Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

The Petes

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2005, 04:56 PM
thomasincanada

vCash: 500
The Petes

They seem to be struggling lately - 3 losses in a row now? And a couple of pretty big margins. They have even fallen behind the knights now in the standings (although London has played one more game).

I don't get many Petes games and was wondering if someone could fill me in - are they are injuries? Line Changes? Are they just playing not well?

Old
12-04-2005, 05:03 PM
FearTheFlyers

It seems to be lack of effort for the most part, Ryder and reddox have been invisible for the last while.

Old
12-04-2005, 07:05 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

It's kind of nice to know that there isn't one incredibly dominant team that will never be beaten like last year. Yes, the favourites have to be London and Peterborough to meet in the finals, but they are beatable. I think people jumped on the Petes' early success and just assumed it would be like last year's Knights. It doesn't seem to be the case.

Old
12-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Petes1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippyime
I think people jumped on the Petes' early success and just assumed it would be like last year's Knights.
Exactly.

The Petes are good, and should have a record like they do, but people have just hyped them up a lot more then they've deserved. A lot of the wins they've had, have been last minute wins in games, nothing in a dominating fashion. People just expected to much. They haven't been playing as good as they should all year, but have gotten a lot of good bounces. They've just recently been ending up the results they've deserved before. Their forwards should be dominating most nights and aren't, lack of effort is killing them.

Old
12-05-2005, 06:15 AM
JrHockeyFan

Well . . .

I take a look at some of their games on the cable package.

I admit i was channel surfing a bit yesterday to watch some football, but I did catch a lot of yesterday's game against Ottawa.

Seemed to me that the Petes were perpetually in penalty trouble and lagging behind most of the game, which can create a lot of shorthanded situations. They have a good team, but not a dominant one. In fact I do not believe that there is a truly dominant OHL team this year. Frankly I think Todd is an over-rated coach.

Kitchener seems to be coming on a bit lately. We will see if it lasts. DeBoer does a good job

The Knights are playing pretty good hockey. The defense is actually starting to come around. Dale Hunter is not afraid to be innovative.

Barrie, Owen Sound, and Plymouth round out what I would consider the best teams going in the OHL. I am not sure Guelph has the legs, but I could be wrong.

Old
12-05-2005, 10:36 AM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan
I take a look at some of their games on the cable package.

I admit i was channel surfing a bit yesterday to watch some football, but I did catch a lot of yesterday's game against Ottawa.

Seemed to me that the Petes were perpetually in penalty trouble and lagging behind most of the game, which can create a lot of shorthanded situations. They have a good team, but not a dominant one. In fact I do not believe that there is a truly dominant OHL team this year. Frankly I think Todd is an over-rated coach.

Kitchener seems to be coming on a bit lately. We will see if it lasts. DeBoer does a good job

The Knights are playing pretty good hockey. The defense is actually starting to come around. Dale Hunter is not afraid to be innovative.

Barrie, Owen Sound, and Plymouth round out what I would consider the best teams going in the OHL. I am not sure Guelph has the legs, but I could be wrong.

Guelph is a better team than Owen Sound at this point I think. Also ,with the hair puller returning Brampton have to be considered.

Closed Thread