HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CBSSportsline: Bertuzzi To The Kings?(SPECULATION)

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2005, 03:57 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange
(NYI) Weinhandl, Sopel & York (combined salaries are around $5M) for Bertuzzi & Ruutu?

a big no. Sopel is ridiculously overpaid, and the other two are softies.

Old
12-06-2005, 04:03 PM
AgentOrange*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck Highlander

A little of topic but wouldn't that essentially make the isles fans furious

Trevor linden = Brian McCabe Todd Bertuzzi, and 3rd (Jarko Ruuttu)

Mcabe dealt for Daniel Sedin
Linden Back With Canucks
Bert and Ruuttu - bring back A younger Weinhandl, York, and Sopel

just seems kind of funny to deal away all that talent to get back what you already had.
I didnt even realize all of that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck Highlander
Anyway I am not sure if the proposal would fit the Canucks needs I think we would be looking more for a top line player to take Berts spot or at least someone who can step in and play the top line
York is cabable of playing on the top line. Weinhandl is back with the twins. Sopel upgrades the D.

Anyways, I was thinking the Isles could then package Bertuzzi and DiPietro for Luongo and Ollie.

Old
12-06-2005, 04:08 PM
bayern13

to VCR from LA: Cammalleri and tambellini
to AVS from VCR: Bertuzzi
to LA from AVS: Tanguay

Old
12-06-2005, 04:10 PM
west in the east

intra-division deffinately not happening

Old
12-06-2005, 04:11 PM
illogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayern13

At least I hope it was supposed to be funny!

Old
12-06-2005, 04:14 PM
bayern13

yes but no one knows...

Old
12-06-2005, 04:19 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Why in God's name would they trade Bertuzzi to Colorado....

Old
12-06-2005, 04:22 PM
illogic

I'm pretty sure it was just some tongue-in-cheek humour from bayern13.

Old
12-06-2005, 04:36 PM
19nazzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
Why in God's name would they trade Bertuzzi to Colorado....
Brad May went to Colorado

Old
12-06-2005, 04:45 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Bertuzzi isn't going to LA for youngsters like Brown, Cammaleri, Tambellini, Gleason, or whoever LA is offering. The up-roar in this town would be INSANE if we traded a first team all-star for prospects. If they want em' start with Frolov.

Old
12-06-2005, 04:51 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
Bertuzzi isn't going to LA for youngsters like Brown, Cammaleri, Tambellini, Gleason, or whoever LA is offering. The up-roar in this town would be INSANE if we traded a first team all-star for prospects. If they want em' start with Frolov.
be realistic man...
I would be happy getting a package of those prospects back. Frolov for Bertuzzi would get a very fast dialtone from DT.

Old
12-06-2005, 04:52 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi
be realistic man...
I would be happy getting a package of those prospects back. Frolov for Bertuzzi would get a very fast dialtone from DT.
I don't mean straight up - but the only way I do it is if Frolov is coming back the other way. Something like Morrison and Bertuzzi for Frolov and Roenick.

Old
12-06-2005, 04:56 PM
ahmon

Quote:
brown alone might have more value than bertuzzi when you factor in salary..

if we could get a package of brown and gleason.. nonis better pull the trigger..

Old
12-06-2005, 05:02 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmon
brown alone might have more value than bertuzzi when you factor in salary..

if we could get a package of brown and gleason.. nonis better pull the trigger..

Nonis will NOT be getting Gleason.

Old
12-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Kings will not trade Gleason as he is seen as the cornerstone of the Kings defense. Grebeshkov on the other hand can be dealt. Brown is still only 21 and is struggling to find his offensive game, but he has been a physical pressence. They probably will move if they got a return like Bertuzzi.

BUT, Brown at 21 and Grebeshkov at 22 will stick around for a long time. Bertuzzi will be turning 31 in February and has one more year remaining on his $5+M contract.

Old
12-06-2005, 05:14 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

just went through this thread...

at this point I don't really care if the canucks deal Bertuzzi... part of me wants him to stay, because IMO he's still a top player - even when he's playing lazy and disinterested like during the long stretch, until a few games ago, he is still creating some offense out there... he's does get the puck in the offensive zone, and is distributing it to his linemates enough to help the team.

We'd all like to see him shoot more, go hard to the net, etc... but a disinterested Bertuzzi is still more effective than the average top 6 forward, and why I don't mind taking the chance to see if he can turn it up again, and especially in the playoffs.

However, he's just not a player I would really be sad to see get traded... I'd be sad as hell if he got traded for futures, or a low return that hurts our team this year though.

Out of all the players mentioned so far in this thread, the one I'd consider is the Brown + Gleason one... but again, only if the canucks can use the cap space saved to improve their team in other areas (and not have to pick up a contract like Roenick's).

Outside of getting Brown AND Gleason, I don't at all consider moving Bertuzzi to LA (their "untradeables" notwithstanding)... There will be teams in the East that can come up with comparable offers IMO, and the only way LA gets him is if the canucks can get 2 players to plug in right away and cap space to improve the team.

Old
12-06-2005, 05:23 PM
bayern13

i'm not ok with trading brown for bertuzzi because bert can teach brown to be a very good power forward
so what about bert and Mc carthy for cammy tambs and a 2nd or grebs?

Old
12-06-2005, 05:33 PM
VanCity Millionaires

vCash: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayern13
You've gotta be F***in jokin . . . you think we're gonna give Colorado Bert!

Even crazier is the idea that they'ld want him.

Old
12-06-2005, 05:37 PM
ahmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat
Nonis will NOT be getting Gleason.

as a canucks fan.. you can only hope.. hence y i said he better pull the trigger..

rite now i would do a brown and tambellini, 2nd for bert

Old
12-06-2005, 06:16 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

boggles my mind....why would VAN trade Bertuzzi to LA...that's like helping LA by giving them a boost to a higher position in the standings...unless LA blows them away with great prospect returns, it just makes little sense...perhaps a Kings' Dman would be going the other way (Norstrom/Miller/Lubo)

Old
12-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood1717
You've gotta be F***in jokin . . . you think we're gonna give Colorado Bert!

Even crazier is the idea that they'ld want him.
Oh c'mon, the Avs' fans will be lined up to buy Bert jerseys after the first arse kickin' he gives the 'Nucks.

Old
12-06-2005, 06:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Am I the only Kings fan who would be disgusted if we got Bertuzzi? Not just because of his track record but for the fact that we'd be dealing young players that we're trying to build around for a guy who's going to be a free agent in a season?

Old
12-06-2005, 06:41 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Agreed 100%. The Canucks are one of the top teams in the Western conference and have high hopes for the post-season. If they were to trade Bertuzzi mid-season for picks/prospects they'd basically be throwing the season away.

Personally, I don't see Bertuzzi being dealt at all this season unless he openly demands a trade of if another team overpays. If the Canucks want to have a successful post-season they are going to need Bertuzzi in the line-up, or at least a player with comparable impact. If the Canucks have another lackluster post-season, then I can definitely see the Canucks trading Bertuzzi for young assets, but not in the midst of a very important season. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Old
12-06-2005, 06:48 PM
TheDynasty

Quote:
I'm sorry, but you would have to be criminally insane not to accept a Brown + Gleason for Bertuzzi package in my opinion (and I am a fan of neither team). I think Vancouver could actually be a better team this year with that trade, as Gleason helps their abysmal defensive depth (how is Steve McCarthy still playing in the NHL? My five year old sister is probably stronger in the corners). Additionally, Brown has the ability to offensively replace Bertuzzi if given the right chemistry. Plus, aren't the Canucks like right up against the cap? Jeeze, talk about killing off all your problems with one trade.

All that being said, I also think LA would have to be criminally insane to offer both Brown and Gleason in trade. Hopefully this opens up the door for my Habs to snag Bertuzzi for a bit less.

Old
12-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDynasty
I'm sorry, but you would have to be criminally insane not to accept a Brown + Gleason for Bertuzzi package in my opinion (and I am a fan of neither team). I think Vancouver could actually be a better team this year with that trade, as Gleason helps their abysmal defensive depth (how is Steve McCarthy still playing in the NHL? My five year old sister is probably stronger in the corners). Additionally, Brown has the ability to offensively replace Bertuzzi if given the right chemistry. Plus, aren't the Canucks like right up against the cap? Jeeze, talk about killing off all your problems with one trade.

All that being said, I also think LA would have to be criminally insane to offer both Brown and Gleason in trade. Hopefully this opens up the door for my Habs to snag Bertuzzi for a bit less.
Gleason would be the 5th d-man on the Canucks depth chart, hardly a spot that needs to be improved if it costs trading away your 2nd best forward. As for Brown, at this time, he'd come nowhere close to replacing Bertuzzi's spot on the top line. In the future, maybe, but the Canucks are looking to win now, and Gleason and Brown don't make them a better team. Salary cap space would be nice though!

Closed Thread