HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Youth..

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 01:12 PM
#37-#93-#27*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Youth..

nothing new or surprising but thought this was funny

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Making the Cut for the 2003-04 season
Below are the prospects who made the opening night lineups for their respective teams. Eighty-nine prospects made the opening rosters in 2003-04, compared to 59 in 2002-03.

Rangers: Mike Siklenka (A waiver pick up)

Every other team had atleast one PROSPECT make a team, just pathetic how this team is.

Old
10-14-2003, 05:02 PM
Edge

dont remind me, you know how bad i wanted to draft Fritsche?

but of course we traded down to replace the picks we sent away as if they were growing on trees.

so two years in a row we've pased on an NHL'er in the second round and two years in a row i wanted to cry when they passed on the guy.

Stoll and Fritsche. Now i've never claimed to be a pro scout, but i am starting to really wonder about these people in decision making positions with the rangers.

Old
10-15-2003, 05:31 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
dont remind me, you know how bad i wanted to draft Fritsche?

but of course we traded down to replace the picks we sent away as if they were growing on trees.

so two years in a row we've pased on an NHL'er in the second round and two years in a row i wanted to cry when they passed on the guy.

Stoll and Fritsche. Now i've never claimed to be a pro scout, but i am starting to really wonder about these people in decision making positions with the rangers.
Yeah, we could all say what if we drafted this guy/that guy..... we still got a few good ones, players that won't be ruined(just yet) by this administration & having to cater to gutless, overpriced teammates.

Btw, Baranka is turning out to be a steal in the 2nd round, he's getting raves around the WHL for his defensive play. He's playing on an expansion WHL team, logs alot of minutes & he's the only defensman on his team thats not a minus on the +/- chart.

Old
10-15-2003, 08:33 AM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Yeah, we could all say what if we drafted this guy/that guy..... we still got a few good ones, players that won't be ruined(just yet) by this administration & having to cater to gutless, overpriced teammates.

Btw, Baranka is turning out to be a steal in the 2nd round, he's getting raves around the WHL for his defensive play. He's playing on an expansion WHL team, logs alot of minutes & he's the only defensman on his team thats not a minus on the +/- chart.

Yea man Marcus Jonasen is doing awesome as well, 10 games 7 goals 3 assist 10 pts 1+ 4pim 2pp 1sh 1.00ppg 0.40pimpg

Ivan Dornic I dont recall him playing or Im not sure if he is hurt.

Old
10-15-2003, 09:11 AM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaCouture39
Yea man Marcus Jonasen is doing awesome as well, 10 games 7 goals 3 assist 10 pts 1+ 4pim 2pp 1sh 1.00ppg 0.40pimpg

Ivan Dornic I dont recall him playing or Im not sure if he is hurt.
He is one guy I am eager to see play in the future, have no idea about him, but his size is intriguing. I am also curious about the one picked before him, Farlardeu, I really wonder what Sather saw/sees in him besides his size, I want to see him play as well...

Old
10-15-2003, 11:39 AM
Edge

thats all well and good but the fact of the matter is that these kids are playing in the nhl while the other names are in juniors and having solid though not jaw dropping seasons.

i dont mind the guys we got necessarily so much as we made the moved we made to "replace" picks we threw away.

I like Baranka and Jonasen but it's the same old "dealing from behind the eightball" routine where we trade to get picks back and not get "additional" picks.

Old
10-15-2003, 11:53 AM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
thats all well and good but the fact of the matter is that these kids are playing in the nhl while the other names are in juniors and having solid though not jaw dropping seasons.

i dont mind the guys we got necessarily so much as we made the moved we made to "replace" picks we threw away.

I like Baranka and Jonasen but it's the same old "dealing from behind the eightball" routine where we trade to get picks back and not get "additional" picks.
This is a huge problem, it will be magnified because the '03 draft was one of the deepest in years. Jackass should have loaded up on any extra 1st, 2nd & 3rd round picks he could get for our washed out vets.

I wish that he would have shipped Carter to LA for the 26th & 27th picks this year. Thats the kind of deal that could have landed the Rags a Fritsche, Stone, Barinka (Chicago) type prospect in addition to Jessiman & Baranka

These type of trades were not made during previous seasons so they could battle for the non-existant playoff berth.

Just sickening

Old
10-15-2003, 12:45 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train
These type of trades were not made during previous seasons so they could battle for the non-existant playoff berth.

Just sickening
And these trades are NEVER made for that reason. The team is always "in it" because it's not mathematically eliminated, but anyone willing to look objectively knows perfectly well where this team stands before the trade deadline.

The vast majority of posters in this forum knew the Rags weren't making the playoffs last year, but do Sather/Dolan admit as much? Rather they both guarantee a playoff berth and conduct business assuming that their guarantee is enough to get the team in.

And they will continue to do so. And some fans will continue to support them in this as some fans always do.

Old
10-15-2003, 06:01 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train
This is a huge problem, it will be magnified because the '03 draft was one of the deepest in years. Jackass should have loaded up on any extra 1st, 2nd & 3rd round picks he could get for our washed out vets.

I wish that he would have shipped Carter to LA for the 26th & 27th picks this year. Thats the kind of deal that could have landed the Rags a Fritsche, Stone, Barinka (Chicago) type prospect in addition to Jessiman & Baranka

Just sickening
I AGREE!!! The only way this happens is if Sather is fired then the Dastardly Dolans sell the team to someone that knows a thing or two about building a winning organization. PATIENCE!!!!

Closed Thread