HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

If a trade is going to happen.....

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 02:26 PM
Dr_Gonz0

vCash: 500
If a trade is going to happen.....

Our scouts being spotted other teams games would be a good indication, correct? Does anyone know if they have staked out any potential trading partner's games yet? GuyF looking at you here... .

Old
10-14-2003, 02:43 PM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0
Our scouts being spotted other teams games would be a good indication, correct? Does anyone know if they have staked out any potential trading partner's games yet? GuyF looking at you here... .
You will always find an Oilers scout at another teams game. I mean isnt that their job????

Old
10-14-2003, 03:19 PM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chit94
You will always find an Oilers scout at another teams game. I mean isnt that their job????
Not often the same team over and over, though.

Old
10-14-2003, 03:27 PM
outKast*

yup Lowe's been spotted lots of times at Canadien games. Maybe he's trying to pry Komisarek out of Montreal. or maybe even Hossa

Old
10-14-2003, 03:37 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Trading for Hossa as a main return makes ZERO sense. He wouldn't bump anybody from our current top six (MAYBE Chimera, but he wouldn't be much of an upgrade this season). And as far as future goes we have Puliot/Niinimaki up the middle so I wouldn't deal a guy like Comrie for Hossa at this point. I'm still a fan of not signing him this year, signing a blueliner like Berard with his $. We could then offer up Comrie and a prospect to swap trading spots with who ever has the first overall pick.

Old
10-14-2003, 03:43 PM
outKast*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Trading for Hossa as a main return makes ZERO sense. He wouldn't bump anybody from our current top six (MAYBE Chimera, but he wouldn't be much of an upgrade this season). And as far as future goes we have Puliot/Niinimaki up the middle so I wouldn't deal a guy like Comrie for Hossa at this point. I'm still a fan of not signing him this year, signing a blueliner like Berard with his $. We could then offer up Comrie and a prospect to swap trading spots with who ever has the first overall pick.
thome im not saying the Oilers should trade for Hossa, im saying that Lowe has been to a lot of Canadiens games this pre-season. The point is, beside Komisarek and Hossa, who else would you want from Montreal? Markov? they won't get rid of him. Dykhuis, Briseboise, Ribero? You see? There isn't much to choose from. If Lowe's been at a lot of Montreal games then it's obious that's he's courting a player. I would like to see a Comrie for Komisarek straight up but it's just me.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:07 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilflip
thome im not saying the Oilers should trade for Hossa, im saying that Lowe has been to a lot of Canadiens games this pre-season. The point is, beside Komisarek and Hossa, who else would you want from Montreal? Markov? they won't get rid of him. Dykhuis, Briseboise, Ribero? You see? There isn't much to choose from. If Lowe's been at a lot of Montreal games then it's obious that's he's courting a player. I would like to see a Comrie for Komisarek straight up but it's just me.
oh ya, I knew what you were saying, didn't mean to come off the wrong way - just saying I wouldn't like to see that deal if something of equal value could be had. I too think Komi would be a good match. And call me crazy or whatever, but if we could get Briseboise, first, 3 million for Comrie and a third I'd be willing to give that a shot as Patrice can be a top four Dman - he's a good puck mover and the Oilers have a knack for getting more out of players and getting them to have career years. He has the passing skills of a 40 point man - and I think he would fit in on the Oilers (only thing is our fans are probably second worst to the idiots in Montreal that boo him. It's so dumb - booing accomplishes nothing. It doesn't help anybody but the other team. True fans (or fans that don't have their heads up their as$) don't boo their own players no matter how bad they are playing, because they understand it doesn't help their team but only hurts it.

Old
10-14-2003, 05:56 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilflip
yup Lowe's been spotted lots of times at Canadien games. Maybe he's trying to pry Komisarek out of Montreal. or maybe even Hossa
Not saying I'd like it but I would guess Comrie and Rita for Perrault and Hainsey, I think Montreal wants to make room for Komisarek and Comrie is an upgrade+cheaper then Perrault would not hate just not sure if I like it.

Closed Thread