HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

CBSSportsline: Bertuzzi To The Kings?(SPECULATION)

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2005, 02:22 PM
Howard35

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Howard35
if bert is moved this means vancouver isnt looking at being contenders this year and are gonna deal away the house. Naslund will be pretty PO'd IMHO... if i was him and bert is dealt for kids id definitely go2 Nonis and want out, i wouldnt want to remain in a town who doesnt want to win and my career is gonna be over soon...

Old
12-06-2005, 02:23 PM
The Frugal Gourmet

I thought Bertuzzi was a pending UFA. How in the hell is he going to get anything close to what Thornton got?

Old
12-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrisweb
*shrug* I still don't buy into the theory that he wants out or is even on the block.
I see no reason not to buy it. Heatley wanted out of Atlanta to escape the memory of what he did. Bertuzzi could very well want out of Vancouver to escape the memory of what he did. I have no doubt that it also helps a huge amount that Heatley has become one of the top players in the league in his fresh environment. I'm sure Todd has had his eye on Dany all season and is thinking about how a similar change of scenery could put his past behind him and make him a top player in the league once again.

Old
12-06-2005, 02:27 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan
Kudos for a clever comment.
So clever in fact, I went scrolling back to the beginning looking for Anna's hat.

I can see Bertuzzi staying in Vancouver for the rest of this season... one more playoff run with this core and after that changes will ultimatley have to be made anyway.

Old
12-06-2005, 02:29 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frugal Gourmet
I thought Bertuzzi was a pending UFA. How in the hell is he going to get anything close to what Thornton got?
you thought wrong, thats why.

he has 1 more year after this one.

Old
Olias of Sunhillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
That's the rub. You don't value a player based solely on when he's playing well. Consistency is a big factor in determining value. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my impression of Bertuzzi is that he isn't consistent enough to warrant $5.2M. Also, he may not be playing badly right now, but many $2M (and cheaper) players are putting up the same points, and there's no guarantee that he'll regain his previous form. That has to factor into any potential trading partner's plans.
I think it does, indeed, factor into a trading partner's plans. Bert's trade value today is not what it's been at its highest because of the questions about his day-in, day-out performance.

I think a team that trades good value for Bert would have to be confident that it could coax enough consistency out of Bertuzzi to make him the monster he's been in years past.

People think that superstars just naturally lay it all on the line every night. That's wrong. Superstars require just as much coaching, if not more, than mediocre players do to keep them performing at the highest possible level. A team trading for Bert would have to be confident that their coaching staff would be able to motivate him to keep running on all cylinders at all times, just like they would with any superstar.

Old
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
if bert is moved this means vancouver isnt looking at being contenders this year and are gonna deal away the house. Naslund will be pretty PO'd IMHO... if i was him and bert is dealt for kids id definitely go2 Nonis and want out, i wouldnt want to remain in a town who doesnt want to win and my career is gonna be over soon...

depends on the return. If they get a legtimate scorer who can produce consistently for Bertuzzi he won't be too mad

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
12-06-2005, 02:33 PM
19Yzerman19

vCash: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
I'm not sure what Ms. Kournikova's hat has to do with all this, but Pavel Bure wasn't garbage.

nice

Old
12-06-2005, 02:34 PM
AgentOrange*

(NYI) Weinhandl, Sopel & York (combined salaries are around $5M) for Bertuzzi & Ruutu?

Old
12-06-2005, 02:35 PM
trbr86

vCash: 50
I have to think that even Naslund is frustrated with Bertuzzi's play as of late. He's often on the receiving end of one of Todd's ill-advised drop-passes.

Besides, Naslund is the captain of Vancouver first, and a friend to Bertuzzi second. He might be miffed if his linemate is traded, but he's not going to turn his back on this team. Unfortunately for Todd, the last couple seasons seems to have proven the opposite, that Markus comes before his committment to the team.

Old
12-06-2005, 02:35 PM
gars59

zednik , bonk and souray vs bertuzzi

Old
12-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange
(NYI) Weinhandl, Sopel & York (combined salaries are around $5M) for Bertuzzi & McCarthy or Baumgartner or a pick?

:dontknow:
I'm terrible with trades (mind you I'm not alone, he, he) but that sounds pretty good to me actually. And Sopelfan will be so pleased to get his guy back.

Old
12-06-2005, 02:39 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by gars59
Woah there! Thats a lot!

Old
12-06-2005, 02:40 PM
west in the east

also, if Bert has requested a trade Nazzy would respect the situation and realize that it is likely best for bert and the team. If the trade has been requested I see no trouble with Naz

Old
12-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Thalia

Quote:
(NYI) Weinhandl, Sopel & York (combined salaries are around $5M) for Bertuzzi & Ruutu?

Hey, you changed McCarthy or Baumer to Ruutu so all deals are off now; I'm not signing anything.

Old
12-06-2005, 02:43 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by gars59
Can we just start a thread called "Zednik, Bonk, and Souray for..." ?

That way Habs fans can just type in the rumored name du jour.

12-06-2005, 02:44 PM
AgentOrange*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia
Hey, you changed McCarthy or Baumer to Ruutu so all deals are off now; I'm not signing anything.
That's because I thought Ruutu would favour NYI much much more.

Old
12-06-2005, 02:51 PM
The Frugal Gourmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi
you thought wrong, thats why.

he has 1 more year after this one.
Ahhh.... makes more sense, then.

Old
12-06-2005, 02:55 PM
Thalia

Quote:
That's because I thought Ruutu would favour NYI much much more.
Ruutu has become a small god these days in Vancouver... he'll be here for a while I'd think.

Take McCarthy, Baumer AND a pick but leave Ruutu here so he can annoy Phaneuf some more this season.

Old
12-06-2005, 03:00 PM
Rotang

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
I dont necessarily think that's true. Right now Bertuzzi is hurting his team more than anything, I cant count how many scoring chances Naslund has passed up in order to feed the puck to Bertuzzi behind the play.

I'd take two guys like Brown and Cammalleri who work hard every shift over Bertuzzi's floating, uninterested efforts right now. IMO, it makes the Canucks better now and better in the future. Not sure how much cap space LA has though, or why they would be interested in trading Brown...Cammalleri I could see. He's stuck on the lower end of the depth chart.

I just can't imagine LA trading Brown and Cammalleri though...we'll see i suppose

Old
12-06-2005, 03:06 PM
Ronald Pagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frugal Gourmet
Pending UFA or not he's going to get no where near the value that Thornton got.

As much as Canucks fans want to wax poetic about how Bertuzzi is a 'premier' power forward who can 'take over' a game with his 'physical power' the entire league has seen how he hasn't done that for a good one and a half seasons.

Thornton is a 100+ point producing 26 year old franchise centre.

Bertuzzi is a 30 year old forward who has scored over 30 goals twice in his career and is on pace for just over 20 this season. That's while playing with one of the league's best pure offensive talents.

Give your head a shake if you think Bertuzzi is anywhere near Thornton's trade value.

Old
12-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Flash Walken

that $4 million still to be paid is an albatross too in terms of a trade.

Old
12-06-2005, 03:36 PM
SammyTheBull

I don't see Bertuzzi staying in the West if Vancouver decides to trade em.

Old
12-06-2005, 03:55 PM
CBGB

Bertuzzi isn't playing with the same fire - A change of scenery will due him good (i.e. Heatley).

Not many teams can AFFORD to take on his salary and Vancouver is capped out with an injured starting goaltender.

Dave Taylor still has 5-6 million to play with and could easily swing a deal, HOWEVER he did say in the la times today that he was "very happy with the current club".

For those thinking that the 'Nucks wouldn't trade in their conference, Rob Blake was traded to Coloado. Matt Schneider was traded to Detroit and Heatley went from Atlanta to Ottawa.

Dave Taylor usually makes a big deal once a year (Chokemanek for a 2nd, Yushkevich for Lilja and a scrub, Allison for Murray and StumBle, Straka for a couple of prospects).

If he is "happy" with this club, lets see how he feels when we hit another 10 game losing streak. We still haven't heard from Val Bure this season either (nor do we expect to), and we still need a brawler (Parros out for a while and Flinn split his head open)

Rumors to the Kings usually NEVER happen (did ANYONE think #99 was coming here?), so take THIS one with a grain of salt (for all I know, CBS got the rumor from Eklund!)

Still fun to think about.

Old
12-06-2005, 03:55 PM
messy_eh

Quote:

A little of topic but wouldn't that essentially make the isles fans furious

Trevor linden = Brian McCabe Todd Bertuzzi, and 3rd (Jarko Ruuttu)

Mcabe dealt for Daniel Sedin
Linden Back With Canucks
Bert and Ruuttu - bring back A younger Weinhandl, York, and Sopel

just seems kind of funny to deal away all that talent to get back what you already had

Anyway I am not sure if the proposal would fit the Canucks needs I think we would be looking more for a top line player to take Berts spot or at least someone who can step in and play the top line

Closed Thread