HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

What should the line-up be now?

Closed Thread

Old
10-14-2003, 10:29 PM
Hemsky4PM

vCash: 500
What should the line-up be now?

Two straight shut-out is embarrassing. I would suggest this line-up for the next game against Buffalo:

Smyth- Horcoff - Hemsky
Isbister - York - Dvorak
Moreau- Reasoner- Pisani
Torres- Stoll - Laraque

Brewer Semenov
Smith Staios
Bergeron Ferguson

Conklin (give Tommy a rest)
Tommy

Old
10-14-2003, 10:33 PM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

how about that cat from lawndemons avatar for say cross or most of the defense.

Old
10-15-2003, 03:04 AM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmminvisiblecola
how about that cat from lawndemons avatar for say cross or most of the defense.
Put it in front of the net to finish for Hemsky. :p

Sort of like MacDonald and Gretzky. If a fire hydrant can do it, so can LD's cat.

Old
10-15-2003, 11:25 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
Two straight shut-out is embarrassing. I would suggest this line-up for the next game against Buffalo:

Smyth- Horcoff - Hemsky
Isbister - York - Dvorak
Moreau- Reasoner- Pisani
Torres- Stoll - Laraque

Brewer Semenov
Smith Staios
Bergeron Ferguson

Tommy
I actually think these lines look pretty decent. I definitely think we need to re-unite Smyth with Hemsky and Semenov/Stoll need a chance to show what they've got. I'm hoping Alexei comes out with a big chip on his should and has a massive game Thursday (if he plays).

Old
10-15-2003, 12:54 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Here's my Lineup:

Modin-Comrie-Hemsky
Smyth-York-Dvorak
Isbister-Reasoner-Chimera
Fourth line of some combo of Torres, Pisani, Horcoff, Moreau + Laraque, with all except Georges and Torres (reluctantly on my part) being possible trade material

(D in no particular order, Cross with reduced ice-time)
Brewer-Semenov
Staios-Bergeron
Cross/replacement-Smith/replacement

Yup, I'd make a deal right now, acquire myself Freddy Modin, possibly move Jason Smith (big salary for his role) or Cory Cross (not playing well at all), and of course, sign our #1 center.

Call me radical, call me decisive, that's what I'd attempt to do.

Old
10-15-2003, 01:00 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM

Smyth- Horcoff - Hemsky
Isbister - York - Dvorak
Moreau- Reasoner- Pisani
Torres- Stoll - Laraque

Brewer Semenov
Smith Staios
Bergeron Ferguson

Tommy
Here's a quote from Smyth on an article in the Globe and Mail.

Quote:
"It's fun. It's challenging. Besides, maybe my body will hold up for another 10 years if I play centre."
I'd leave Smyth at Centre but I'd move York to Wing. To me it seems he's struggling a a centre. I yesterday's game York was 25% in faceoffs while Smyth was 60%. I think Smyth is adjusting to centre and if it helps him avoid injury I'm all fore it.

10-15-2003, 01:10 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
Here's a quote from Smyth on an article in the Globe and Mail.

I'd leave Smyth at Centre but I'd move York to Wing. To me it seems he's struggling a a centre. I yesterday's game York was 25% in faceoffs while Smyth was 60%. I think Smyth is adjusting to centre and if it helps him avoid injury I'm all fore it.
Sure he might play 10 more years, but if he's only 70% as effective then I'd rather have him 100% effective for another 7-8 years. The orig. lines posted are ones that I've already posted on the board except I want to see Pisani out and Salmo or Rita in there.

Old
10-15-2003, 03:03 PM
Big T

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Sure he might play 10 more years, but if he's only 70% as effective then I'd rather have him 100% effective for another 7-8 years. The orig. lines posted are ones that I've already posted on the board except I want to see Pisani out and Salmo or Rita in there.

Smyth will be effective and has been to date IMO. I like the idea of him coming through the neutral zone with speed. I think that's something the coaching staff said when they first came up with the idea.

He's already learning to take draws and will be in good position for feeds from Hemmer by playing slot.

We really need somebody to get him and others the puck on the breakout. Get a D-man. And then make sure you keep Bergeron! If they send him to the PB or TO after they get a good top three D-man I'll scream.

Just my thoughts.

Old
10-15-2003, 03:05 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T
Smyth will be effective and has been to date IMO. I like the idea of him coming through the neutral zone with speed. I think that's something the coaching staff said when they first came up with the idea.

He's already learning to take draws and will be in good position for feeds from Hemmer by playing slot.

We really need somebody to get him and others the puck on the breakout. Get a D-man. And then make sure you keep Bergeron! If they send him to the PB or TO after they get a good top three D-man I'll scream.

Just my thoughts.
As far as draws go i have ZERO doubt in my mind that he could turn into one of the leagues best on the dots. He's great with his stick and he's quick and tough - all he needs is the smarts and experience.... he did good on the vs Calgayr - I herd somebody say he won 60% - not sure if thats right but if so there ya go! I still like him on the boards though.

Old
10-15-2003, 03:49 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
As far as draws go i have ZERO doubt in my mind that he could turn into one of the leagues best on the dots. He's great with his stick and he's quick and tough - all he needs is the smarts and experience.... he did good on the vs Calgayr - I herd somebody say he won 60% - not sure if thats right but if so there ya go! I still like him on the boards though.
Smyth was 60% against Calgary and 76% against Vancouver.

Closed Thread