and does a nice job of feeding passes to his teammates. He can be creative and can make some really nice tape-to-tape passes. One improvement that I've seen in McKnight from last season is his defensive play. He'll get in there to help out the defense, go down and block shots, etc.

In answer to the future in the NHL question, it's hard to say right now because it depends upon what Dallas is going to be looking for down the road and if McKnight continues to develop and grow as a player. So far his future is looking good, but McKnight isn't at the point right now where he is absolutely wowing everyone, certainly not those outside of the UMD community. This is not to say that he isn't doing well or is not a good player, on the contrary. IMO, he's just being overshadowed by other players, and I don't necessarily mean other UMD players either.

Old
12-08-2005, 06:01 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
He's off to a great start, although I'm surprised that none of the Stars fans here are even talking about him, sad but true.

McKnight has been playing on a line with Mason Raymond and Nick Kemp. This line has been really clicking for UMD of late (as evidenced by what you see on the stats sheet) and each player brings a unique dynamic to the line. McKnight has become arguably the 'Dogs best face-off guy. I really like his hands and does a nice job of feeding passes to his teammates. He can be creative and can make some really nice tape-to-tape passes. One improvement that I've seen in McKnight from last season is his defensive play. He'll get in there to help out the defense, go down and block shots, etc.

In answer to the future in the NHL question, it's hard to say right now because it depends upon what Dallas is going to be looking for down the road and if McKnight continues to develop and grow as a player. So far his future is looking good, but McKnight isn't at the point right now where he is absolutely wowing everyone, certainly not those outside of the UMD community. This is not to say that he isn't doing well or is not a good player, on the contrary. IMO, he's just being overshadowed by other players, and I don't necessarily mean other UMD players either.
Thanks for the report, thats good to hear, it would definetaly be very interesting if the NHL could get another Halkirk boy into the league.

Old
12-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Dr GLU

None of us get to watch him, and the Stars track record with NCAA products is practically nil. That's why no one really knows about him.

Closed Thread