Notices

Yelle Injury....

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 08:18 PM
kruezer

vCash: 500
Yelle Injury....

He managaed to get a concussion apparently in the Oiler game tonight. Anyone know how serious? I guess Saprykin could probably be used at center in a pinch....but that's our 2nd and 3rd line centers out now.

Old
10-14-2003, 08:27 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
All I've heard is it is a head injury. They haven't said anything about a concussion. Let's hope it's not serious.

Old
10-14-2003, 08:47 PM
zoidberg

Reinprecht in, Lombardi moved down, Dome called up.

Old
10-14-2003, 09:13 PM
kruezer

When is Rhino going to be ready? The next gam isn't 'til saturday so we have time I suppose.

Old
10-14-2003, 09:23 PM
icarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zoidberg
Why would anyone who watched the game tonight want to move Lombardi down? He was easily one of the best Flames forwards tonight. Rhino should be ready to go for Saturday, and Betts and Lombardi should take care of the 3rd and 4th line.

Old
10-15-2003, 07:43 AM
Flames Draft Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zoidberg
Not bloody likely. Lombardi has been extremely impressive. More consistently impressive than Saprykin or Kobasew right now. I believe one of the coaches after the last game said he looks like a 10 year veteran out there at times. To me Lombardi has earned a role on this team for now. Here's some Sutter comments on him from a recent Edmonton newspaper article...

"He's played really well," Sutter said. "He's a young guy we wanted to look at during training camp. We wanted to become a faster team and we knew he had that. The question was whether he had the maturity to play here.

"Obviously, it's game to game, but he's demonstrated that. I'd never seen him play. I'd watched him on tape ... you don't know where a player is going to be at mentally until he plays."

"It's still a bubble thing, to be quite honest," Sutter said. "He solves that himself by how he plays. I think it's great to have young guys knocking on the door."

Old
10-15-2003, 10:22 AM
Big Deaner

Send a message via Yahoo to Big Deaner
Quote:
Originally Posted by icarus
Why would anyone who watched the game tonight want to move Lombardi down? He was easily one of the best Flames forwards tonight. Rhino should be ready to go for Saturday, and Betts and Lombardi should take care of the 3rd and 4th line.
Agreed, IMO Lombardi and Betts have been the most impressive forwards so far this year and to send Lombardi down and have Lowry or Oliwa take his spot is insane. Lombardi was hands down the best player on the ice last night and was even getting double shifted late in the game last night.

Old
10-15-2003, 03:24 PM
zoidberg

No no no no no no. That's not what I meant.

Lombardi moved down in terms of lines. That was my concise, hangover ridden (went to game) post of how to use our forwards. I've been very impressed with him as well. My poor choice in wording led you to that assumption.

Thinking Yelle is injured, have Lombardi play on the third line and play Reinprecht in his spot. Then bring in Dome to play on the wings.

Actually, I really don't know why I said Dome called up. Chalk it up to inebriated moron syndrome.

Old
10-15-2003, 04:17 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
I think the fact that Commodore was sent down today, combined with Reinprecht's return, shows that Sutter won't be demoting Lombardi anytime soon.

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
10-15-2003, 08:21 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Devil
I think the fact that Commodore was sent down today, combined with Reinprecht's return, shows that Sutter won't be demoting Lombardi anytime soon.
I agree, we're at the 14 forward, 7 d-men and 2 goalie roster set now so I would think this is the way it is going to stay barring injury. The only question is if Yelle has to go on the IR and they need to call someone up.

Closed Thread