HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How is Tambellini doing?

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2005, 11:04 AM
Calgary_Moe

vCash: 500
How is Tambellini doing?

I see he hardly played last night. Seems like kind of a waste of a young offensive player - don't you think? I mean, he sees top line icetime in Manchester, why waste him on the pin in LA?

Thoughts? Has he looked any good when he was on the ice?

Moe

Old
12-07-2005, 11:38 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
You ever hear that Alison Moyet song from the 80's? I believe it was called "Invisible."

Old
12-07-2005, 11:51 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary_Moe
I see he hardly played last night. Seems like kind of a waste of a young offensive player - don't you think? I mean, he sees top line icetime in Manchester, why waste him on the pin in LA?

Thoughts? Has he looked any good when he was on the ice?

Moe

I share the same feelings......but i'm use to it with Cammy as well. Tambellini will get his shot. The guy has blazing speed, and great hands but you would never notice......as of yet anyways. It started out good yesterday, but the same thing happened the previous two games. He gets early shifts with top two lines, and never sees another shift........kinda' odd.

Old
12-07-2005, 12:10 PM
B-MEL

unfortunatley, the Kings took some many penalties, he could not get the ice time. and with ALL the momentum goin to the Leafs for the 2nd half of the game, he got in just a few seconds.

He will get his time. Maybe at home against Carolina tomorrow, if, the Kings stay away from the box.

Old
12-07-2005, 12:11 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
You ever hear that Alison Moyet song from the 80's? I believe it was called "Invisible."

'member that Yaz song (also sung by Moyet)? "Only You"

Old
12-07-2005, 12:18 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MEL
unfortunatley, the Kings took some many penalties, he could not get the ice time. and with ALL the momentum goin to the Leafs for the 2nd half of the game, he got in just a few seconds.

He will get his time. Maybe at home against Carolina tomorrow, if, the Kings stay away from the box.

Airfare from Toronto to Manchester is so much cheaper than from LA... one wonders if the Kings will bring Tambellini back with them... (How's that ankle, Georgie?)

Old
12-07-2005, 12:33 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
I thought you'd go for a Lemon Pipers song here.....

Old
12-07-2005, 01:55 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
I thought you'd go for a Lemon Pipers song here.....
listen while i play lay lay lay my green tamb.... ellini???

Old
12-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary_Moe

He is not ready for the NHL. But that was not the point of bringing him up. He needs to get his cup of coffee and see just how hard the NHL really is so when he gets sent down he knows what he needs to work on.

To bad that game had so many penalties he never really had the chance to show what he could do. To much PK...

Old
12-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Osprey

I've figured throughout this road trip that Jeff would be send back to Manchester after the road trip was over. I hope they haven't brought him back to Los Angeles. The Monarchs need him and he's not doing much (or getting the opportunity) with the Kings right now.

Old
12-07-2005, 08:21 PM
jeffreyaa

With all the trade rumors out there, I don't think it's inconceivable the Kings are putting him w/the big boys to see what he can do- either they like him enough to keep him around, or at least they're giving some other teams a chance to get hooked on him.

If there is ANYTHING to the Bertuzzi rumor [which I'd love, but consider a major longshot], sending them the son of their assistant GM [who happened to be at the Kings/Leafs game last night...] might be enticing, eh?

Old
12-07-2005, 08:28 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyaa

If there is ANYTHING to the Bertuzzi rumor [which I'd love, but consider a major longshot], sending them the son of their assistant GM [who happened to be at the Kings/Leafs game last night...] might be enticing, eh?
One would think so, especially considering the Canucks lack of a bluechip offensive product.

Old
12-07-2005, 08:28 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
If I was Dave Nonis, I wouldn't be too quick to bring in my assistant's son as a prospect. It could make for some awkward situations like, "hey Steve, how's it going and by the way, we're trading your kid"....

Old
12-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I hope and pray we don't get Bertuzzi. I'd much rather try to land a defenseman.

Old
12-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Pete Rock

Quote:
With all the trade rumors out there, I don't think it's inconceivable the Kings are putting him w/the big boys to see what he can do- either they like him enough to keep him around, or at least they're giving some other teams a chance to get hooked on him.
I don't think they have Tambellini on the go. If I wanted to show other teams scouts what my newly-on-the-market player had, I'd give him a lot more than 5 minutes a game.

Old
12-08-2005, 02:07 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

seems like a typical Rookie situation...Coach doesnt trust him...He's not comfortable...yet trying to impress with whatever ice-time falls to him...take a bad risk, and you could be on the next flight to Manchester

Old
12-08-2005, 02:50 AM
Johnny Utah

I didnt expect much from a kid who didn't start out well in the AHL just two months ago before he got hot to come in and make a spalsh with an NHL team. I'm sure the Tambellini we see next year will look a lot different, that's what a year in the AHL can do.

Old
12-08-2005, 02:58 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
I didnt expect much from a kid who didn't start out well in the AHL just two months ago before he got hot to come in and make a spalsh with an NHL team. I'm sure the Tambellini we see next year will look a lot different, that's what a year in the AHL can do.
Agree. He'll settle in. He's looked better every game. Everyone also needs to remember that for his first game, he'd only practiced with the team once.

12-08-2005, 05:55 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
He's just a green player who needs some time

Closed Thread