HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

refreshing honesty from prucha

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2005, 05:22 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch
PASS

Why would you pass on that?

12-06-2005, 05:26 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Looked to me he clearly pushed it in? Maybe he really wanted to let Jagr get credit for that goal.
The defenseman went to push it back into his tendy but it bounced off and went in. I wanted to say this earlier but I figured everyone would jump on me for hating Prucha, which isn't the case.

Old
12-06-2005, 05:32 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
He worked pretty hard to put himself in position to get a lucky goal.

Again, I hate to be bearer of bad news, but he wasn't touched in the slot. He had the first shot off, and stick on the rebound before there was anyone even close to him.

It's good for his confidence to get this PP time, and if he was going to stay here he needed to play important minutes.

Renney, of all the stories of the year so far, is the person I've been most impressed with. He knows what is necessary for development, and so far he's used team discipline and sort of what they'd call "clan control" in the management world, to keep everyone in line. And to think that he also helps to run the draft is good news for our future if you ask me.

Old
12-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

I was sitting right behind the net and thought the same thing to, that the defenseman hit it off his goalie and in. Didnt think Prucha touched it.

Prucha reminds me of St. Louis. Same style of play.

Small, fast and gritty.

Old
12-06-2005, 06:11 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicilian
not sure you can expect much more for him. he's hardly an established player and i doubt his brother has that much pull in atlanta yet.
A few posters on the Anaheim board think Hossa for Sykora would be good for both teams. I'd do that trade if for no other reason it opens a spot for a youngster next season.

Hossa = stop gap

Old
12-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Sicilian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
A few posters on the Anaheim board think Hossa for Sykora would be good for both teams. I'd do that trade if for no other reason it opens a spot for a youngster next season.

Hossa = stop gap
anyone know of sykora's contract situation? is this his last year?

again, i know sykora is more skilled than hossa, but i'm still afraid to mess with things right now, especially for a marginal and questionable upgrade. i haven't been entirely disappointed with hossa anyway, and seeing as we got hossa in a lateral move of sorts i don't see the point in jumping the gun and making another one here.

of course, as i said, the contract situations for both players might change my mind. if sykora has one year left and hossa has multiple, then i think i'd be all for it.

Old
12-06-2005, 07:40 PM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicilian
anyone know of sykora's contract situation? is this his last year?

again, i know sykora is more skilled than hossa, but i'm still afraid to mess with things right now, especially for a marginal and questionable upgrade. i haven't been entirely disappointed with hossa anyway, and seeing as we got hossa in a lateral move of sorts i don't see the point in jumping the gun and making another one here.

of course, as i said, the contract situations for both players might change my mind. if sykora has one year left and hossa has multiple, then i think i'd be all for it.
Sykora is definately a UFA after this season. Hossa I'm not sure.

Old
12-06-2005, 07:43 PM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
You know, that is exactly what I thought when I first saw it go in (i was sitting at the opposite end of the Garden), but then they showed the replay and it looked like Prucha got it, then again the Garden uses the OLN replays and they are horrible so it was hard to see what happened.
They use the OLN replays at the Garden. Do they play the awsome music during the replay too?

Old
12-06-2005, 08:12 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottokeeponrisin
I would say Prucha and Lundy justify some good drafting by some of the BONEHEAD draft moves made by the Rangers in recent years. By Bonehead I mean, taking Jessiman in the first round. I also thought we should of gambled with Schremp after the Montya pick at #6. However, I was very pleased with taking Staal in the last draft because I think we have not have a top pair stay at home defensemen since Beukeboom.
For anyone to say Jessiman is a bust at this point knows nothing about young developing players. Yeah, it's great to go back and say we should have done this and should have done that. The last few years the Ranger management held character in HIGH regard. Schremp had character issues. From the results this year it's hard to fault the type of players the Rangers have been picking.

Jessiman is FAR from a bust. Research any power forward that has played in the NHL and you'll see that it takes time for them to develope. When they do develope, they are unstoppable. You do not turn away from a guy that is as big as Jessiman, can skate that well and has the hands that he has. Scouts look for the player with the best long range potential not who will be the best three years after the draft. I still say Jessiman will be a player in the NHL. Jessiman should be in Dartmouth this year.

Most people proclaimed Lee Farledeau a bust. He has been doing extremely well in Hartford this year. He is alot like Jessiman as he is a BIG player that has to grow into his frame and learn to use it. He played just about the whole year in the ECHL last year.

Old
12-06-2005, 09:31 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Well I hope you're right about Jessiman. He's a player that I'm interested in watching develop. The Rangers haven't had a good power forward in years. I'm really excited about seeing him on the Rangers down the road.

Old
12-07-2005, 08:05 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
Research any power forward that has played in the NHL and you'll see that it takes time for them to develope. When they do develope, they are unstoppable.

Most people proclaimed Lee Farledeau a bust. He has been doing extremely well in Hartford this year.
Three points:
1. Yes power forwards take more time to develop. However, it is discouraging that he had to be demoted all the way to the ECHL. That is not a good sign.
2. What if the do not develop? Not all do. Unstoppable is a very overated term.
3. Falardeau is a bust. Ok, he looks like he can make a decent AHLer. He is in no danger of being a call-up at anytime. He is not in any danger of seeing the NHL anytime soon. When one thinks of players that are doing well in Hartford that the Rangers could have a use for soon, his name does not come to mind.

Old
12-07-2005, 08:23 AM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Three points:
1. Yes power forwards take more time to develop. However, it is discouraging that he had to be demoted all the way to the ECHL. That is not a good sign.
At this point, its neither completely good nor bad..

He needs more ice time period, and the fact that there's more prospects playing in Hartford is good for the organization.

Jessiman lost most of the year last year, and likely should still be at Dartmouth, but playing a lot in the E will be just as good for him.

We all knew this kid would take a while, I don't see any reason why we should think he isn't working out thus far.

Old
12-07-2005, 08:46 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
At this point, its neither completely good nor bad..

He needs more ice time period, and the fact that there's more prospects playing in Hartford is good for the organization.

Jessiman lost most of the year last year, and likely should still be at Dartmouth, but playing a lot in the E will be just as good for him.

We all knew this kid would take a while, I don't see any reason why we should think he isn't working out thus far.
It's been discouraging because so much was expected but as D points out above it's not the end of the line for the kid.

The most positive aspect of this is that the kid appartently is very driven to improve as shown by his dedication over the summers working out at the MSG training w/the vets and I think in the long run his size and dedication will propel him to a nice 2nd line winger career with an upside of Glen Murray IMO which wouldn't be all that bad.

Old
12-07-2005, 11:38 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
Three points:
2. What if the do not develop? Not all do. Unstoppable is a very overated term.
3. Falardeau is a bust. Ok, he looks like he can make a decent AHLer. He is in no danger of being a call-up at anytime. He is not in any danger of seeing the NHL anytime soon. When one thinks of players that are doing well in Hartford that the Rangers could have a use for soon, his name does not come to mind.
Not sure I agree with you on number 3 TB. If you'd have asked me prior to the season I think I would have. The one game I saw him in Binghamton he looked pretty good. He's big and it looked to me like he filled out. His skating wasn't a problem and he threw several good bodychecks. He was a lot more evident in this appearance than Taffe was anyway. Since then he seems to have solidified a spot on the team and has provided some offense. I'm not going to say he's making the team next year but it wouldn't surprise me if he got a good look.

Closed Thread