HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston/Toronto Proposal....(Samsonov)

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Raging Bull

vCash: 500
Boston/Toronto Proposal....(Samsonov)

To Boston : Nik Antropov, Robbie Earl, and a 3rd round pick.

To Toronto : Sergei Samsonov

Not really sure what it would take to get Sergei out of Boston so I am actually looking for other proposals/ideas.....

Old
12-07-2005, 10:06 AM
CombatOnContact

Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull

Not really sure what it would take to get Sergei out of Boston so I am actually looking for other proposals/ideas.....
it would take MUCH more than that to get Samsonov...especially from a division Rival. add Stajan, Welwood, or (obviously) Steen, and its probably a possibility. I don't know much about Early, but Antropov doesn't even come close to being fair value for Samsonov.

Old
12-07-2005, 10:07 AM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:

Leafs don't give up enough. Might have to be a 1st rounder if the only other player with any value going to Boston is Antro. I don't think they'd even want Earl.

Old
12-07-2005, 10:12 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact
it would take MUCH more than that to get Samsonov...especially from a division Rival. add Stajan, Welwood, or (obviously) Steen, and its probably a possibility. I don't know much about Early, but Antropov doesn't even come close to being fair value for Samsonov.
Well I can't see Toronto throwing in a excellent young player like one of those for a player who will be a UFA.

How about Antropov, Jeremy Williams and a 2nd?

Old
12-07-2005, 10:15 AM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
Well I can't see Toronto throwing in a excellent young player like one of those for a player who will be a UFA.

meh, not gonna happen...

how bout:

Isbister, Martin Samuelsson and a 5th

for

Antropov

?

Old
12-07-2005, 10:16 AM
neelynugs

Quote:

ummm...no

samsonov won't be traded to the leafs - OC would sooner sell his own kidney on ebay

Old
12-07-2005, 10:21 AM
Pepper

Why on earth would Bruins do any of these deals proposed in this thread??

Old
12-07-2005, 11:30 AM
richardn

Quote:
So let me get this straight you think this would be fair

To Boston: Nik Antropov, Alex Steen, Robbie Earl, and a 3rd round pick

To Toronto: Samsonov

Need I remind you that Samsonov is an injury prone UFA next season. JFJ would laugh in your face and hang up the phone.

Old
12-07-2005, 11:34 AM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardn
So let me get this straight you think this would be fair

To Boston: Nik Antropov, Alex Steen, Robbie Earl, and a 3rd round pick

To Toronto: Samsonov

Need I remind you that Samsonov is an injury prone UFA next season. JFJ would laugh in your face and hang up the phone.
that's fine by me, then we get to keep Samsonov.

if JFJ called MOC with the original offer...I hope that he would laugh in his face and hang up the phone as well...but I'm not as confident.

I have no idea who Robbie Earl is, I wouldn't even ask for him. My offer would actually be more like Antropov and Stajan.

Old
12-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
that's fine by me, then we get to keep Samsonov.

if JFJ called MOC with the original offer...I hope that he would laugh in his face and hang up the phone as well...but I'm not as confident.

I have no idea who Robbie Earl is, I wouldn't even ask for him. My offer would actually be more like Antropov and Stajan.
If you don't even know who Robbie Earl is why would just assume he isn't worth that much?

Here is his profile on HF: Robbie Earl

Old
12-07-2005, 12:55 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
You're basically giving garbage for a scoring winger. Antropov has little value, and I haven't heard of the other dude so he can't be anything special.

Old
12-07-2005, 01:12 PM
joepeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalevPantherFan
You're basically giving garbage for a scoring winger. Antropov has little value, and I haven't heard of the other dude so he can't be anything special.
Obviouslly you don't watch the Leafs.. you heard Antropov an assume he's ****...

maybe you should watch a game... because he's been Toronto's best player along with his linemates of Allison and Poni the whole season... They hustle score play hard, hit, and you can't get the puck off them!

No deal from my point of view...

I don't want Samsonov, he sucks as the last poster put it! He has no trade value...

P.S. we have a floater in Chewy... a poor mans Samsonov.... I'll pass on him thanks

Old
12-07-2005, 01:15 PM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
If you don't even know who Robbie Earl is why would just assume he isn't worth that much?

Here is his profile on HF: Robbie Earl
I didn't actually assume he wasn't worth much, I just wouldn't trade for him a) because I don't know much about him, b) I would want players that can play now if I were trading Samsonov.

Earl could be a great player someday, his profile would suggest that, but the keyword there is: someday. O'Connell himself needs to make trades to better this team now...if he wants to keep his job. Trading Samsonov for Antropov and Earl would not do that...in fact, it makes us WORSE now...and only possibly slightly better later.

Old
12-07-2005, 01:18 PM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepeps
Obviouslly you don't watch the Leafs.. you heard Antropov an assume he's ****...

maybe you should watch a game... because he's been Toronto's best player along with his linemates of Allison and Poni the whole season... They hustle score play hard, hit, and you can't get the puck off them!

No deal from my point of view...

I don't want Samsonov, he sucks as the last poster put it! He has no trade value...

P.S. we have a floater in Chewy... a poor mans Samsonov.... I'll pass on him thanks
not sure if your being sarcastic or not. If so, I apologize.

To say Samsonov sucks is quite unintelligent. He is a VERY crafty player, creative, and extremely offensive. I won't go through a scouting report of Samsonov, but I think its pretty obvious that he is a very good hockey player. Comparing him to Czerkawski is blasphomy and if I had to describe Sergei in one word, Floater would not even be in consideration for considering.

Old
12-07-2005, 01:19 PM
joepeps

Quote:
I didn't actually assume he wasn't worth much, I just wouldn't trade for him a) because I don't know much about him, b) I would want players that can play now if I were trading Samsonov.

Earl could be a great player someday, his profile would suggest that, but the keyword there is: someday. O'Connell himself needs to make trades to better this team now...if he wants to keep his job. Trading Samsonov for Antropov and Earl would not do that...in fact, it makes us WORSE now...and only possibly slightly better later.
I disagree, you get a guy whos going to hustle and hit and score some goals and make good plays... A PK and PP guy... NO WAY should Toronto trade him, and Boston would do that deal in a second...

Old
12-07-2005, 01:20 PM
joepeps

Quote:
not sure if your being sarcastic or not. If so, I apologize.

To say Samsonov sucks is quite unintelligent. He is a VERY crafty player, creative, and extremely offensive. I won't go through a scouting report of Samsonov, but I think its pretty obvious that he is a very good hockey player. Comparing him to Czerkawski is blasphomy and if I had to describe Sergei in one word, Floater would not even be in consideration for considering.

yes I was being sarcastic that he sucks... I was comparing that to your Robbie Earl comparison... and Antropov

Old
12-07-2005, 01:24 PM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
I disagree, you get a guy whos going to hustle and hit and score some goals and make good plays... A PK and PP guy... NO WAY should Toronto trade him, and Boston would do that deal in a second...
I'm sorry, but Boston would NOT do that deal in a second. It would probably take MOC at least 3 or 4 seconds and a working fax machine

in all seriousness, Samsonov is more valuable to the Bruins than Antropov would be, and likewise, Antropov is more valuable to the Leafs than Samsonov would be...so ...the trade would never happen for a lot of reasons, this one probably first and foremost.

Old
12-07-2005, 01:25 PM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
yes I was being sarcastic that he sucks... I was comparing that to your Robbie Earl comparison... and Antropov
glad it was sacastic, but who did I compare Robbie Earl to?

Old
12-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
in all seriousness, Samsonov is more valuable to the Bruins than Antropov would be, and likewise, Antropov is more valuable to the Leafs than Samsonov would be...so ...the trade would never happen for a lot of reasons, this one probably first and foremost.
I don't know about that. We have lots of Antropov types on our team. Slow, big, great down low. We need a fast scoring top six winger. You know as well as I do that Allison and Samsonov have good chemisty together, and I think if would be in JFJ's best interest to try and cut a deal with MOC. I honestly do not really know what it would take to get him out of Boston, but I do know Boston will want at least one roster player and a pretty good prospect.

Old
12-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:

So just because you have never heard of him, means he isn't a good prospect? Good analogy.

Old
12-07-2005, 01:30 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
So just because you have never heard of him, means he isn't a good prospect? Good analogy.
I am MORE than confident in my knowledge of hockey and prospects. If a prospect is not even enough of a footnote for me to hear/remember him he's obviously nothing special.

Old
12-07-2005, 01:33 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Quote:

I have no idea who Robbie Earl is, I wouldn't even ask for him.

Then your response should have been I have no idea what the value of this deal and said nothing. It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth (or type with your fingers) and remove all doubt.

Old
12-07-2005, 01:38 PM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skworch
Then your response should have been I have no idea what the value of this deal and said nothing. It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool then to open your mouth (or type with your fingers) and remove all doubt.

I said I didnt know who Robbie Earl is, but that in no way means that I can't have an opinion of the deal. Seriously man, you should apply your "wisom" to yourself and realize what sort of garbage you just posted.

I said I didn't know who Robbie Earl was, so I wouldn't trade for him, then I made a counter-proposal with no Earl in it...because I don't know who he is. That makes me a fool?

Last edited by GKJ: 12-07-2005 at 04:23 PM.
Old
12-07-2005, 01:40 PM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
I don't know about that. We have lots of Antropov types on our team. Slow, big, great down low. We need a fast scoring top six winger. You know as well as I do that Allison and Samsonov have good chemisty together, and I think if would be in JFJ's best interest to try and cut a deal with MOC. I honestly do not really know what it would take to get him out of Boston, but I do know Boston will want at least one roster player and a pretty good prospect.
that maybe so, but I thought Antropov was playing pretty well with Allison?

Allison and Samsonov had great chemistry in Boston, and if JFJ is calling and looking for Samsonov I think MOC might listen, but if your going to deal an star hockey player to a division rival, I think he'd want a star hockey player in return. One that can have at least as big an impact as Samsonov, and one that could come back to haunt the Leafs like Samsonov would haunt the Bruins.

Old
12-07-2005, 02:10 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
I am MORE than confident in my knowledge of hockey and prospects. If a prospect is not even enough of a footnote for me to hear/remember him he's obviously nothing special.

Oh...alrighty then. I guess the subject is closed.

Closed Thread