HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres win! Huzzah!

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2003, 01:41 PM
glimradnor

vCash: 500
Sabres win! Huzzah!

It's aboot time we scored a damn goal. I was starting to get a bit worried there. <P>
It's even more sweet that the victory came against my hated Dallas Stars...it's impossible to live in Edmonton and not hate Dallas.<P>
Anyone see the game? Almost no Sabre games are televised out here. How did the boys play?
<P>

Old
10-13-2003, 01:44 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

well they showed up and played with some emotion. Nice crisp passes, but a big problem I have is the discipline. Some dumb penalties and Im still not sold on Biron, he let in atleast one soft goal today, lucky that our offense showed up today to support him which if it can consistently do Ill be happy.

Old
10-13-2003, 01:51 PM
glimradnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres22
well they showed up and played with some emotion. Nice crisp passes, but a big problem I have is the discipline. Some dumb penalties and Im still not sold on Biron, he let in atleast one soft goal today, lucky that our offense showed up today to support him which if it can consistently do Ill be happy.
<P>
Yeah, it will be a while until I am sold on Biron as a legitimate goaltender. I agree, we need more dicipline..oh well, at least they showed up today. Anyone looks especially decent/horrible?
<P>

Old
10-13-2003, 01:59 PM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Drury was every where again, he's been fantastic. The rest played well I didnt care for Botterils penalties. I thought the Defense played well, Talinder seemed a bit slow out there still.

Old
10-13-2003, 02:32 PM
Thrasherfan

Kalinin

Why was he out? Hurt?

Old
10-13-2003, 05:05 PM
KillToronto

vCash:
It seems like the new line combonations are working for Ruff. I like the Briere line as well as Drury's new line. Is it just me or does Afinogenov look pretty good so far this season. Although he hasn't scored any goals, he seems intense when he's out there and it looks like he's seriously trying to make things happen.

Old
10-13-2003, 05:17 PM
djhn579

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillToronto
It seems like the new line combonations are working for Ruff. I like the Briere line as well as Drury's new line. Is it just me or does Afinogenov look pretty good so far this season. Although he hasn't scored any goals, he seems intense when he's out there and it looks like he's seriously trying to make things happen.
I agree. In the first couple games, it looked like he would rush into the zone and couldn't find anyone to pass to. He seemed to have more support in this game. He is definitely using his speed to get around the defence. Hopefully he will be able to finish more in the future.

Old
10-13-2003, 06:41 PM
BG43

Quote:
lucky that our offense showed up today to support him which if it can consistently do Ill be happy.
BS!

That's what the team is supposed to do every night.. not just when they feel like it.. the offense wasn't there the first two games of the season and that's a shame.. they should have been.. I'm glad they were here today and were able to contribute to the win. You make it seem as though this is something rare and that Biron was lucky to have gotten the win because we were able to score... teams like Vancouver and Ottawa can score the goals.. and that's what they do.. their fans don't have this mindset that when they score they bailed the goalie out and escaped with the win. What a horrible mentality. To think.. we were *lucky* to have scored enough goals to win.. like it's ridiculous. The truth is you need goaltending, defense and offense to win a game.. and you need all cogs working together for this team to function.. Biron played well today.. he made some big saves especially the one at the end when Dallas was on the PP.. and he deserved the win.. it's funny that you'd say that considering nobody questioned Miller and the 6 goals he gave up the other night.. but Biron lets in half of that and you are quick to point out that one was weak and what not.. puh-leeze.. goaltending is the least of this team's worries.. I just hope they keep this going.. they can score.. they proved it today against a defensive team such as the Stars

BTW: Brown, Max and Briere played a kick ass game

Oh and far too many penalties near the end.. not good.. they need to keep their cool and not give the opposing teams chances to get back into a game they don't deserve to be in

Old
10-14-2003, 03:24 AM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Biron let in 4 goals when the team played well, one of which he still should have stopped. Miller let in only 6 goals considering the entire team didn't show up. I just happen to belive that Miller is much more talented that Biron, until Biron can make saves he shouldnt as well as the ones he should. I'm happy with the win and if Biron can turn it up a notch if he gets the start in Edmonton then thats better. Point is he still has alot of improvement to do.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:25 AM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Quote:
Biron let in 4 goals when the team played well, one of which he still should have stopped. Miller let in only 6 goals considering the entire team didn't show up. I just happen to belive that Miller is much more talented that Biron, until Biron can make saves he shouldnt as well as the ones he should. I'm happy with the win and if Biron can turn it up a notch if he gets the start in Edmonton then thats better. Point is he still has alot of improvement to do.
Ummm, Biron let in 3 goals.

And Miller's let in 8 goals over two games. And he should have stopped at least a couple of the ones that he let in as well.

Biron has a lot of improvement to do, sure.

But Miller has as much improvement to do, if not more.

But in the end, it really doesn't matter who's in net. If the team shows up in front of whomever is in net, then the team will do well. If they sleep walk, then they'll lose.

The key is getting the team to show up a heck of a lot more than they did last year and more than they have thusfar.

The next 6 games will be an early gut check for this team. At least they've passed the first gut check in beating Dallas.

Old
10-14-2003, 06:23 AM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob
Ummm, Biron let in 3 goals.

And Miller's let in 8 goals over two games. And he should have stopped at least a couple of the ones that he let in as well.

Biron has a lot of improvement to do, sure.

But Miller has as much improvement to do, if not more.

But in the end, it really doesn't matter who's in net. If the team shows up in front of whomever is in net, then the team will do well. If they sleep walk, then they'll lose.

The key is getting the team to show up a heck of a lot more than they did last year and more than they have thusfar.

The next 6 games will be an early gut check for this team. At least they've passed the first gut check in beating Dallas.
I agree, I'm more of a Miller supporter but I dont care who gets the call in net as long as the team can show up and play hard every night. If they play hard they will get the wins. But what t's me off is when they played good last year and biron and noronen would let in the floaters, as long as they get those under conrtol we are fine.

Old
10-15-2003, 02:28 AM
WhoIsJimBob
#TankEnvy

Quote:
I agree, I'm more of a Miller supporter but I dont care who gets the call in net as long as the team can show up and play hard every night. If they play hard they will get the wins. But what t's me off is when they played good last year and biron and noronen would let in the floaters, as long as they get those under conrtol we are fine.
Miller let in more than his fair share of soft goals last year as well.

Especially when he was first called up and looked as nervous as Porky at a pig roast.

Old
10-15-2003, 04:26 AM
Weezel RX7

Send a message via AIM to Weezel RX7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob
Miller let in more than his fair share of soft goals last year as well.

Especially when he was first called up and looked as nervous as Porky at a pig roast.

such as falling apart to the predators 5-1 last season

Closed Thread