HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Youth..

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-14-2003, 01:12 PM
  #1
#37-#93-#27*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 3,079
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Youth..

nothing new or surprising but thought this was funny

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Making the Cut for the 2003-04 season
Below are the prospects who made the opening night lineups for their respective teams. Eighty-nine prospects made the opening rosters in 2003-04, compared to 59 in 2002-03.

Rangers: Mike Siklenka (A waiver pick up)

Every other team had atleast one PROSPECT make a team, just pathetic how this team is.

#37-#93-#27* is offline  
Old
10-14-2003, 05:02 PM
  #2
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
dont remind me, you know how bad i wanted to draft Fritsche?

but of course we traded down to replace the picks we sent away as if they were growing on trees.

so two years in a row we've pased on an NHL'er in the second round and two years in a row i wanted to cry when they passed on the guy.

Stoll and Fritsche. Now i've never claimed to be a pro scout, but i am starting to really wonder about these people in decision making positions with the rangers.

Edge is offline  
Old
10-15-2003, 05:31 AM
  #3
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
dont remind me, you know how bad i wanted to draft Fritsche?

but of course we traded down to replace the picks we sent away as if they were growing on trees.

so two years in a row we've pased on an NHL'er in the second round and two years in a row i wanted to cry when they passed on the guy.

Stoll and Fritsche. Now i've never claimed to be a pro scout, but i am starting to really wonder about these people in decision making positions with the rangers.
Yeah, we could all say what if we drafted this guy/that guy..... we still got a few good ones, players that won't be ruined(just yet) by this administration & having to cater to gutless, overpriced teammates.

Btw, Baranka is turning out to be a steal in the 2nd round, he's getting raves around the WHL for his defensive play. He's playing on an expansion WHL team, logs alot of minutes & he's the only defensman on his team thats not a minus on the +/- chart.

Bluenote13 is offline  
Old
10-15-2003, 08:33 AM
  #4
DLaCouture39
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Yeah, we could all say what if we drafted this guy/that guy..... we still got a few good ones, players that won't be ruined(just yet) by this administration & having to cater to gutless, overpriced teammates.

Btw, Baranka is turning out to be a steal in the 2nd round, he's getting raves around the WHL for his defensive play. He's playing on an expansion WHL team, logs alot of minutes & he's the only defensman on his team thats not a minus on the +/- chart.

Yea man Marcus Jonasen is doing awesome as well, 10 games 7 goals 3 assist 10 pts 1+ 4pim 2pp 1sh 1.00ppg 0.40pimpg

Ivan Dornic I dont recall him playing or Im not sure if he is hurt.

 
Old
10-15-2003, 09:11 AM
  #5
RangersFan
Registered User
 
RangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: LA, CA & NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,660
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaCouture39
Yea man Marcus Jonasen is doing awesome as well, 10 games 7 goals 3 assist 10 pts 1+ 4pim 2pp 1sh 1.00ppg 0.40pimpg

Ivan Dornic I dont recall him playing or Im not sure if he is hurt.
He is one guy I am eager to see play in the future, have no idea about him, but his size is intriguing. I am also curious about the one picked before him, Farlardeu, I really wonder what Sather saw/sees in him besides his size, I want to see him play as well...

RangersFan is offline  
Old
10-15-2003, 11:39 AM
  #6
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
thats all well and good but the fact of the matter is that these kids are playing in the nhl while the other names are in juniors and having solid though not jaw dropping seasons.

i dont mind the guys we got necessarily so much as we made the moved we made to "replace" picks we threw away.

I like Baranka and Jonasen but it's the same old "dealing from behind the eightball" routine where we trade to get picks back and not get "additional" picks.

Edge is offline  
Old
10-15-2003, 11:53 AM
  #7
E-Train
Registered User
 
E-Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
thats all well and good but the fact of the matter is that these kids are playing in the nhl while the other names are in juniors and having solid though not jaw dropping seasons.

i dont mind the guys we got necessarily so much as we made the moved we made to "replace" picks we threw away.

I like Baranka and Jonasen but it's the same old "dealing from behind the eightball" routine where we trade to get picks back and not get "additional" picks.
This is a huge problem, it will be magnified because the '03 draft was one of the deepest in years. Jackass should have loaded up on any extra 1st, 2nd & 3rd round picks he could get for our washed out vets.

I wish that he would have shipped Carter to LA for the 26th & 27th picks this year. Thats the kind of deal that could have landed the Rags a Fritsche, Stone, Barinka (Chicago) type prospect in addition to Jessiman & Baranka

These type of trades were not made during previous seasons so they could battle for the non-existant playoff berth.

Just sickening

E-Train is offline  
Old
10-15-2003, 12:45 PM
  #8
dedalus
Registered User
 
dedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train
These type of trades were not made during previous seasons so they could battle for the non-existant playoff berth.

Just sickening
And these trades are NEVER made for that reason. The team is always "in it" because it's not mathematically eliminated, but anyone willing to look objectively knows perfectly well where this team stands before the trade deadline.

The vast majority of posters in this forum knew the Rags weren't making the playoffs last year, but do Sather/Dolan admit as much? Rather they both guarantee a playoff berth and conduct business assuming that their guarantee is enough to get the team in.

And they will continue to do so. And some fans will continue to support them in this as some fans always do.

dedalus is offline  
Old
10-15-2003, 06:01 PM
  #9
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train
This is a huge problem, it will be magnified because the '03 draft was one of the deepest in years. Jackass should have loaded up on any extra 1st, 2nd & 3rd round picks he could get for our washed out vets.

I wish that he would have shipped Carter to LA for the 26th & 27th picks this year. Thats the kind of deal that could have landed the Rags a Fritsche, Stone, Barinka (Chicago) type prospect in addition to Jessiman & Baranka

These type of trades were not made during previous seasons so they could battle for the non-existant playoff berth.

Just sickening
I AGREE!!! The only way this happens is if Sather is fired then the Dastardly Dolans sell the team to someone that knows a thing or two about building a winning organization. PATIENCE!!!!

DarthSather99 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.