HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Grebs is the Future of the Kings...

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2005, 10:20 AM
ReggieMoto

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
If Grebs is the Future of the Kings...

...then the future of the Kings is bleak.

49 secs. into last night's OT period Grebs (yet again) coughs up the puck at the blue line leading directly to a goal and a Springfield victory.

It's time. He's ready. Call him up. His talents are wasting away here in the minors and the fans in LA are chomping at the bit to get him on the blue line so he can begin working his magic for the Kings. Grebs has been quoted as saying he's got nothing left to learn in Manchester and he's right. It's time to bring him up. Do it. Please. We're begging you. And while you're at it ship that miserable little defenseman Weaver back to Manchester too, OK?

Old
12-04-2005, 11:04 AM
BINGO

You know Reggie, just last night, Dano and myself were saying how "ready" he is.

Did you see him on the PP?? Two consecutive passes!! I thought that Dano was about to faint when he switched it up, and passed it on the backhand....BRILLIANT!!

Old
12-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Haha. Man, our defense sucks in L.A., at least it's better in Manchester. There you only have Grebs to yell at, here we have Corvo, Dempsey, Weaver, take your pick basically.

Old
12-04-2005, 11:14 AM
kingsfan25

What exactly happened to this guy? Before he got to Manchester I thought his MO was that he was good defensively and had offensive potential. When exactly did he become a one-dimensional player?

Old
12-04-2005, 11:14 AM
ReggieMoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BINGO
You know Reggie, just last night, Dano and myself were saying how "ready" he is.
He and I had a similar conversation before the game. We came up with a "trade deal", too: We'll trade the Kings two Russians for two Italians. Whaddaya think?

Old
12-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto
He and I had a similar conversation before the game. We came up with a "trade deal", too: We'll trade the Kings two Russians for two Italians. Whaddaya think?
Who's the other Russian in Manchester?

Old
12-04-2005, 11:18 AM
ReggieMoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Who's the other Russian in Manchester?
Pushkarev.

Old
12-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Pushkarev.
That's right.

Old
12-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
What exactly happened to this guy? Before he got to Manchester I thought his MO was that he was good defensively and had offensive potential. When exactly did he become a one-dimensional player?
If by one-dimensional you mean dog crap, then as far back as I can remember.

Grebs best rush of the night was when he stepped out of the penalty box and skated to the Monarchs bench.

Yes indeed, I concur with Reggie, Bingo & King Blazer that Grebs is ready. Just give us the word and we'll drive him to Toronto to meet the team.

Last edited by Kick: 12-04-2005 at 11:43 AM.
Old
12-04-2005, 11:45 AM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKen48
If by one-dimensional you mean dog crap, then as far back as I can remember.

Grebs best rush of the night was when he stepped out of the penalty box and skated to the Monarchs bench.

Yes indeed, I concur with Reggie, Bingo & King Blazer that Grebs is ready. Just give us the word and we'll drive him to Toronto to meet the team.
In your trunk bound and gagged doesn't count.

Old
12-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Kick

Quote:
Haha. Man, our defense sucks in L.A., at least it's better in Manchester. There you only have Grebs to yell at, here we have Corvo, Dempsey, Weaver, take your pick basically.
Nope, we have Richard "Sally" Seeley as well.

Old
12-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Reaper45

Is that who Grebs is playing with?

Old
12-04-2005, 11:59 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
As a long time King fan I'm growing tired of the next one rumors. I heard a lot about Pavel Rosa. To small. Olli Jokinen was supposed to be a hard hitting center. Traded. Aki Berg was supposed to be a hitting dman. Bust. Jamie Storr the next Patric Roy. Bust. Cammallleri was supposed to be a savior. 2nd line talent at best. Tambellini was then drving the bandwagon as the next one. Another player under 6 feet tall with no outstanding talent to be seen. Grebeshkov a puck moving dman. Manchester fans can't wait to get rid of him. Who's next? Kopitar? When will the realization that the LA Kings do not develop star players no matter the coach, GM or owner finally take place in King fans minds?

Old
12-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen
As a long time King fan I'm growing tired of the next one rumors. I heard a lot about Pavel Rosa. To small. Olli Jokinen was supposed to be a hard hitting center. Traded. Aki Berg was supposed to be a hitting dman. Bust. Jamie Storr the next Patric Roy. Bust. Cammallleri was supposed to be a savior. 2nd line talent at best. Tambellini was then drving the bandwagon as the next one. Another player under 6 feet tall with no outstanding talent to be seen. Grebeshkov a puck moving dman. Manchester fans can't wait to get rid of him. Who's next? Kopitar? When will the realization that the LA Kings do not develop star players no matter the coach, GM or owner finally take place in King fans minds?
For now, I'm going to have to disagree with you on your assessment of Tambellini. Maybe in two games with LA you haven't seen anything in him but in Manchester we certainly have. In 18 games he has 14 goals, 11 assists and is a +11. Before his call up, he was 6th in the league in scoring (has now dropped to 10th) and was 1st among all rookies (now 2nd). He has an amazing wrist shot, he knows what to do with the puck and is not intimidated out there. He appears to have all the tools.

Old
12-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Kick

Quote:
Is that who Grebs is playing with?
No, for the most part, Grebs has been paired with Petiot.

Old
12-04-2005, 12:49 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
No, for the most part, Grebs has been paired with Petiot.
I thought so.

Old
12-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen

Dude its a stupid Title for a post.

No one ever called Grebs the "next future of the kings."

Its just some Manchester fans venting.

Grebs is just what we have always said. A skilled d-man prospect.

As for possible Star players. I suppose Gleason and Frolov aren't good enough for you?

Old
12-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Kick

Yeah, imagine if the Monarchs had a losing record how we (Monarchs fans) would be beating the snot out of Grebs.

Old
12-04-2005, 03:06 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite

Its just some Manchester fans venting.

As for possible Star players. I suppose Gleason and Frolov aren't good enough for you?
To be fair, there was a lot of talk about him being a future #1 D-man.

Old
12-04-2005, 03:11 PM
ReggieMoto

Quote:
Thanks for the pleasantries. You are clearly a man with a firm grasp of the world around you, the envy of all who read your musings. Please, continue.

Quote:

Denial, the first stage of the grieving process.

At the expense of belaboring the obvious, the posters on this board and the other have been all over Grebs as one of the next great D-men heading to LA. Well, now all we're saying is, he's yours. Take him. You're wait is over. Avoid the Christmas rush and act now. Operators are standing by...

Old
12-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Thanks for the pleasantries. You are clearly a man with a firm grasp of the world around you, the envy of all who read your musings. Please, continue.

ok. If you want to whine and vent thats fine. Thats what the internet is for. Doesn't mean we have to sit around and not call you on it when you start to make things up.

Heck even on Manchester Tambs, Tuk, and Pushky are all more important to the future of the kings then Grebs. As is Kopitar over in Europe.

Quote:
Denial, the first stage of the grieving process.

At the expense of belaboring the obvious, the posters on this board and the other have been all over Grebs as one of the next great D-men heading to LA. Well, now all we're saying is, he's yours. Take him. You're wait is over. Avoid the Christmas rush and act now. Operators are standing by...

You want to rewrite history thats fine by me. Greb is geting the same hype he has always gotten. That he can be a skilled 2nd guy who has a shot at being a 1 d-man. It if it doesn't work out... well its not the end of the world at least Gleason worked out. I can deal with 1 out of 2 overhyped d-man prospects during into possible future NHL stars.

Grebs has NEVER been called the "future of the kings."

The only prospect who has been called that is Frolov and he is both the present and the future of the team. In Frolov we trust.

Old
12-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Kick

Quote:
ok. If you want to whine and vent thats fine. Thats what the internet is for. Doesn't mean we have to sit around and not call you on it when you start to make things up.
Do you have the "pleasure" of watching Grebeshkov on a game to game basis for 50 + games a season?

What pray tell do you think is being made up?

Quote:
Heck even on Manchester Tambs, Tuk, and Pushky are all more important to the future of the kings then Grebs. As is Kopitar over in Europe.
Not according to these boards. Only Brown, Gleason and Cammalleri are ahead of Grebeshkov as "Top Prospects".

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/team/los_angeles_kings

Old
12-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Osprey

It bothers me that Grebeshkov said that he had "no more to learn in Manchester" and proceded to stink it up there. On the other hand, though, perhaps he's playing worse than if he were playing where he wants to be. I wouldn't completely rule out that, upon call-up to the Kings, his game might suddenly improve considerably (at least to the point where he's no worse than Corvo, Weaver or Dempsey).

Old
12-04-2005, 04:31 PM
ReggieMoto

Quote:
Only Brown, Gleason and Cammalleri are ahead of Grebeshkov as "Top Prospects".
And of these only Gleason is ranked highter, and he's made it! Therefore, Grebeshkov IS the Kings #1 defensive prospect. If that's not the future of the Kings, I don't know what is. Richard Petiot is next in line. These guys are the Kings defensive future, regardless of how tightly shut Tadite's eyes are to this fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osprey
I wouldn't completely rule out that, upon call-up to the Kings, his game might suddenly improve considerably
Bring up Grebs!

Old
12-04-2005, 04:40 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
...then the future of the Kings is bleak.

49 secs. into last night's OT period Grebs (yet again) coughs up the puck at the blue line leading directly to a goal and a Springfield victory.

It's time. He's ready. Call him up. His talents are wasting away here in the minors and the fans in LA are chomping at the bit to get him on the blue line so he can begin working his magic for the Kings. Grebs has been quoted as saying he's got nothing left to learn in Manchester and he's right. It's time to bring him up. Do it. Please. We're begging you. And while you're at it ship that miserable little defenseman Weaver back to Manchester too, OK?

I would also like to add how brilliant he looked falling down while in posession of the puck while on the PP. that was absoulute briliance!!!!!!!!!

I am going to say it right now and get it out of the way. He is a bust, an overrated offensive dman prospect.

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 12-04-2005 at 05:26 PM.
Closed Thread