HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rucchin

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2005, 09:36 AM
JerseyRangers

vCash: 500
Rucchin

Its time to trade Steve if there is any interest out there. Earlier in the season I was hoping that he looked slow out there cause of injuries. Now after watching him since he sat out for a week I realize that he's just lost a couple of steps. Offensively he brings nothing and while he is good defensively he still needs to produce. Right now I'd rather see Niemenen, Hossa or even Orr play before I see Rucchin out there.

Old
12-08-2005, 11:49 AM
Bretzky*

I'd keep Rucchin. This has been brought up so many times, I don't feel like explaining my reasoning yet again.

Old
12-08-2005, 11:54 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers
Its time to trade Steve if there is any interest out there. Earlier in the season I was hoping that he looked slow out there cause of injuries. Now after watching him since he sat out for a week I realize that he's just lost a couple of steps. Offensively he brings nothing and while he is good defensively he still needs to produce. Right now I'd rather see Niemenen, Hossa or even Orr play before I see Rucchin out there.
Because Niemenen and Hossa have produced offensively lately?

Old
12-08-2005, 12:21 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangersFan
In Hossa's case because he is young and still has some potential and as for Niemenen even he brings more offensively than Rucchin does these days. I also wouldn't be against calling up Dawes or Immonen from Hartford. Bottom line, we've got too many defensive minded forwards up here. As the oldest of the group and the one with some potential trade value (I hope) he's the logical candidate to go.

Old
12-08-2005, 12:24 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Rucchin to the ducks for a 3rd. I wouldn't loose a drop a sleep if he was traded. Hasn't brought anything to the team on ice. Not sure about his leadership qualities though.

Old
12-08-2005, 12:32 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
I'll offer ya Bonk for Rucchin. Deal? Both make the same 2.2-2.3 ish salary, although Rucchin has an expiring contract (sounds like NBA trade talks )while Bonk is signed for next year.

(Bonk and Hossa were a very good duo this year in pre-season so maybe the magic is still there.)

Old
12-08-2005, 12:32 PM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Rucchin to the ducks for a 3rd. I wouldn't loose a drop a sleep if he was traded. Hasn't brought anything to the team on ice. Not sure about his leadership qualities though.
Done! Whatever leadership qualities he brings to the table are diminshed by the fact that he brings almost nothing to the team on the ice, IMO.

Old
12-08-2005, 01:24 PM
eco's bones

[QUOTE=Marc the Habs Fan]I'll offer ya Bonk for Rucchin. Deal? Both make the same 2.2-2.3 ish salary, although Rucchin has an expiring contract (sounds like NBA trade talks )while Bonk is signed for next year.

(Bonk and Hossa were a very good duo this year in pre-season so maybe the magic is still there.)[/QUOTE

When is the last time Radek put one in the net?

Old
12-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan
I'll offer ya Bonk for Rucchin. Deal? Both make the same 2.2-2.3 ish salary, although Rucchin has an expiring contract (sounds like NBA trade talks )while Bonk is signed for next year.

(Bonk and Hossa were a very good duo this year in pre-season so maybe the magic is still there.)
I'd rather take a pick... We already have enough roster problems.

Old
12-08-2005, 05:44 PM
ihatenewjersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangersFan
i'd take either of those guys, even if they didnt have arms..... over ............orr, who is a complete waste of life

Old
12-08-2005, 07:23 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatenewjersey
i'd take either of those guys, even if they didnt have arms..... over ............orr, who is a complete waste of life
Pretty broad statement your making there...Jeez....

Old
12-08-2005, 08:03 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatenewjersey
What is wrong with you? The guy has played ONE game for us. You can tell from that one game all that? You are definitely out of your mind if you think Orr is a big problem here...

Old
12-08-2005, 09:45 PM
Bretzky*

Rucchin has 2 goals tonight.
3rd round pick from Anaheim has 0.

Old
12-08-2005, 10:58 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

The Rangers success this season continues to mask the fact that this is a rebuilding project. Rucchin scored two goals...good for him. More inmportant is the fact that Prucha is establishing himself as a legitimate top six forward. Rucchin is nothing more than a one year stopgap measure who was brought here, since the Rangers did not know what to expect from players like Betts, Moore and Immonen. Well, Betts is the team's best faceoff man, a top PKer and exactly what you would expect from a third line center; Moore is a top PKer and should be a fixture as a 4th line center; Immonen continue to be one of Hartford's best offensive players, while adjusting to life in NA. Pardon me if I'm less concerned with the success of people like Rucchin, Straka, Niemenen or any D-man not named Tyutin or Kondratiev. Again, this is year one of this project and we are seeing great success from at least five players who could be a part of a long term core. If Rucchin plays well, the only thing it means to me is that he raises his trade value.

Old
12-08-2005, 11:13 PM
DarthSather99

jas: I am a proponent of the rebuilding and playing the young guys. Rucchin is irrelevant in the long term. He is vital in the short term. You don't leave yourself short at this point. Moore, Betts, Ward, and Ortmeyer are playing great. Rucchin supplements that. There will be injuries throughout the rest of the year. Depth and experience is not a bad thing even on a rebuilding team. Keeping the pressure (total dependence) off the young guys has benefitted them. This will be a longer and tougher year than any other for the young guys. If we trade Rucchin at the trade deadline, then fine. Get picks/prospects for someone we will lose anyway. Trading him now would be a big mistake. He's more important to us now than he is to any other team and what they would give us for him at this point. His greatest value is at the trade dealine where his salary is mostly paid and teams can easily fit him in their cap.

Old
12-08-2005, 11:23 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Darth...okay, but which is more important to the Rangers long term - Rucchin playing on the fourth line, or the continued development of Ryan Hollweg? At this point, I'd rather have Hollweg in the lineup than Rucchin or Niemenen.

Old
12-08-2005, 11:45 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Darth...okay, but which is more important to the Rangers long term - Rucchin playing on the fourth line, or the continued development of Ryan Hollweg? At this point, I'd rather have Hollweg in the lineup than Rucchin or Niemenen.

Keeping Hollweg in the minors this year with occasional call ups will not hurt him. He's an energy player of which the current Ranger roster has plenty. An offensively talented player could have his development stunted with a lack of playing time or lack of challange but not an energy guy. He is still young and will probably be in the NHL next year if he plays his way on.

What the Rangers lack is NHL experience in the forward position. What's the rush in trading Rucchin NOW?

Old
12-09-2005, 08:47 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
Keeping Hollweg in the minors this year with occasional call ups will not hurt him. .
I guess that it would not have hurt Prucha, Kondratiev, or Tyutin either. Hollweg has nothing to prove in Hartford. He is handling the NHL level of play quite well and has no reason to be in Hartford. For what he does, he has been doing it quite well.

"He's an energy player of which the current Ranger roster has plenty."

Name one who plays like Hollweg.

"An offensively talented player could have his development stunted with a lack of playing time or lack of challange but not an energy guy"

What is the point of having him in Hartford?

" He is still young and will probably be in the NHL next year if he plays his way on. "

What's wrong with the way he has played this year?

Old
12-09-2005, 09:17 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I guess that it would not have hurt Prucha, Kondratiev, or Tyutin either. Hollweg has nothing to prove in Hartford. He is handling the NHL level of play quite well and has no reason to be in Hartford. For what he does, he has been doing it quite well.

"He's an energy player of which the current Ranger roster has plenty."

Name one who plays like Hollweg.

"An offensively talented player could have his development stunted with a lack of playing time or lack of challange but not an energy guy"

What is the point of having him in Hartford?

" He is still young and will probably be in the NHL next year if he plays his way on. "

What's wrong with the way he has played this year?
I know you love Hollweg but there's no room for him on the roster now. If he was good enough to be playing with them he'd be playing. Prucha, Kondratiev, and Tyutin are superior in talent to Hollweg. Don't even compare them. There's nothing wrong with the way he's played this year. Again, there's no room on the roster for him otherwise he'd be playing. Do you see a trend in my response? What is the point of having him in Hartford? The same reason players like Immonen, Pock and Baranka are there. There are better players on the Rangers team right now. They need to excel this year thus proving that they deserve a shot next year. Are we not winning games with the players we have? Why trade a guy who's be a part of that winning formula just to make room for a player you like. If he's good enough, they'll be more room on the roster next year or when there's injuries.

Old
12-09-2005, 09:36 AM
JerseyRangers

Quote:
I know you love Hollweg but there's no room for him on the roster now. If he was good enough to be playing with them he'd be playing.
Thats not always true that the best players play. Anyway, Hollweg is one of the few players that consistently hits. Last night in the 3rd period when Hartwell and Hordichuck were running everything that moves a guy like Hollweg was needed. Ville certainly didn't respond. Rucchin is not that type of player.

Quote:
Are we not winning games with the players we have? Why trade a guy who's be a part of that winning formula just to make room for a player you like. If he's good enough, they'll be more room on the roster next year or when there's injuries.
Sitting veterans like Rucchin and Ville makes no sense even if their are better alternatives. The only thing you do is reduce their trade value. Easier to sit a young guy. Simple as that. Again, I haven't seen anything from either to suggest that they are key components of this team that can't be replaced from within the organization. If the opportunity presents itself on the trade market to upgrade the team and a guy like Rucchin or Ville have to go then I'm all for it. This team still has alot of holes!

Old
12-09-2005, 10:34 AM
True Blue

Quote:
I know you love Hollweg but there's no room for him on the roster now.
Excuse me? No room on the roster for him? How so? Seems to me that he fits in the bottom 2 lines quite well. His noticeable energy is missing. Who is a better candidate than him to fill the bottom 2 line spots? He is not in the lineup becuase there are too many vets and becuase Hossa is not being benched for his poor play.

"If he was good enough to be playing with them he'd be playing. "

Please go back and read the "One vet too many" threads.

"Prucha, Kondratiev, and Tyutin are superior in talent to Hollweg. Don't even compare them."

When did any of them (aside from Prucha) play the bottom two lines? And the only reason that Prucha has been on the checking line is becuase Hossa is improperly playing at all.

"There's nothing wrong with the way he's played this year. Again, there's no room on the roster for him otherwise he'd be playing."

See the above response.

"What is the point of having him in Hartford? The same reason players like Immonen, Pock and Baranka are there."

You mean too many people in the way who have no business blocking anyone?

"There are better players on the Rangers team right now."

When talking about Hollweg, you are talking about the bottom 2 lines. When you consider that there are 6 spots and Betts, Moore, Ortmeyer & Ward take up 4 spots, who is better than Hollweg to fill in the other slots?

"They need to excel this year thus proving that they deserve a shot next year."

Please show how Hollweg is not exceling in his job descritpion?

"Are we not winning games with the players we have?"

Can this team not be better?

"Why trade a guy who's be a part of that winning formula just to make room for a player you like."

Why keep a guy when his job can be done equally well by a younger and cheaper counterpart?

"If he's good enough, they'll be more room on the roster next year or when there's injuries."

That already has not been shown to be the case this year. Please see the benching of Drats and Hollweg as examples of players more than good enough, but forced to sit becuase less deserving people are in the way.

Old
12-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Fletch

I think Hollweg...

is in a different situation than Prucha. Hollweg's a fourth liner who will likely not amount to much more than a fourth liner. I don't think his development hurts much by bouncing back and forth. His game is one-dimensional and is not going to develop much more.

Prucha is a potential top six forward (and has been one thus far this season). The Rangers actually may hurt more with him in Hartford than his development would hurt. I think with Prucha, he still needs to work on his defense and the system, and he needs to do that at full speed. Being in the AHL does him no good, and there really isn't a reason why he shouldn't be on an NHL roster.

But this isn't really about what's best for Hollweg, or Prucha, or Kondratiev - it's what's best for the team now and in the future. Hollweg, who I like a heck of a lot, has a lot of competition for his position. Rightly or wrongly, Hossa has been, and may continue to be, in the lineup. The purpose, of course, is to generate offense from a second line; something that is sorely needed now, and would only benefit Prucha (who's the future). There may be nights when Renney feels he needs someone to 'enforce'. There's Moore, Betts, Ward, Rucchin, Ortmeyer, and Niemo bying for spots.

Old
12-09-2005, 04:17 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
When did any of them (aside from Prucha) play the bottom two lines? And the only reason that Prucha has been on the checking line is becuase Hossa is improperly playing at all.
Nope, only in fantasy leagues does Hossa block Prucha. Hossa is the only RW other than Jagr on the Rangers' roster that has the skill for playing on the top two lines.

Don't say Straka; every time I say this no one can point out any time in Straka's career that he has played RW effectively, and Renney has already stated he wants to keep Straka and Jagr together. You may feel free to ignore the fact that Straka does not seem to be effective on RW, but the coaches don't.

Last edited by Khelvan: 12-09-2005 at 05:41 PM.
Old
12-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Park #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers
Rucchin is a great guy to have around this team, is slightly above average offensively and a good defensive player. He works hard. No reason to rush to get rid of him, his value will only grow closer to the deadline.

Old
12-09-2005, 09:04 PM
GraveyTrain09

read the whole argument over. You guys seem to be stating the same thing over and over, not willing to budge or change your perspective.

Havnt we done this before?

Closed Thread