HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TJ Oshie

Old
11-26-2015, 09:34 AM
Privet

vCash: 500
TJ Oshie

What's up with this guy? I expected him to be way better so far. 5G 6A not good enough, IMO.

Last edited by calicapsfan: 12-10-2015 at 06:14 PM.
Privet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 09:38 AM
Jedgi

You might a bit too focused on numbers. He's been all over the ice.

Jedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 09:50 AM
Eazy for Kuzy
Forever a Caps fan

vCash: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedgi View Post
You might a bit too focused on numbers. He's been all over the ice.
Yeah, not only this but he has had poor luck in the past few games. He might not be scoring much but I don't remember him making a single mistake so far this season.

Eazy for Kuzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 09:55 AM
Skrudland2Lomakin

Both he and Williams have delivered. When a team is firing on all cylinders you will stop seeing individual players running up their stats and the wealth spread a bit more. I was wondering though when this type of thread would inevitably happen. I would wager that Ovechkin will probably have a statistically underwhelming season, and that's a good thing. For us to succeed we need to spread out the points.

Skrudland2Lomakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 10:20 AM
hockeykicker

Hes been everything and more. Lets not forget kuznestov taking off is because of him. (Well more like oshie opens up space for him as well as making him better)

hockeykicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 10:50 AM
Privet

I would like to see him producing on the scoreboard and in the stat sheet. I know he is capable of that.

Privet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 11:08 AM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Privet View Post
I would like to see him producing on the scoreboard and in the stat sheet. I know he is capable of that.
It'll come. He's been snake bit.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 11:12 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Love him. He's light years better than Brouwer. I fully expect a 20 points in 12 games type run at some point.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 11:43 AM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Love him. He's light years better than Brouwer. I fully expect a 20 points in 12 games type run at some point.
This.

And I don't care too much about the points. What he adds on the ice is making everyone else better.

stanleycaps98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 11:47 AM
burlivo

But isn't that Blues fans were concerned with him? That he has no finish? And also I remember they complained about him falling too much. Hope I'm wrong though!

burlivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 12:10 PM
hockeykicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by burlivo View Post
But isn't that Blues fans were concerned with him? That he has no finish? And also I remember they complained about him falling too much. Hope I'm wrong though!
put it this way, would you rather have another year of troy brouwer or have oshie and kuznetov excelling? having oshie and ovechkin gives kuznestov soo much space to work with

oshie will just keep doing the great job he is currently doing. if the stats dont come then oh well but the team is so much better with him in the lineup

hockeykicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 01:16 PM
capitalsrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by burlivo View Post
He definitely does fall a lot, but Oshie has proven he can finish, he's just more of a playmaker because he's so creative with the puck and with passes.

He's been great defensively, but he's been just as good offensively. Just hasn't been getting the bounces.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 02:38 PM
caps8

I love what Oshie brings to the team and despite his production being a little bit lacking, I feel that will eventually pick up. He gives the team another weapon and will be huge for us when it really matters.

caps8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 02:50 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Oshie will get plenty of points once Ovechkin's aim gets to norm.

Raikkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 03:55 PM
Eazy for Kuzy
Forever a Caps fan

I will ask this question, does anyone remember Oshie making a mistake this season, like being careless with the puck?

Old
11-26-2015, 04:27 PM
g00n
Global Moderator
♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Backstrom View Post
I will ask this question, does anyone remember Oshie making a mistake this season, like being careless with the puck?
I think there were maybe a handful of times total I can recall, and I watch him a lot. There have to be more than that. He tends to get the better of coinflip plays, too.

As I said in another thread, I'd like to see Williams up with Ovechkin and Oshie on the 2nd line for a bit. Try

8-19-14
90-92-77

This is what we thought we'd be seeing when the moves were made. Oshie may be suffering the same fate as Mojo when he was on the top line, which is deferring to Ovechkin a bit too much. Early on maybe new guys on that line benefit from the space, but eventually they seem to try and find Ovie a lot. Williams is a bit more stable and "mature" as a player and probably won't fall into that trap. He would be Knuble II, but with maybe more mobility and smarts, let's say.

Then you'd have Oshie in more of a shooting role on the 2nd line with Kuz. We know they have chemistry. Mojo will add what he adds as the best option there for the time being, until Bura gets his mess sorted out. I think that would encourage Oshie to look to score more, and not just keep plays alive or distribute.

g00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 05:06 PM
Eazy for Kuzy
Forever a Caps fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00n View Post
I think there were maybe a handful of times total I can recall, and I watch him a lot. There have to be more than that. He tends to get the better of coinflip plays, too.

As I said in another thread, I'd like to see Williams up with Ovechkin and Oshie on the 2nd line for a bit. Try

8-19-14
90-92-77

This is what we thought we'd be seeing when the moves were made. Oshie may be suffering the same fate as Mojo when he was on the top line, which is deferring to Ovechkin a bit too much. Early on maybe new guys on that line benefit from the space, but eventually they seem to try and find Ovie a lot. Williams is a bit more stable and "mature" as a player and probably won't fall into that trap. He would be Knuble II, but with maybe more mobility and smarts, let's say.

Then you'd have Oshie in more of a shooting role on the 2nd line with Kuz. We know they have chemistry. Mojo will add what he adds as the best option there for the time being, until Bura gets his mess sorted out. I think that would encourage Oshie to look to score more, and not just keep plays alive or distribute.
I agree completely with what you said. Almost everyone who has ever played with Ovi tended to defer to him. He generates many scoring chances though, regardless of his line mates and is a smarter player than Brouwer. He's had great looks also on the PP, he can really connect on those one timers.

Goalies have robbed TJ of a few goals so far this season. I'm not worried about the top 6, it's one of the best in the league.

Old
11-26-2015, 05:42 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Considering what he's done to solidify the top six (along with Williams)....love what he brings so far.

Needs to step in up when the playoffs come around...but we'll knew that was the rub going into this.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 06:59 PM
HowToShoot101

He has delivered.

HowToShoot101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 07:41 PM
Capathetic

His PK is good,has unbelievable hands ESP at high speeds,good forecheck,excellent on the walls with shifty little moves that are creating separation.....and so on.

He's got a ton of skill and coming from a hitch team is very defensively responsible. You really can't ask for more.

Capathetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 09:31 PM
Carlzner

He's a beast.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2015, 10:39 PM

I'd like to see him on the 2nd line away from OV to eliminate that pressure and have Williams as 1RW as someone else suggested. Waiting for him to win us a few shootouts too.

442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2015, 12:27 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Wasted opportunities

Blues fans have been patiently waiting for this thread I'm sure. I wondered myself. His numbers are disappointing but less indicative of his overall impact to the top line IMO. He's been everything we could have asked for EXCEPT actually putting up great numbers.

That said, if this team wants to win a Cup, he needs to produce at a better rate than some of the previous players who have filled the opposite winger role with 8/19.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2015, 12:28 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
Wasted opportunities

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442 View Post
I'd like to see him on the 2nd line away from OV to eliminate that pressure and have Williams as 1RW as someone else suggested. Waiting for him to win us a few shootouts too.
I too would like to see some experimentation.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2015, 01:20 PM
RandyHolt
Registered Loser

vCash: 50
He has exceeded expectations. There is more to the game, than points.

That is, increasing the overall skill level of the team, and rather noticeably. He is built like a fire hydrant and is much more physical than Brouwer, to circle back to the trade.

He has fit into a line which was always a concern of mine blindly bringing in a top 6. Look at all the failures we have had in acquiring players and them quickly demoted / doing nothing more than eating popcorn.

RandyHolt is online now   Reply With Quote