HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bertuzzi is linked to montreal

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2005, 04:29 AM
alecfromtherock

vCash: 500
Bertuzzi playing for Montreal NFW

I liked the other thread of AO donning the habs jersey in 7 years when he is a UFA much more so then getting the NHL’s largest non-retired stain.

A lot of fans will be pissed off at whomever you have to give up to get Bertuzzi.

BG would go the way of a certain NHLPA head with the same initials if this move is ever seriously considered.

Although Bertuzzi has said that he is not going to change the way he plays the game post-Moore the numbers beg to differ.

As if the habs need a player who will cause penalties based on reputation(referee conspiracy theory against the habs was confirmed last time the habs played TO and there was 4 Ontario born officials who put their whistles away in the third)

Old
12-06-2005, 10:22 AM
Dolphinwave

First post ever in HF

I've been reading for a long time posts on the HF boards, but I never felt like writing anything. But this Bertuzzi thread comes just after an idea of a trade I had including this same Bertuzzi, so I just thought it was the time for me to make my first post. I don't know what people will think of it, and I'd like to be answered without *****ing since I'm only trying it out here.

There are two possibilities of the trade I thought the first one add a major salary difference to Montreal, the other one seems to want to balance things up.

Bertuzzi VS Danis and Zednik

The reason for this is that Vancouver is searching to improve over Cloutier, but we don'T want Cloutier. Danis has not fully proven he can be a number one goalie, but he has done well with an average defensive in Montreal, so he can't be worst with a good defensive in Vancouver. Zednik because Vancouver needs a winger to replace Bertuzzi in his line up. I don't say Zednik will fill Bertuzzi's place, but he'll help. Bertuzzi needs changing, and with the rumors that he asked for a transaction, this could be a possible option.

The second option would be to add Bonk and Matt Cooke in the trade. This would balance a little bit the salary swap, since Cooke has a 1,5M contract and Bonk 2,4. Cooke would bring grit and energy and could well fit with Begin and Bulis(or Sundstrom) on the checking line. As for Bonk, he'd be placed back in an offensive situation in Vancouver, since their 3rd line ain't a checking one like in Montreal. Anson Carter wings the Sedin twins, and you put Bonk on 3rd line winged by Linden.

Some will say it's not enough given for Bertuzzi since Danis has not been proved yet, and some habs fan will say it's to much because Danis has a lot of potential and Bertuzzi is not what he was 2 and 3 seasons ago. I say Huet can do the job this year as a backup, and if he stays next year it's great until Price is ready. If he leaves, we still have Halak that could do the backup, or we can hire a cheap second goalie and give 65-70 games to Théodore. It is risky if Théo gets injured, I know it, but I think Bertuzzi will be worth it.

Bertuzzi out of Vancouver might be a good thing for him, and having him playing with Kovalev and Koivu will make this line very powerful, controlling manby assets of the game. However, since Bertuzzi and Kovalev are both right wings, I don't know if this line would be possible. Then, we could have two first strong lines, putting Perezogin or Ryder as the two LW and Bertuzzi and Kovalev as the two RW centered by Koivu and Ribeiro.

What are your thoughts?

Old
12-06-2005, 10:32 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
My proposal would be something like this:

To MTL: Bertuzzi + Cloutier

To Vancouver: Théo + Zednik + 3nd rounder
holy overpayment, Batman!

Old
12-06-2005, 10:34 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphinwave
Bertuzzi VS Danis and Zednik
What are your thoughts?
See, now this is a much better proposal than any of the other ones here. I think Huet would be more tradable than Danis, though. Danis has only played a couple of NHL games, whereas Huet's played a lot more. Maybe Huet + Zednik (+ 3rd round) for Todd Bertuzzi.

The pick, I'm not even sure about. As someone who thinks a Zednik for Tuzzi offer isn't THAT far fetched, I think that throwing in someone like Huet would definitely even things out for Vancouver.

Old
12-06-2005, 10:49 AM
Quagmier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb45
See, now this is a much better proposal than any of the other ones here. I think Huet would be more tradable than Danis, though. Danis has only played a couple of NHL games, whereas Huet's played a lot more. Maybe Huet + Zednik (+ 3rd round) for Todd Bertuzzi.

The pick, I'm not even sure about. As someone who thinks a Zednik for Tuzzi offer isn't THAT far fetched, I think that throwing in someone like Huet would definitely even things out for Vancouver.
Considering they already have two marginal to average goalies in cloutier and auld... this makes little sense from a canucks POV. I think they're main objective in trading a goalie would be to acquire one who could steal a couple of playoff games for them (something they might think theo could do... those nuts)

Old
12-06-2005, 11:35 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmier
Considering they already have two marginal to average goalies in cloutier and auld... this makes little sense from a canucks POV. I think they're main objective in trading a goalie would be to acquire one who could steal a couple of playoff games for them (something they might think theo could do... those nuts)
yes, I was talking about a Habs' POV, though. Giving up Theodore is just not going to happen. Not for an average goalie like Cloutier.

Old
12-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Joe Cole

..and anyone who wouldn't want Bertuzzi in a Habs jersey strictly because of his Moore hit is not seeing the game as I see it.

Name one other player his size that can light the lamp with a highlight goal as Bert does, not to mention his vision of the ice and physical play. Ever since his days on the Isle, I have really liked his game. The fact that the coach and Bert himself did not realize that smacking Moore around was not the job of your #2 player is the only smudge on his record. I chalk it up to a brain fart.

And we have all seen worse on the ice. Don't be an American TV bandwagon'r.

Too bad, this will never happen. .

Old
12-06-2005, 12:12 PM
trbr86

The Canucks would have no interest in Huet or Danis. They already have an above average backup goaltender, and several good goaltending prospects for the future.

If the Canucks trade for a goaltender, it will be for a franchise goaltender.

Last edited by trbr86: 12-06-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old
12-06-2005, 12:19 PM
naihlflames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
It seems like EVERYONE is overrating Bertuzzi.
Can you see Heatley moving from the Thrashers to the Senators. Being in Atlanta was following what happened was impacting Heatley. in Ottawa he got a fresh start and lease on life.

imo if Bertuzzi gets traded (esp. to the East), look for him to be able to a fresh start on things and be the Bertuzzi of old.

Old
12-06-2005, 12:29 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickShift
The Canucks would have no interest in Huet or Danis. They already have an above average backup goaltender, and several good goaltending prospects for the future.

If the Canucks trade for a goaltender, it will be for a franchise goaltender.
Auld is just a backup goalie and will never be a number one...Danis will be

Old
12-06-2005, 12:34 PM
eddy

I would welcome a Bertuzzi trade, after the Moore incident a change of scernry to a new conference may be what he needs. He's the power forward we've been lacking for years. Where the rumor somes from i'd take it as a grain of salt but none the less, i'd love to have Bert.

Old
12-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Duster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy
I would welcome a Bertuzzi trade, after the Moore incident a change of scernry to a new conference may be what he needs. He's the power forward we've been lacking for years. Where the rumor somes from i'd take it as a grain of salt but none the less, i'd love to have Bert.
On paper, it would sure look good but I beg to differ. Spending $6 million+ per annum and trading valuable assets to acquire an underachieving high risk player in a salary cap world means BG puts his job on the line. Looking at his previous record, he's not that much of a risk taker.

Watching him play this year, it's clear that Bertuzzi simply isn't worth the money, let alone some of the players proposed in this thread; assuming Vancouver is interested. I would take a chance on Latendresse first...

Old
12-06-2005, 02:41 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

My dad is a big Bob Gainey fan and he said that Gainey is a squeaky clean image kind of guy. He does not like anything remotely messy and he demands the same from his players. He also said he doesn't see Theodore sticking around because of his "connections".

But then again that's just what my dad said.

Old
12-06-2005, 02:45 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave
My dad is a big Bob Gainey fan and he said that Gainey is a squeaky clean image kind of guy. He does not like anything remotely messy and he demands the same from his players. He also said he doesn't see Theodore sticking around because of his "connections".

Your dad sounds like a smart man!

Cap

Old
12-06-2005, 02:50 PM
AH

Bert's cap hit is 5.2 million this year and next.

Any Bert deal to MTL will require a salary dump to the Canucks. At this point there are no players on MTL who should be considered part of a salary dump out of MTL. Radek Bonk may be the only candidate fo the salary dump, but then again, he's been injured all year and it's not fair to judge him based on the 1st two months.

Old
12-06-2005, 02:56 PM
sposman

Bertuzzi has a hab would be amazing! But how can it happen salary wise? Do you really want Bertuzzi, Theo and Kovvy all on the same team? That's like 15 million being spent on 3 players, two of which is a huge question mark (Theo), one who's a decent sized question mark (Bertuzzi) and one who's getting up there in years coming off a fairly serious injury (Kovvy). Any deal for Bertuzzi would have to include Kovvy or Theo. As much as some people dislike Sourry, you can't do a package including Sourry/Zednick and lose a defenseman without one coming in return. Ideally, I'd love to see a deal structured around Theo for Bertuzzi. It'd get out form underneith the horrible Theo contract, and improve the scoring/size. I would be very open to getting Cloutier back as part of it and letting him do the job this year then walking when his contract is done.

Old
12-06-2005, 03:08 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sposman
Bertuzzi has a hab would be amazing! But how can it happen salary wise? Do you really want Bertuzzi, Theo and Kovvy all on the same team? That's like 15 million being spent on 3 players, two of which is a huge question mark (Theo), one who's a decent sized question mark (Bertuzzi) and one who's getting up there in years coming off a fairly serious injury (Kovvy). Any deal for Bertuzzi would have to include Kovvy or Theo. As much as some people dislike Sourry, you can't do a package including Sourry/Zednick and lose a defenseman without one coming in return. Ideally, I'd love to see a deal structured around Theo for Bertuzzi. It'd get out form underneith the horrible Theo contract, and improve the scoring/size. I would be very open to getting Cloutier back as part of it and letting him do the job this year then walking when his contract is done.
names?

Old
12-06-2005, 03:38 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezNc
PROPOSAL:

i don't expect to see bert anytime soon in a habs jersey.. but dream on...

TO MTL: BERTUZZI

TO VAN : Perezhogin (we have to give up a key propect), Zednik and Niklas Sundstrom...

i include sundstrom because of bert's salary...
your dreaming on! no way we're trading both Perezhogin and Zednick for Bertuzzi, not now not neveri would do the original trade but switch Jovanovski for Bourdon, Theodore(i hope) still has high value in the league, a Hart trophy is a Hart trophy you know...

so mtl gets: Betruzzi,Bourdon,Cloutier
Van gets:Theodore,Ryder,Souray,2nd

next step after is to trade both Ribeiro and Bonk for a bigger and more working center and get ourselfs a real good D.

Old
12-06-2005, 03:59 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Wow, people are saying Bertuzzi is overrated on this thread? Are you kidding me?

Bertuzzi for Zednik and Danis?? Zednik is not a true first liner, good 2nd liner maybe, and Danis is not a future franchise goalie. His upside IMO is an average to above-average goalie. Like it or not, Bertuzzi is a top 15 winger int he NHL (at least). He is the perfect prototype of a power forward. He's huge, he hits, he has a nice shot and great hands.

I'm a fan of Theo but we signed him to way too much money. He is definately not worth more than $5 million.
I would definately give Theo + (Zednik or Bonk or Higgins (or maybe even Ryder if they included a little something extra) for Bertuzzi + Cloutier.

Old
12-06-2005, 04:06 PM
TheDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo
Wow, people are saying Bertuzzi is overrated on this thread? Are you kidding me?

Bertuzzi for Zednik and Danis?? Zednik is not a true first liner, good 2nd liner maybe, and Danis is not a future franchise goalie. His upside IMO is an average to above-average goalie. Like it or not, Bertuzzi is a top 15 winger int he NHL (at least). He is the perfect prototype of a power forward. He's huge, he hits, he has a nice shot and great hands.

I'm a fan of Theo but we signed him to way too much money. He is definately not worth more than $5 million.
I would definately give Theo + (Zednik or Bonk or Higgins (or maybe even Ryder if they included a little something extra) for Bertuzzi + Cloutier.
I don't think the Canucks would have any interest in Bonk to be honest, I mean we keep trying to toss him in trade proposals, but he's been pretty bad this year for us, though if we take on Cloutiers stupid contract (I cannot believe they signed that guy for 2.5 million), the Canucks should take on Bonks contract.

Definite NO on Ryder.

I don't think Cloutier has to be included, we could maybe rely on Danis though I doubt it, but there might be other goalies available. I still have faith in Theo, but I just might be convinced to trade him for a player like Bertuzzi if the right deal came along that didn't leave us too high and dry in goal.

Old
12-06-2005, 04:19 PM
sposman

dynasty - it's not a matter of wanting somebody. "cap-filler" players (which is what Bonk would be) are going to have to become the norm in the NHL to make salaries work out.

Old
12-06-2005, 04:23 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
Auld is just a backup goalie and will never be a number one...Danis will be

I doubt that...

Old
12-06-2005, 04:27 PM
TheDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sposman
dynasty - it's not a matter of wanting somebody. "cap-filler" players (which is what Bonk would be) are going to have to become the norm in the NHL to make salaries work out.
I suppose that's true, I'd sure like to get rid of Bonk's contract, but isn't Vancouver looking to trade Bertuzzi because of their cap situation? I just don't see Theodore + Bonk as being a particularly 'cap happy' package I guess.

Bertuzzi would be nice, but I'd hate to overpay, these Theodore + Ryder packages are ridiculous.

Old
12-06-2005, 04:31 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave

what about Perezhogin and Ribiero?

Old
12-06-2005, 04:32 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned
I doubt that...

Man...for once I agree with you

Closed Thread