HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Parise ( and others) in trouble?

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 07:29 PM
jiggs 10

vCash: 500
Parise ( and others) in trouble?

UND's Zach Parise, along with a teammate and 3 Boston College players, was cited for minor in a bar last weekend. Will this effect the Sioux and the Eagles? Will the players be suspended? All were (of course) under the age of 21 and in a bar when they were arrested (or "cited"). I'm not sure of the NCAA rules regarding this sort of thing, but I imagine all the players involved will be suspended for at least 1 game for violating team rules. Does anyone know what the NCAA ruling on such things is?

Old
10-23-2003, 09:18 PM
Saprykin Fan

hey

The players will probably be suspended for a while, was there a fight though?

Old
10-23-2003, 09:28 PM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs 10
UND's Zach Parise, along with a teammate and 3 Boston College players, was cited for minor in a bar last weekend. Will this effect the Sioux and the Eagles? Will the players be suspended? All were (of course) under the age of 21 and in a bar when they were arrested (or "cited"). I'm not sure of the NCAA rules regarding this sort of thing, but I imagine all the players involved will be suspended for at least 1 game for violating team rules. Does anyone know what the NCAA ruling on such things is?
jiggs: As far as I know it is up to the individual institutions to take the necessary disciplinary action, unless it is a repeated infraction. As Saprykin pointed out, they'll likely all be disciplined, if for no other reason for violating team rules. Both Dean Blais and Jerry York will not like this and I won't be the least bit surprised if both coaches come down hard on these players for the violations. But for Blais, it may be a case of "here we go again". Does anyone remember the Jake Brandt incident?

Closed Thread