HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

LaBarber

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Aristocles14

vCash: 500
LaBarber

Has LaBarber lost the Number one job to Garon, or do you think the Kings are just going with the hotter netminder?

Old
12-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Osprey

The latter, but LaBarbera has only a couple more months to prove himself better. If it's still like this at the Olympic break, Garon will likely be annointed for the playoff stretch. I've felt all along that Garon would be the one come Spring. With the flexibility that Garon demonstrates night in and night out, though, I'm tensed for a groin injury to happen eventually, at which point LaBarbera will have his best chance. It's great to know that a quality netminder like LaBarbera is available to take over and carry this team in case of injury.

Last edited by Osprey: 12-11-2005 at 04:09 PM.
Old
12-11-2005, 04:38 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristocles14
Has LaBarber lost the Number one job to Garon, or do you think the Kings are just going with the hotter netminder?
Someone was listening to the Panthers broadcast yesterday...

The one where Denis Potvin also said that Avery(and all of the negative attention he's generated) was probably one of the reasons tha Kings did so poorly on the last roadtrip...and in which they cited Garon's glove as one of his strongest assets...

Old
12-11-2005, 05:23 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristocles14
Labarbera was never the official #1. He was playing better than Garon earlier in the year so he got the majority of the starts. But recently Labs play has been sub par and Garon has been doing very well.

If Garon continues to play as well as he is now, I don't think we'll ever see Labs get the majority of the starts again.

Old
12-11-2005, 05:36 PM
willie

I don't even know if we'll see a #1 "declared" by the post-season. The Kings very well may platoon right up until the team is eliminated. (or the much more unlikely scenario of hoisting the Cup )

Old
12-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
I don't even know if we'll see a #1 "declared" by the post-season. The Kings very well may platoon right up until the team is eliminated. (or the much more unlikely scenario of hoisting the Cup )
I suppose that's quite possible. That'd be just like AM, too: hand everything to Garon, yet not declare him #1. On the other hand, if it so happens that, in March, the Kings are on the bubble and playing themselves out of the playoff picture, I agree that AM may panic and resume the rotation in hopes of turning things around. That's actually spooky (in a deja-vu way) to think about, since it sounds so like the Kings. That's probably just as likely a scenario as the Kings having a playoff spot in March and winning enough games to keep it.

Thanks, willie. Following the Kings means never feeling comfortable. I know better than to forget that

Old
12-11-2005, 06:31 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
My guess is that no one within the organization cares about your rotisserie league team.

Closed Thread