HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Can somebody from Winnipeg help me out?

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 08:30 PM
Impossibles

vCash: 500
Can somebody from Winnipeg help me out?

I took a look at www.moosehockey.com, and there is something about something called "True North - Sports and Entertainment Ltd." and how it only seats 7500.

Is Winnipeg getting a new arena, or is the old one getting renovated?

Old
10-14-2003, 09:13 PM
gibber1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibles
I took a look at www.moosehockey.com, and there is something about something called "True North - Sports and Entertainment Ltd." and how it only seats 7500.

Is Winnipeg getting a new arena, or is the old one getting renovated?
It's about half way done. It's downtown where the old Eaton's store was. It will host 15,005 for hockey and has 2,300 underground parking stalls. It gets cold here. Maybe, just maybe with the CBA next year you never know who might want to relocate.

Old
10-14-2003, 10:12 PM
Smart Alek

I read somewhere that the blueprints contain allowances for expansion to 18000-19000 seats. Take that for what you will...

Old
10-15-2003, 02:01 AM
Puckhound

The 7 500 figure is with the upper deck closed and doesn't count the 68 luxury boxes which are already sold out. One of the complaints people have made about IHL/AHL hockey is that there are two many empty seats which leads to a poor atmosphere for a hockey game. The Moose average about 7 000 fans/game. By keeping the upper deck closed the new building will be sold out for most games, all seats even the less expensive ones* will be very good and there will be a much better atmosphere. They have sold 3 500 seasons tickets for next year and will try and sell 5 000. That leaves only 2 500 for single game sales which will make it tough to get tix for some games.

*$12 a seat to watch the likes of Reid, Federov, Koltsov etc is a helluva deal in my books. They all may be in the NHL next year but then again the NHL may not happen next year.

Old
10-15-2003, 08:00 AM
Impossibles

That's great to hear.

This means that the canucks farm team will be in the peg for years to come.

Old
10-15-2003, 10:49 AM
fergo
Are we stopped?

For those who want a bit more information on the new arena (currently named the True North Centre, but more likely to get a corporate tag on it like the "Billy Bo Joe Bob's Used Car Dealership Arena"), you can go here:

http://www.truenorthproject.mb.ca

Another interesting thing about moving into the new building.......some of the tickets for a Moose game will actually be going DOWN instead of going up. Pretty sweet deal......even if it is a buck or two lower.

Closed Thread