HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eaton forced to mature quickly

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 07:44 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Eaton forced to mature quickly

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/in...&news_id=27425

Old
10-14-2003, 08:50 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I've been slightly disappointed with Eaton's physical presence. I was hoping that the 15 pounds he added would do more for him physical. It really hasn't been as much of an increase as I would like. However, the article does shed some light on that. Maybe, he only gained 5 pounds as the article states.

Old
10-14-2003, 09:55 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I think Eaton has played well. If you're looking for him to all the sudden be Kloucek you will always be disappointed. He'll be much like York, who isn't very phsyical, but strong on his skates and smart with his positioning. Eaton IMHO, actually has much better puck skills than York.

Old
10-14-2003, 12:29 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I think Eaton has played well. If you're looking for him to all the sudden be Kloucek you will always be disappointed. He'll be much like York, who isn't very phsyical, but strong on his skates and smart with his positioning. Eaton IMHO, actually has much better puck skills than York.

Agreed. But, while I don't want him to be the next Kloucek, he isn't as strong on his skates as I would like. That being said, bulking up and becoming stronger on your skates is a gradual process and doesn't happen over one summer. It may take him a year or two of training to see a major improvement in that area.

Old
10-14-2003, 01:02 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Agreed. But, while I don't want him to be the next Kloucek, he isn't as strong on his skates as I would like. That being said, bulking up and becoming stronger on your skates is a gradual process and doesn't happen over one summer. It may take him a year or two of training to see a major improvement in that area.
I think it's something already noticeable. I haven't seen him get manhandled down low yet and we've played teams with players who can manhandle. That's where his problem lies, can he tie a man up in front of the net, can he pin a man along the boards. You don't have to be a great checker to keep the crease clear but you do have to be smarter and as strong as the one your battling with, you don't have to be a bruiser to control the defensive zone but you have to be strong enough to isolate the play along the boards. Nik Lidstrom does all of these things extremely well and that's who Eaton needs to replicate, he'll never be Chelios style player. Now please don't think I believe he has Lidstrom’s or Chelios’ potential, just using them as styles of play.

Closed Thread