HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kondratiev's mean streak

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2005, 02:56 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Kondratiev's mean streak

For the year and half that we've had Drats, we've all heard about his tendency to get physical. So why isn't he hitting much?

Old
12-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Fletch

He's starting to...

seemed as though he had a rough go getting used to the game and in the past 10, he's been more comfortable. I don't think he's overly physical (i.e., Kaspar).

Old
12-07-2005, 03:14 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
For the year and half that we've had Drats, we've all heard about his tendency to get physical. So why isn't he hitting much?

Maybe you close your eyes before he throws a hit but he is ranked 4th on the team in hits with only Kasp, Orts and Hollweg having thrown more. Just becaus he doesnt lay guys out like Kasparitis does, doesnt mean he isnt hitting.

Old
12-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Levitate

i remember he played pretty chippy in his first couple of games, but seemed to try to calm things down in order to just play a more solid game...hopefully as he gets more comfortable that will come back. though he's not just a "throw a big hit" kind of guy...he's pretty dirty with the stick and stuff

Old
12-07-2005, 04:12 PM
SML

Not only does he not hit, he seems to be a little contact shy. I seem to remember quite a few occasions where he got absolutely destroyed going back to get the puck, and to me at least, it has made him a little hesitant.

Old
12-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
Not only does he not hit, he seems to be a little contact shy. I seem to remember quite a few occasions where he got absolutely destroyed going back to get the puck, and to me at least, it has made him a little hesitant.
You mean, to the point where he coasted in on what would have been an icing late in the game on Monday and ended up missing the puck which led to a scoring opportunity?

I seem to think he isn't as heralded in the physical department as others had spoke. Kind of the same way people were comparing Lundmark to Roenick.

Old
12-08-2005, 10:49 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Maybe you close your eyes before he throws a hit but he is ranked 4th on the team in hits with only Kasp, Orts and Hollweg having thrown more. Just becaus he doesnt lay guys out like Kasparitis does, doesnt mean he isnt hitting.
What is he shoving them a little? That's not hitting... but where did you find statistics for hits?

Old
12-08-2005, 12:29 PM
Choice

I dont think he has the size to lay guys out in the NHL. Plus the way he played his whole life in Russia, I'm guessing there was less emphasis on the big hit and more on the right positioning.

What I'd like to see from 'Drats is good outlet passes to start the rush, and a powerplay quarterback with a accurate heavy shot.

Old
12-08-2005, 02:36 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
What is he shoving them a little? That's not hitting... but where did you find statistics for hits?
No its not little shoving. That is not a hit. Again, just because he not throwing bone crunching hits doesn't mean he isnt taking the body.

http://www.nhl.com/nhlstats/stats?se...tssPlayerStats

Old
12-08-2005, 03:02 PM
DontStaal

drats gettin hammered at boards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML
That doesnt happen a few times.. it happens all the time. The guy goes for the puck and gets hammered. Opposing teams know this by know and basically crack him at the boards, and he seems afraid to play the puck out from those situations.

Old
12-08-2005, 05:02 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Right, he's been absolutely plastered a few times going back for the puck. Sometimes I see those hits and wonder if he's going to ever get up again. I guess he needs to learn to move the puck quicker or shift his body at the last second to avoid getting hit because it only seems to happen to him.

Old
12-08-2005, 05:28 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94
Right, he's been absolutely plastered a few times going back for the puck. Sometimes I see those hits and wonder if he's going to ever get up again. I guess he needs to learn to move the puck quicker or shift his body at the last second to avoid getting hit because it only seems to happen to him.
Exactly. But like ive posted in a previous thread, in the last few games it did seem he was doing this better. Avoiding more of the big hits by the forecheckers by either spinning away or moving the puck up quicker (and accurate still).

Old
12-08-2005, 05:46 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Anyone else see a Russian Greschner in both looks & play ?

Last edited by Bluenote13: 07-09-2006 at 11:15 PM.
Old
12-08-2005, 05:46 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Anyone else see a Russian Greschner in both looks & play ?

I dont know how he played but thats pretty scarry how much alike they look.

Old
12-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
I dont know how he played but thats pretty scarry how much alike they look.
Drats reminds me of Gresch a bit. Ron was talented and a strong hitter, but never was consistent with both after his first season or two.

Closed Thread