HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I thought Flyers fans were tough

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 04:09 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
I thought Flyers fans were tough

this poor ******* got beat up and is suing the rangers
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/7006769.htm

Old
10-14-2003, 04:28 PM
Dr Love

He went to a Flyers/Rangers game at MSG, what the hell did he expect? If you guys drove down and game to a Flyers/Rangers game at the Wachovia Center, you'd expect us to be hostile--okay, well not really with the corporate atmosphere, but still--and anyone with half a brain would expect you guys to be hostile towards us at MSG. It's part of the rivalry!

Old
10-14-2003, 04:29 PM
Mark Pavelich

Send a message via AIM to Mark Pavelich
That is the biggest load of crap I have ever read. I am sure he was just sitting there doing nothing. I'd love to know what really happened.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:32 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Pavelich
That is the biggest load of crap I have ever read. I'd love to know what really happened.
Then you should see the guy that fell into the penalty box with Domi. Sued everyone and everything, and said it was very hard for him to sue the Flyers because he's such a fan yada yada yada. Not all of us are idiots like these guys.

Old
10-14-2003, 04:33 PM
Mark Pavelich

Send a message via AIM to Mark Pavelich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
Then you should see the guy that fell into the penalty box with Domi. Sued everyone and everything, and said it was very hard for him to sue the Flyers because he's such a fan yada yada yada. Not all of us are idiots like these guys.
hahaha I didn't realize that guy sued!!! I think every team has fans like that though.

Old
10-14-2003, 06:00 PM
Edge

honestly the story could check out in which case then its a shame no matter where you go. either way to get into a fight over sports teams is just mental.

other then that i dont have a problem with the guy except for the "makes you want to hate new yorkers line". from a third person perspective people in philly and ny can very easily be confused for each other.

Old
10-14-2003, 11:08 PM
LondonFan

In England, at football games, away fans aren't allowed to sit in the same sections as home fans. In fact that might just be the case throughout Europe. One would have to ask in this case how this man was identified as a Fliers fan.

Galatasaray fans hold up signs to visiting teams and supporters informing them: "Welcome to hell."

England fans were advised not to travel to Turkey for the recent international qualifier, in fact the Turkish authorities refused entry to the stadium to every foreigner.

Every major ground in England has CCTV, for the purpose of identifying "hooligans."

In other words, you have to expect violence, so the authorities and teams should do all they can to prevent it, but on the other hand, you have to be somewhat responsible for yourself. According to this guy's own story, he walked right into the trouble.

Old
10-15-2003, 12:44 AM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Don't tell anyone, but I once started a snowball fight between Isle fans and Habs fans in the Nassau Coliseum Parking lot!!!

Old
10-15-2003, 04:38 AM
303Joe

Was that you who started that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger
Don't tell anyone, but I once started a snowball fight between Isle fans and Habs fans in the Nassau Coliseum Parking lot!!!
you punk. Ahh just jokin'. Anyway I'm not sure what this guy expected to happen. Hes at the 1st Flyer/Ranger game since the Lindros trade and should have known things woul dbe a little tense. Granted when you go to an away game especially if you have your teams jersey on you expect to get a little harrasment. You know the usual blank sucks, go home, this and that. I've been at Isles/Rangers games to many times and have had only 1 problem when we had about 15 guys behide Richter up in the green seats and Turgeon scored his 50 goal in OT. A few hammer heads came over yelling this and that luckily there some security around and everything stayed pretty quiet. Other than that I always wear my jersey and as long as you're not much of an ahole and remember you're in the other teams arena you shouldn't have a problem. Sure you can go back and forth w/ the other fans and cheer when youre team scores or lands a big hit you can do some yelling just don't run around everytime they get a goal looking for trouble you should be ok.

Old
10-15-2003, 05:45 AM
Melrose_Jr.

If you happen to see this ***** at a game, hand him a tissue.

Old
10-15-2003, 05:59 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

The assailants didn't flee, he ate them.

Old
10-15-2003, 12:36 PM
Edge

i dunno personally i dont care what the sport or what city, sports is a game and the fact that people get into fights over it really highlights why i think humans as a collective species are pretty {expletive} stupid.

There probably is intelligent life out there somewhere, but why the hell would anyone want to visit this planet.

Hell even i wouldnt mind leaving it if i could =)

Old
10-15-2003, 01:38 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer

****ing *****.

Old
10-15-2003, 05:09 PM
Edge

and what if he did nothing?

cmon guys i am not saying the guy was a saint but this is just getting really immature.

therefore by the grace of god go not us.

Old
10-15-2003, 05:23 PM
_P_

Send a message via AIM to _P_
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille

****ing *****.

**He had tried after 9/11, which was still fresh in his mind two months later. "Riding the train up, my buddy and I, we're thinking, 'We'll do our part. We're all New Yorkers now.' "**

and hes somehow guna bring 9-11 into this
what a joke

Old
10-15-2003, 05:27 PM
Edge

oh gimme a break.
i say the same thing to myself when i go back to ny, and i grew up there!

Cmon NY is a wonderful city but lets not kid ourselves about the..... "personality" the city has. NY is a very abbrassive city. Like that uncle you love. He's fun, he's bright but then it's time to go home because he can be too overbearing.

somehow i knew someone was gonna pick a 9/11 line and shift the focus

Closed Thread